<2000 1993pt Orbital Bombardment w/ Psyrifle List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1993pt Orbital Bombardment w/ Psyrifle List

Crowe +150

Techmarine
    Orbital
    3 Servoskulls +149

Techmarine
    Orbital
    3 Servoskulls +149

Techmarine
    Orbital +140

10 Strike
    2 ND Hammer +210

10 Strike
    2 ND Hammer +210

10 Purifiers
    4 Psycannnons
    2 Hammers +290

10 Purifiers
    4 Psycannnons
    2 Hammers +290

Dreadnought
    2 TL Autocannons
    Psybolt +135

Dreadnought
    2 TL Autocannons
    Psybolt +135

Dreadnought
    2 TL Autocannons
    Psybolt +135

I sit the Purifiers w/ Techies back raining orbital death -from behind improved cover- whilst the Dreads bring more pain (I've been considering other options for the dreads... 405pts for 12 S8 AP4 @ 48" doesn't seem optimal, but I'm not sure what else I'd do, suggestions?) Purifiers Psych ability is great for when hordes make it into CC.

Teleport in 20 Strikers where needed splitting into combat squads as needed, hoping that some of the 6 servo skulls are still in play (placing them so that a unit would have to go a bit out of their way to destroy them helps)

I've also considered Puragation Squads for the Techies (Orbital Bombardment would really benefit from Astral Aim), but they're not scoring squads, and psycannons are twice as much for them. another consideration to toss around...

Any thoughts/suggestions?

"We were raised by television to believe that one day we'd be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't. We're slowly learning that fact."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

You may want to re-evaluate your strategy in holding the purifiers back with the dreads. They only have a 24" range so an decent opponent will just sit back and stay out of range and any horde player worth his salt isn't going to be stupid enough to assault the purifiers.

Dreads are about the best AT you can do without henchmen (maybe a vindicare) so I'd keep them in there.

I'm worried that the strikers are just going to get shot-up when then DS in. If you shoot when you drop in that leaves you standing there as blast/template bait.

You may want a squad for the third tech-marine to hide so you aren't limited to shooting at the same target as another orbital shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may want to re-evaluate your strategy in holding the purifiers back with the dreads. They only have a 24" range so an decent opponent will just sit back and stay out of range and any horde player worth his salt isn't going to be stupid enough to assault the purifiers.
    As far as staying back, they'll be on the receiving end of 3-9 Large Ordnance Blasts each turn (or 3 Large Ordnance Blasts + Psy-shock if they're unfortunate enough to be another grey knights player) and my (hopefully obscured) Dreads will lay down some firepower...

I'm worried that the strikers are just going to get shot-up when then DS in. If you shoot when you drop in that leaves you standing there as blast/template bait.
    I was planning on bringing them in later in the game, maybe add an Inquisitor w/ Psychic Communion for better control over reserves.

You may want a squad for the third tech-marine to hide so you aren't limited to shooting at the same target as another orbital shot.
    I split one of the 10 man Purifiers into combat squads so each of the tech marines have squads.

How about this list as an alternative 1943pts (maybe adding an Ordo Malleus, or some psybolt ammo):

Grand Master
    Orbital +225

Vindicare +145

Techmarine
    Orbital
    3 Servoskulls +149

Techmarine
    Orbital
    3 Servoskulls +149

10 Strike
    2 Psycannons
    2 Hammers +240

10 Strike
    2 Psycannons
    2 Hammers +240

10 Strike
    2 Psycannons +220

10 Strike
    2 Psycannon +220

Dreadnought
    2 TL Autocannons
    Psybolt +135

Dreadnought
    2 TL Autocannons
    Psybolt +135

Dreadnought
    2 TL Autocannons
    Psybolt +135
    "We were raised by television to believe that one day we'd be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't. We're slowly learning that fact."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

Just keep in mind Servo Skulls do *not* reduce orbital strike scatter. I do believe it was in the recent FAQ that clarifies this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the heads up, on the Servo-Skulls... but really lame.

+ Reply to Thread