<2000 My 1500 =][= List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

My 1500 =][= List

I've been talking a lot about the Inquisiton, so I wanted to post my undefeated 1500 list (the 1750 slightly modified is new as of tonight, I'm still tweaking it), but I wanted to throw it out to you LOers to take a peak at it.

HQ

Inquisitor Corteaz

Elites

Techmarine
    Psycotroke Grenades, Rad Grenades, Blind Grenades, Nemesis Warding Staff

Troops
    Inquisitorial Henchmen Squad Battlepsykers
    5 Psykers
    2 Crusaders

Transport: Inquisitorial Chimera

Inquisitorial Henchmen Squad, Warriors
    10 Warrior Acolytes
    10 Boltguns
    2 Meltaguns
    1 Jokaero Weaponsmith

Transport: Inquisitorial Chimera

Inquisitorial Henchmen Squad, Deathstar
    7 Death Cult Assassins
    2 Crusaders (or 3, depends if my Techmarine has a Warding staff or not)

Transport: Razorback /w Psybolt Ammo

Fast Attack

Stormraven Gunship
    Hurricane Bolter Sponsons, TL Multimelta, TL Assault Cannon

Stormraven Gunship
    Hurricane Bolter Sponsons, TL Multimelta, TL Assault Cannon

Heavy Support
    Rainman Dreadnaught
    Assault Cannon, TL Autocannon, Psybolt Ammo

Rainman Dreadnaught
    Assault Cannon, TL Autocannon, Psybolt Ammo

1500 pts

Who goes where:

Corteaz and the Techmarine ride with the Deathstar squad inside a Storm Raven. Both Storm Ravens play aggressively. I don't deploy any units inside their dedicated transports, and play them aggressively, as well as the Dreadnaughts. I move Psykers around as required to keep one in viewing range to use their power (Which is S7 AP2), the last squad's role depends on the mission. If it's objectives, I'll move them mid-field to provide fire, then move back during the remaining turns. My Dreadnaughts play the midfield, the idea is to have both storm ravens, the 3 transports, and the 2 dreads at close range. I need the Rainman format on the dreds to support my deathstar squad. Usually my storm ravens can take out the major threats turn 1, my dreds take out either infantry or transports. Standard riflemen dreds would register on my opponents threat meter, but I don't want long range guns firing at them, I want my opponent to pull things into the open for my battle squad to pound down on.

Last edited by cKerensky; September 27th, 2011 at 01:23. Reason: Formatting fail

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Shrubs for the Blood God Undead Bonzi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    207 (x5)

Looks pretty brutal to me. My only thought is that you might have some gernade overkill on the tech marine. I know it makes the unit even more powerful, but honestly I can't think of much that would stand against them even if they only had rad or psychotroke gernades.

On a related note, with all those psykers have you ever considered the Culexus assasin? I know he doesn't really fit this list but if he was within 12" of that psyker squad he would add +5 to his guns assault value, and that's not even counting proximity to GK vehicles which are also psykers.
    The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

Unfortunately the Psyker squad only adds a single shot to the culexus assassin, as they count as a single psyker for all gaming purposes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x5)

I've not thought about that, Bonzi, it is a good thought. Poke brings up a good point, and my main inhibiting factor is that...if I took the assassin, I wouldn't have many spots to skim points from to take it.

What I really like about this list, though, is that I have a lot of threats in close really fast (I'll move my ground vehicles 12 inches if I can. Further if there's a road) to get as close as possible. Weapons you'd normally fire on the deathstar squad, my opponents generally want to fire on my vehicles.

What concerns me, though, are Guard armies. Not even so much the pie plates, but the saturation of targets that need to die. My psykers should be able to drop a large number of guard a turn, but it's ultimately a drip in the ocean. What I'd like to do is see if I can't get another squad of battlepsykers in there. If I dropped a chimera I could do that, but I'm hesitant, because I want that AV12 threat on the board.

What do you think?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

Well the few things I can see that you could drop for points, though im not sure if you would - The warding stave, hurricane bolters (I know you love them), A single crusader from the first psyker squad, and perhaps the psychotroke/blind grenades? I know you have valid reasons for including each one of these add-ons but from what I can see, it is about all you can trim.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x5)

Humm. I could drop the warding staff and a crusader and take it at S6, AP3, still respectable.

The reason I'm a bit leery is that that tech marine *will* be singled out in melee combat by the nastiest things people can throw at it. Corteaz is a "meh" for most, since he's only T3.

Shrubs for the Blood God Undead Bonzi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    207 (x5)

Guard are a tough army because a good list is flexible and has no real weakness. A min/max guard list can still deal with horde or elite MEQ and can be very mobile while doing it. Hydra flak tanks and vendetta/valks will be the greatest threats to your storm ravens but it will be the Melta vets comming at you and the tank pie plates and the massed autocannons that you can't deal with at the same time that will do you in.

If you could shave a few points to get some untility flamers in your lists that might help out, but you'll still have to crack open a wave of AV 12 for the flamers to do any good. Remember, Guard win with Chimeras and Vendetta/valks...if you can take those out you can win. You'll just have to cry as Russ variants and sundry other nastiness chew up your units.
    The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x5)

I've been pondering about an idea I had, that seemed to work out quite well for me. While it doesnt fit in *this* list, I find sticking 2/3 Psykers in a warrior acolyte squad is a downright scary way to increase the number of wounds they can put out, for almost no cost. Almost like having a plasma cannon servitor, except it's an assault weapon (though weaker, it's a large blast. Good enough tradeoff, I think)

Hell, they can even almost blow them selves up in the process!

+ Reply to Thread