<2000 I'M BACK! 1750 Competitive list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

I'M BACK! 1750 Competitive list

After a couple of year absense I am getting back into 40k. I have played the odd game with my new 'Knights 'Dex, but haven't used all the units and haven't gone to a tourney since I won a Vegas qualifier with my Mech Guard list 20 months ago.

I want to play my knights without vehicles, all deep striking. It's not that I have anything against vehicles, but that is what my guard do sooooo well.

I would like some good critisizm of my list with regards to winnability.

Here she goes:

HQ: Brother Captain with Psycannon and Mastercrafted Sword. 195pts. (Need him for Deep striking)

Troops: Use Combat Squads to split up when applicable.
    Termies
    x 2 squads.
    10 x Termies, 2 Psycannons. 450pts x 2.

Grey Knights x 2 squads.
    10 x Knights, 2 Psycannons, Psybolt Ammunition. 240pts x 2.

Heavy Support:
    Nemesis Dreadknight, Gatling Psilencer, Deamon Hammer (debating about taking the Heavy incinerator instead of the Psilencer....)

175pts.

Total: 1750pts.

"A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Master of secret stuff HappyJim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a big fan of the dreadknight myself (would it not be better with a greatsword?), why use a captain over a grandmaster? grand stratergy is amazing abilty to have, make the dread knight scoring, give you termies counter attack, psycannons are two expensive on characters.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

Brother captains really are quite a waste of points. You'd be better off taking a librarian.

On the Dreadknight, drop the psilencer, swap it for an incinerator, and swap out the hammer for a Sword (or drop the CCW alltogether. It's already getting 2d6 penetration)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

146 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by cKerensky View Post
    Brother captains really are quite a waste of points. You'd be better off taking a librarian.

On the Dreadknight, drop the psilencer, swap it for an incinerator, and swap out the hammer for a Sword (or drop the CCW alltogether. It's already getting 2d6 penetration)
    I'd say to either go for a Grand Master and take some of those fun grenades they can take or Librarian to nullify some psychic spells. Also I have to agree with HappyJim, psycannons are WAY too expensive on ICs and to use those points left over (After changing your HQ) to give your Strike Squads a Hammer or two. I don't like leaving my squads unable to combat Dreadnoughts or MCs reliably but thats just me. Also by casting HammerHand your Hammers will be striking at S10, who doesnt want a S10 Thunder Hammer?

6. ThanksDiggums Hammer thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cKerensky View Post
    GM add more tactical options to the list, be it making D3 units scoring, D3 units scouting, both very powerful abilities, while might of titans is good is it really needed with S10 daemon hamers?

Having transport would also play to the GM's strengths more, if he deep strikes then you have no control over your reserve rolls, he really needs one to keep him alive for the first few turns.

8. ThanksDiggums Hammer thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

Good advice from all. I like the idea of the GM instead of the BC, so have changed it. I need to take a GM or a BC instead of a Librarian for the Pychic Communion which is a must for an all Deepstriking list. I have dropped the Dreadknight converted on squad of Termies to regular Knight squad and added an Interceptor squad and a Callidus. I have added the Callidus because I have a hard time with embedded Plasma Cannon/Loota squads etc. I hope to get here in before or at the same time as every one else.

HQ: Grand Master [I]175pts. (Need him for Deep striking)

Elites: Callidus Assassin 145pts. (to kill embedded bastards with nasty guns)

Troops: Use Combat Squads to split up when applicable.
    Termies

10 x Termies, 2 Psycannons, 2 Hammers . 450pts x 2.

Grey Knights x 3 squads.
    10 x Knights, 2 Psycannons, 220pts x 2.

Fast Attack
    Interceptors Squad (10 Man), 2 x Psycannons, 4 x Hammers (These guys mostly for tank busting, can split also)
    320pts.

Total: 1750pts.
    Last edited by Diggums Hammer; November 13th, 2011 at 16:23.
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't need the assassin, if you want to kill embedded units with guns just outflank with the interceptors

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJim View Post
    GM add more tactical options to the list, be it making D3 units scoring, D3 units scouting, both very powerful abilities, while might of titans is good is it really needed with S10 daemon hamers?

Having transport would also play to the GM's strengths more, if he deep strikes then you have no control over your reserve rolls, he really needs one to keep him alive for the first few turns.
    To be totally honest, I'd still rather the Librarian. Psycic hoods are incredibly useful. d3 Scoring units is nice, but his new, modified list traded an NDK for interceptors.

The problem with interceptors in the role you described, is that your enemy will see, and anticipate that, from a mile away, NDKs don't care if you see them coming. They come anyway, and bring a trainload of hurt with them.

If you're going to take a assassin, IMHO, the only one worth taking is a vindicare. They're simply badass.

+ Reply to Thread