<1000 1000 pts Infantry Guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

39 (x1)

1000 pts Infantry Guard

Like the title says, 1000pts, and my self-imposed challenge is to do it with no mechanisation. Deep striking and infiltrating are fine, but no Chimeras, no Valks/Vendettas. Likely opponents are mainly Marines, possibly some Eldar.

Company Command Squad:
    -Regimental Standard, Mortar, Officer of the Fleet

Infantry Platoon:
    -PCS with 3x Flamer
    -3 squads with Grenade Launchers and Autocannons
    -Heavy Weapon Squad with 3x Missile Launcher

Infantry Platoon:
    -PCS with 3x Flamer
    -3 squads with Grenade Launchers and Autocannons
    -Heavy Weapon Squad with 3x Lascannon

Veteran Squad:
    -Gunnery Sergeant Harker, 3x Meltas

Leman Russ MBT:
    -Hull Heavy Bolters, Sponson Heavy Bolters

I keep thinking I should drop the vets for another Russ (maybe a Demolisher), but OTOH I want to keep their anti-tank capability. Maybe lose the HWS?

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

7 (x1)

There are a few things in here that should be changed.

Get rid of all that and take 4 plasma guns. Reg standard is a waste, as well as officer of the fleet. Sometimes delaying reserves can even benefit the team. I know sometimes I wish my Marbo should come in 1 turn later. For the mortar, 3 can't do anything, and 1? Maybe it will kill 1 ork if your lucky.

the platoons:
    I would try take a forth flamer if you can find the points. The infantry are perfect. It's a bit of a horde army, and the only problem might be fitting them in a case.
    The heavy weapons teams aren't that good. Even with orders lascannons will fail. Meltas are better anti tank.

The vet squad:
    Looks pretty good. Although it's probably going to die when they emerge from cover. But... If the opponent deploys a lone tank away from the rest of the army.... It's gone

The leman Russ:
    An essential in every guard army. The only thing is, it's the only vehicle, so unless parked in cover it's gone. I would even get camo cloaks for it. All your opponents anti tank will be firing at it. It's going to die first turn prob.

I would get rid of heavy weapons and get a demolisher. I like Demolishers

+ Reply to Thread