<2000 1500 semi mech list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 semi mech list

HQ
    Company Command Squad:
    Major Silva + 4 Veterans
    Vox-caster
    3 Snipers

Elites
    Storm Trooper Squad:
    4 Troopers + Sergeant
    2 Meltaguns

Troops
    Infantry Platoon The Wardogs:
    1 Platoon Commander + 4 Guardsmen
    Vox-caster
    Infantry Squad:
    9 Guardsman+Sergeant
    Vox-caster
    Autocannon
    Infantry Squad:
    9 Guardsman+Sergeant
    Vox-caster
    Autocannon
    Infantry Squad:
    9 Guardsman+Sergeant
    Vox-caster
    Missile launcher
    Infantry Squad:
    9 Guardsman+Sergeant
    Vox-caster
    Special Weapons Squad:
    6 Guardsmen
    3 Flamers

This squad rides in the vendetta

Veteran Squad:
    9 vets + Sergeant
    2 meltaguns
    Flamer
    Dedicated Transport:
    Chimera
    Veteran Squad:
    9 vets + Sergeant
    2 meltaguns
    Flamer
    Dedicated Transport:
    Chimera
    Heavy Flamer
    The idea of the vets is to be able to punch holes in enemy lines be it infantry or armour and move on without having nothing to do hence the mixed outfit of flamers and meltas whilst the platoon sits on objectives and acts as a firebase
    Fast Attack
    Vendetta
    Heavy Support
    Leman Russ Demolisher
    Manticore
    Leman Russ Executioner
    Sponson Plasma Cannons

Any comments and suggestions for army list load out and ways of deploying welcomed

Last edited by ryuzaki13; November 11th, 2011 at 01:02.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Hey buddy, posting individual costs on this website is a Copyright issue with GW. Other than that, I'm only sober enough to say that snippers don't usually do well in CCS. MMM, might wanna take care of the points man, before someone gets antsy.

I am that i am not.
    "You sick tentacle fetishist puppy." - Ironweevil

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

The first thing you should do is max out your special weapons. There's no reason not to take /something/, even if it's just a grenade launcher. They are very cost effective and give you a massive boost in firepower.

The melta veterans shouldn't be taking flamers. It's a waste of their BS 4 and it splits their role. If they have 3 meltaguns the unit is more reliable and more powerful. If you spread your squads across several roles they become masters of none. Leave the anti-horde to your Chimera's heavy flamer and blast templates. If you're really worried about it add a heavy flamer to the turret in place of the multilaster. The turret mounting can be handy if your tank is in a tight spot or immobilised.

Sniper rifles perform very badly. Consider the effect of those three. Two will hit, one will wound, that means a 50% chance to kill an enemy with a cover save. Rubbish. Take 3x GLs and a company banner to keep your men's willpower strong.
    Grenade launchers are a great multi-role weapon. They wound most enemies on a 2+, can take a crack at vehicles and even do blast damage to make a mess of closely grouped infantry.

Vox casters don't get good value for money unless you blob your squads. Orders are a big force-multiplier for 30 guardsmen so I'd probably fork out the points at that stage. In your list they take a special weapon away from the command squad and don't add much value.

Don't bother taking missile launchers with guardsmen. BS3 makes them pretty inaccurate. The 2x shots from an autocannon will serve you much better vs light vehicles due to the redundant shots.

The special weapons squad with 3 flamers in a vendetta is a good combo. It makes the vendetta scoring for 55 points and can always burn something pretty nicely.

I'd advise against sponsons on the Executioner. Yeah it adds a bit to the firepower but what happens if/when it gets stunned? So many points in one basket is always a bad idea.
    Use the points to upgrade your line infantry with the special weapons and stuff I suggested and you'll end up with more firepower. That firepower will also be spread across many points of failure rather than everything compressed into one.

Overall I think you should play the list a few times and see what works and what doesn't. You will probably benefit if you added some outflanking elements like scout sentinels and/or upgrading your Stormtroopers with a Chimera. The ability to hit your enemy in the flanks is so important in 40k when there's objectives and artillery in the backfield as well as tanks having weak armour on the sides and especially the rear. 9 multilasers shooting the back of a shooty dreadnaught is fun times.
    Last edited by Korona; November 11th, 2011 at 04:12.
    Copy, Improve, Innovate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a new revised list

612th Valkyrian Rifles
    HQ
    Company Command Squad:
    Major Silva + 4 Veterans
    Vox-caster
    Grenade Launcher

Elites
    Storm Trooper Squad:
    4 Troopers + Sergeant
    2 Meltaguns

Troops
    Vox-caster

Infantry Squad:
    9 Guardsman+Sergeant
    Vox-caster
    Autocannon

Infantry Squad:
    9 Guardsman+Sergeant
    Vox-caster
    Autocannon

Infantry Squad:
    9 Guardsman+Sergeant
    Vox-caster

Infantry Squad:
    9 Guardsman+Sergeant
    Vox-caster

Special Weapons Squad:
    6 Guardsmen
    3 Flamers

Special Weapons Squad:
    6 Guardsmen
    3 Flamers
    Dedicated Transport:
    Chimera
    Heavy Flamer

Veteran Squad:
    9 vets + Sergeant
    3 meltaguns
    Dedicated Transport:
    Chimera
    Heavy Flamer

Fast Attack
    Vendetta

3 Sentinels

Heavy Support
    Leman Russ Demolisher

Manticore

Leman Russ Executioner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this list made on some sort of special program? It looks like a bunch of random letters to me. Maybe it's because I'm viewing it on my phone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at the revised list, I think all the inf squads need Autocannons. I usually take 4 Flamers in PCS, but you've already got it in a special weapons squad. Maybe take them both so you can take out 2 big groups. Get rid of one of the special weapons squads and give the PCS a chimera, at least that's what I'd do. Other than that looks pretty similar to a list I run

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Excepting stormtroopers, you don't need to tell us squad size. They're all standardized.

Two major concerns:

1. There's no redundancy. You have very few large guns and only one Chimelta. In the Guard, you need to bring at least two of any unit you deem valuable or important. Anything we have that isn't fragile, isn't accurate.

2. Footslogging, non-blob infantry squads are ineffective. They have neither durability nor mobility. Why do two of them have no weapon upgrades at all? Massed lasgun fire should never be your "Plan A".

I get the feeling that you're trying to make a list to fit some very specific fluff. On the assumption that a vox-net and lots of small infantry squads are important to that, you might change the list to have Creed and five dismounted squads of veterans with voxes. I won't say it's the best 1500 army but it's fun enough and, with luck, can hold its own on the tabletop. It's one of the lists from my Creed-playing days. Just back them up with big guns and hope you don't get a multiple-objective mission.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Ok, let’s have a looskie at your list. First off I’m going to say that you have a fairly ok but not great list for 1500pts, but we can do so much better. I am going to start by saying that IMHO Vox-casters are completely useless. For the 2 orders your Company CO will give you’ve spent 30pts for the vox network to give them +2 ld basically, and that’s only useful if you can actually give orders each turn. But that’s just me, my Orders rolls pass 90% of the time. OK, onto the list!

612th Valkyrian Rifles
    HQ
    Company Command Squad:
    Major Silva + 4 Veterans
    Vox-caster
    Grenade Launcher
    -A Company Command Squad has Veterans, so don’t waste their BS4. Most IG players actually run their CCS with their Infantry Platoon to maximise orders, but the aim of these guys is run as a cheap Special Weapons Squad that gives orders. As above, drop the Vox and grab 4 Grenade Launchers and drop 4 str3 pie plates or str6 ap4 Krak 'nades on enemies trying to get to your Infantry Squads. Plasma is also viable here for Terminator and MC hunting if you face Sphess Mehreens alot.

Elites
    Storm Trooper Squad:
    4 Troopers + Sergeant
    2 Meltaguns
    -I’ve just dropped this exact squad for more infantry squads, but they do have their uses. Storm Troopers can be kept in reserve and get to re-roll their scatter dice when deep striking, or infiltrated for lots of carnage. The two meltas make them an instant threat wherever you place them, so expect them to take down a Tank or MC on the turn they drop in/get in range, then be killed by your now angry opponent. They can generally make their points back after a single round of shooting though, so a good choice for keeping your opponent on his toes.

Troops
    Vox-caster
    -As someone above said, drop your Special Weapons Squad and give the 4 Guardsmen here 4 Flamers and the Chimera, drop the vox cause this squad won’t need any orders due to how flamers work. Now use them as an objective taker/mobile pillbox. You save points as you HAVE to take the Infantry Command Squad and get an extra Flamer. Trust me on this, your opponents will ignore them and then be mortified as you drop 4 flame templates on their men. I have used this to great effect against EVERYTHING from Ork Nobz to Nid Gaunts to TERMINATORS. Add in the firepower of the Chimera and this is a nasty unit for just over 100pts.

Infantry Squad:
    9 Guardsman+Sergeant
    Vox-caster
    Autocannon
    -Drop the Vox and take a Grenade Launcher instead, it adds to the synergy of the Autocannon. Guard are all about taking Special and Heavy Weapons, massed lasgun fire is saved for those enemies of the Emperor that are stupid enough to get close. Lol.

Infantry Squad:
    9 Guardsman+Sergeant
    Vox-caster
    Autocannon
    -Drop the Vox and take a Grenade Launcher instead, it adds to the synergy of the Autocannon. Guard are all about taking Special and Heavy Weapons, massed lasgun fire is saved for those enemies of the Emperor that are stupid enough to get close. Lol.

Infantry Squad:
    9 Guardsman+Sergeant
    Vox-caster
    -Drop the Vox and take a Grenade Launcher and Autocannon as above. Guard are all about taking Special and Heavy Weapons, massed lasgun fire is saved for those enemies of the Emperor that are stupid enough to get close. Lol.

Infantry Squad:
    9 Guardsman+Sergeant
    Vox-caster
    -Drop the Vox and take a Grenade Launcher and Autocannon as above. Guard are all about taking Special and Heavy Weapons, massed lasgun fire is saved for those enemies of the Emperor that are stupid enough to get close. Lol.

Special Weapons Squad:
    6 Guardsmen
    3 Flamers
    -This squad is a bit weird now with the ICS having the flamers. Unless you are going up against Nids or Orks, you don’t need this many flamers grouped together in a very squishy unit. You could use the points saved by taking the ICS Flamer/Chimera and make this squad another full infantry squad with GL/Autocannon, or you could give them GL/Meltas/Plasma ( ! ) for some dedicated fire support. Remember that the CCS now has 4 GLs/plasmaguns and will be riding shotgun with your Infantry Platoon and lending its firepower. The choice is yours at the end of the day, it’s your list.

Special Weapons Squad:
    6 Guardsmen
    3 Flamers
    Dedicated Transport:
    Chimera
    Heavy Flamer
    -This squad is removed and replaced by the ICS as above.

Veteran Squad:
    9 vets + Sergeant
    3 meltaguns
    Dedicated Transport:
    Chimera
    Heavy Flamer
    -I approve of this unit, Chimelta vets are great for causing mass panic and chaos with their great anti-tank/anti-MC firepower. Don’t forget that these guys are troops and can take and hold objectives.

Fast Attack
    Vendetta
    -Another great unit, you can give it to the Storm Troopers for great effect. A tip with the Vendetta, ALWAYS move it. It makes it hard for your opponent to shoot it, and if it is zipping around the battlefield it has a GIANT SHOOT ME SIGN on it. Don’t forget it has AV12 Front and Sides, so if your opponent is shooting at it, he’s doing it with his bigger guns and not at your tanks, sentinels or Guardsmen, which is where your real firepower and threat lies.

3 Sentinels
    -Are these bog standard Scout Sentinels with Multilasers? If so, either outflank them or run them right up the center and into your opponents face. So many people mistake Sentinels for a real threat, when they aren’t. They are a big scary distraction, but they CAN do some serious damage if left unopposed. I run mine with Autocannon and use them for popping transports and targets of opportunity, but with multilasers they become primarily anti-infantry with the ability to go after light transports as well. For a 35pt each unit, they can sure take a lot of attention and therefore firepower. Great fun to use!

Heavy Support
    Leman Russ Demolisher
    -Get this up front, ALWAYS move it to make it hard for enemy troops to assault it, and wreak havoc and destruction. Give it a Hull Heavy Bolter. Good Choice.

Manticore
    -This is a cool unit and needs to be used more often. Lots of pie plates, insta-kills just about everything. Keep it in a corner and leave it there as your army moves up. Don’t give it any support, its artillery and by the time your opponent can get anything close to it to kill it, it should just about be out of ammo. I like it!

Leman Russ Executioner
    -I don’t really see the point of this tank, with its heavy3 str7 ap2 shots. Its expensive and you’ve got a lot of autocannon for killing infantry. Take a standard Russ instead, it’s cheaper and it’ll do more damage over a game. Use the spare points to take an extra Sentinel and split them into 2 squadrons of 2 Sentinels each.

There we go, a few small changes to your list and you’ve got a very nasty combined arms Guard list! This list has just about everything, and it should be able to take on ANYTHING. Just remember to keep your big scary units out front and attention seeking and let your special and heavy weapons do the work.

Let us know how it goes if you run these changes, eh? Good Luck and Good Hunting!
    Father Mulcahy: Just as the Lord said to Noah, "Everything in pairs."
    Pierce Hawkeye: Of course the Lord was holding three aces at the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing, why does everyone keep telling me to drop the voxes? They're only 5 points and don't reduce the number of special weps I can take, plus orders are great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Jakeman View Post
    Special Weapons Squad:
    6 Guardsmen
    3 Flamers
    -This squad is a bit weird now with the ICS having the flamers. Unless you are going up against Nids or Orks, you don’t need this many flamers grouped together in a very squishy unit. You could use the points saved by taking the ICS Flamer/Chimera and make this squad another full infantry squad with GL/Autocannon, or you could give them GL/Meltas/Plasma ( ! ) for some dedicated fire support. Remember that the CCS now has 4 GLs/plasmaguns and will be riding shotgun with your Infantry Platoon and lending its firepower. The choice is yours at the end of the day, it’s your list.
    Thanks for the tips, 1st up the idea of the flamers is to sit them in the vendetta and drop them in, has mostly worked.
    Also you'd be surprised how much damage an executioner can dish out. 12 firewarriors reduced down to 1 guy. This thing has turned the tide of so many games for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast