>3000 5000 points apocalypse - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

5000 points apocalypse

okay guys I'm really needing everyones help with this! I am going to be playing a huge apocalypse game in the next 6 months and I am wanting to taking around 5000 points of Grey Knights to accompany my 25k of Eldar and 10k of Imperial Guard. I am using everything I own plus stuff I have planned to buy before this game for both those armies but I have yet to plan what I'm taking for Grey Knights.

I have:
    25 power armour models with various builds and some still to be put together.
    10 Terminator models which are still in their box
    A storm raven to be put together
    7 Rhinos two of which I have parts to make them Razor Backs with Heavy bolters. (As a side note if anyone knows any sites where I can get more parts to make Rhinos into razorbacks. All the ones I've checked have nothing in stock)
    1 Dreadknight
    2 Landraiders (1 Redeemer, 1 Crusader)
    Brother Captain Stern
    Coteaz

So What else do you guys think I need? How should I equip them and in what formation? Do I go for lots of 10-man squads? 5-man? I know I can combat squad but its not an issue since there is no limit to what you can take other than normal limit of unique characters. I have no problem buying more stuff for this game I just want a good idea of what I need to buy as a nessessity and what is not urgently needed.

Also I have plans to convert some models into Death cult assassins as I want to basically have enough stuff to field a 2000 point army of Draigo/Purifeir/Coteaz wing armies before I'm satisfied my GK army is complete. But for now I want you guys to help me out in making a powerful and balanced 5k list. Also suggestions on how to use certain units. Do I keep a squad of GKs back to protect my IG gun line from CC, my opponent will be using blood angels Space wolves and also some IG himself. Due to the blood angels I think its a good idea to have a few small squads of Strike Squads littered about my lines to deny him deepstrike capabilities but that means I reduce my model count on potential purifier squads which can take more psycannons. Also do I keep my Strike squads back to hinder his deepstriking models or do I deep strike them deep into his own lines?

These are just some of the questions I'm having and want you guys to help me form an idea of how to approach this game with the amazingly powerful GK. I may still have a few points left to boost the GK lines once I've finished the other armies in my apocalypse army but I have set them a firm 5k for now.

Thanks in advance guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

Checkout these guys for razorback weapons.

Vehicle Weapons

Generally you could use your grey knights as garrison for buildings, bunkers and the like. They have reasonably long range firepower and can be dificult to shift with shooting and in assault.

Or you could go mechanised as a strike force.

Or you can take plenty of strike squads and terminators and depstrike to secure enemy deployment zone objectives. This works well if you get second turn as you get to see where all enemy reserves arrive before deciding which objectives you can tip, which are safe and which you should avoid and just give to the enemy.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cat View Post
    Checkout these guys for razorback weapons.

Vehicle Weapons

Generally you could use your grey knights as garrison for buildings, bunkers and the like. They have reasonably long range firepower and can be dificult to shift with shooting and in assault.

Or you could go mechanised as a strike force.

Or you can take plenty of strike squads and terminators and depstrike to secure enemy deployment zone objectives. This works well if you get second turn as you get to see where all enemy reserves arrive before deciding which objectives you can tip, which are safe and which you should avoid and just give to the enemy.
    Thats the issue I really can't make my mind up about how I want to play these guys! 5k is a decent amount of GKs but I can't have them do everything and I don't have the cash to buy everything. So what do you think I should go for? power armour or Termies? Think a few dreadknights would be good or would Dreadnoughts be better?

By the way thanks for the link, they have some awesome stuff on there!
    Last edited by Farseer Macleod; October 26th, 2011 at 00:30.

+ Reply to Thread