<2000 1500 point Sisters of Battle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

1500 point Sisters of Battle

Hi there, here's the sisters list I came up with on the first day of the codex release on an airplane on the way to my holiday! It hasn't changed at all after looking at what other people thought was best, so lets see if you guys think it stands up to criticism. I do have a small sisters force and so might play test this and expand, I actually don't mind the new dex, it is very narrow in scope but I always find myself using a small part every codex anyway. Brief outline of general tactics below:

Uriah Jacobs - 9X points.

8 Battle conclave - 6 Death Cult Assassins, 2 crusaders - 155 (not sure if quite the right balance here)
    In Rhino APC

4 x 10 Battle sisters - 2 Melta Guns, Sister Superior with combi plasma - 190
    In Rhino APC

7 Seraphim's, Seraphim Superior with evisorator - 150 points

Retributor squad with 4 Heavy Bolters - 85 points

2 x Exorsists - 27X points

1500 points. 14 kill points. 61 Infantry. 7 Vehicles.

General strategy: I'd play this list very similar to the way I currently play my Space Wolves surprisingly enough. Judge if I have the long ranged firepower advantage, and if so goad my opponent onto my multitude of short ranged boltery, melty, plasmy death. If not then move forward in tight formation, taking out transports as a priority and sacrificing troop units if necessary. Either way the Seraphim will probably hide behind the rhino's and jump forward to support any sisters who get out the transports with their surprisingly large amount of firepower. Battle Conclave will also stay WELL covered behind the rhino's, and with 30 re-rolling to hit, WS5, S4, I6 power weapon attacks (thats 13.333 dead MEQ's) from the Death Cult alone I can comfortably rely on this unit to do the business. Anyone is going to have trouble taking out that amount of power armour and vehicles, and the huge amount of special weaponary will be a headache for any opponent.

Concerns: Could easily swap out the Seraphims (and a death cult assassin) for a multi-melta armed Immolator with dominions? I'm not sure they add that much currently for a whooping 150 points, they will only kill 2 MEQ's with faith. The evis is there for fear of dreads tying up my squads really. My main concern however is that due to the variable nature of the exorsist I will have to move foward as I can't rely on them to do the business early game!

Last edited by gilli247; September 26th, 2011 at 18:42.
    Armies: Space Marines: 3500pts
    Space Wolves: 2000pts (in Progress)
    Click here to join Travian: http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk5_662

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

Your math is wrong.

7 Seraphim with no weapons and an eviscerator is 135 points and damn near useless. Give them flamers or send them home, but seeing as you're tight on points add this instead:

Dominions x5 - 140
    Meltagun x2
    VSS - Combi-Plasma, Meltabombs.
    Rhino

That will give you 1500 on the dot. The two squads cost the same price, but you had 5 points to spend so I added meltabombs. =P

Immolators are a waste of points now because you can pay half as much for a rhino with 2 firepoints. I would only consider taking one (note just one) if I had points to fill. Buy one on the rets and have it herp around being useless.

Here's my issue with the DCA: They have banshee syndrome. You will kill anything you hit in CC with it, however, you better be in a good place afterwords because that's a T3 6+ squad just sitting out in the open with a big "Kill Me!" sign. That doesn't make them bad, rather it just means you need to be careful with them.
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ikbuh View Post
    because that's a T3 6+ squad just sitting out in the open with a big "Kill Me!" sign.
    With Jacobus they effectively have 3+/5++, at least until someone turns the big guns on them. Could be worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by ikbuh View Post
    Your math is wrong.

7 Seraphim with no weapons and an eviscerator is 135 points and damn near useless. Give them flamers or send them home, but seeing as you're tight on points add this instead:

*Insert suggested Dominion squad here, removed for the sake of a shorter post*

Immolators are a waste of points now because you can pay half as much for a rhino with 2 firepoints. I would only consider taking one (note just one) if I had points to fill. Buy one on the rets and have it herp around being useless.

Here's my issue with the DCA: They have banshee syndrome. You will kill anything you hit in CC with it, however, you better be in a good place afterwords because that's a T3 6+ squad just sitting out in the open with a big "Kill Me!" sign. That doesn't make them bad, rather it just means you need to be careful with them.
    Yeah your right my math is wrong - the list was scribbled all over a piece of paper without a calculator, so I'm not surprised I've made a few errors ! The dominions, they don't really add anything that I don't have already in my opinion, aside from the risky option of outflanking, and I never like to write lists which contain unreliable elements - you know they're going to turn up on the wrong side of the board the one time your relying on them not to! I think I'm going to go for a 6 women squad of Sera's with dual hand flamers for 135 and add searchlights onto some rhino's/1 exorcist for DOW. Do you think that's the better option or would you still go for the dominions, and why?

I can see the use of an outflanking multi-melta immolator for 80 points with a squad of dom's inside. Considering you'd pay 70 for a Land Speeder with HF/MM, which although more tactically flexible with a higher move rate and 2 guns the imolator is slightly more survivable and comes with a *nasty* squad inside - surely justifiable for the points in my opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
    With Jacobus they effectively have 3+/5++, at least until someone turns the big guns on them. Could be worse.
    Yeah I agree entirely, not quite as bad as banshee's, Jacobus is probably the best thing about the new dex, and any heavy guns can be taken on the crusaders, would you swap 1 DA for a Crusader? 6 is probably overkill and as ikbuh says the squad isn't entirely survivable. I would be careful to try and deploy rhino's in tight formation and the rhino behind, preventing opponents drawing LOS or at the very least getting one hell of a 4+ save, and this would at least make sure the squad gets there, and in most cases pay its points back. I do a similar thing with my wolves.

What do you both think about the general competitiveness of the list, I think it could do well to be honest, no nasty/overally cheesy tricks or pysker defence unfortunately, but effective non the less??

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

I'm a little confused as to why you'd consider a single outflanking MM shot at 170 (immo+MM+2melata squad), when 125 points for two outflanking meltas is out of the picture. The immo is too expensive and doesn't have a firing point, but the rhino is 50 points cheaper with the same survivability and 2 firing points, which means your girls don't have to get out. If you move the immo 12", you can't fire the MM and you're girls would have to get out to fire, if you move 6" you'd get one shot and you girls would still have to get out to fire. With the rhino, you still have to get out to fire, bit if you only move 6" you get two shots and your girls don't have to get out. As for the seraphim, I feel that 6 isn't enough, especially without Celestine, They don't get SoTM anymore, so they need to make up for it with bodies. Besides, more bodies = more wounds =P I will never run a henchmen squad, because I don't see them as fluffy, which means I can't speak from experience. However, I suppose AT is right in that with Jacobus and crusaders, you'd have a few 3++ saves to protect them, but I wouldn't rely to much on fnP on a T3 model.Also, you don't need to buy lights on Rhinos, but I don't think Exo's come with it.
    Last edited by ikbuh; September 28th, 2011 at 03:40.
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

I didn't mean I would consider the Immolator squad - I don't have the points for it anyway in this list, I was just wanted to try and argue in favor of immolators for discussion purposes really ! We need as much of it as we can get to find the most fine tuned builds possible to get anything from this dex!

Essentially then for 45 extra points, comparing the 2 squads you've suggested, your getting a (outflanking) twin linked MM but losing the ability to fire out of a hatch. So lets do a bit of theorizing! Assuming your moving on 6" (with both vehicles to fire out the hatch and to fire your MM) your maximum threat range from the board edge with the rhino squad is 18", and only 12" for 2D6 pen.

With the Immolator squad you've got a maximum threat range of 30" from the board edge (useful if they turn up on the wrong side!), and for 2D6 pen 18" from the board edge, more importantly you can get your girls out of the tank and fire at a different target with the same threat range from board edge as if you were only using a rhino. So your paying 45 extra points when it comes down to it for an extra (very good) chance to kill something at quite a long range - lets see how good a chance using the math hammer for a penetrating hit from the immolator, baring in mind most of the time its going to be facing its side of back armour, and will be within melta range:

AV10: 0.593: 2D6: 0.741
    AV11: 0.444: 2D6: 0.666
    AV12: 0.296 2D6: 0.593
    AV13: 0.148 2D6: 0.519

Generally then more then half of the time then the Immolator will score you a penetrating hit against whatever you are facing, and half of those times the target will be destroyed if it doesn't have a cover save. All in all I'll leave you make up your mind weather or not its worth taking!

Back to the list anyway, and yeah I seriously take your point about the Seraphim's, they were and still are just a bit of a filler of points unit really - they'll be deadly against horders though, and keeping them behind the rhino's should keep them relatively safe until they jump forward to provide fire support. Against most opponents though, I feel they probably won't back their points... I'm not sure??

*Disclaimer: It's late at night and I've probably got something wrong in there, I've worked the mathhammer out myself so take it with a small pinch of salt*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by gilli247 View Post

With the Immolator squad you've got a maximum threat range of 30" from the board edge (useful if they turn up on the wrong side!), and for 2D6 pen 18" from the board edge[/SIZE]
    Actually the 2D6 range is closer to 21 when you consider the 2" disembark move especially when only the tail end of the base has to be within 2" of the hatch. since bases are roughly and inch wide AND the meltagun hangs off the edge of the base you are looking at another 3" total to bring you up to 21". Its a stretch and an abuse of the rules in my opinion but perfectly legal. the result is you can hit something with 2 twinlinked 2D6 AP1 shots at almost two feet away from the board edge.

Suffer not the heretic. That's right, I'm looking at you Astartes Librarians.

+ Reply to Thread