<2000 blood angels tournament help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

blood angels tournament help

hello everybody. i have a tournament coming up in February and i'd like to know what you think of my list.

HQ:
    reclusiarch: hand flamer, jump pack

librarian: jump pack, unleash rage, blood lance

Elite:
    furioso dread: extra armor, heavy flamer, magna grapples, dreadnought drop pod

assault terminators(5): 2 SS/TH, 3 LC

sanguinary priest(3): 2X jump pack, 1 terminator armor

troop:
    assault squad(10 ): power fist, 2X flamer

assault squad(10 ): power fist, 2X melta, melta bomb

2x tac squad(10 ): lascannon, melta gun

heavy:
    stormraven: TL-lascannon, TL-multi melta, extra armor

total: 2000

basic start up is chaplain goes with the flamer squad, librarian goes with melta squad and the termies are in the stormraven. i have also thought of getting rid of the melta bomb, and switching one of the meltas in the tac squad into a flamer and give the sargent in the flamer assault squad a hand flamer. but i'm not sure if that's a great idea.

Never give up. Never give up. HIT, HIT, HIT, HIT!

Semper Paratus

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Overall a good list. The only real issue I see is that the Storm Raven is too fragile for a vehicle-light list. Even with the Turn 1 threat from the Furioso, it's pretty obvious where the real damage is going to come from and not difficult to shoot it down. Trade it in for a Land Raider; the additional armor will be essential for surviving long enough to deliver the Terminators.

I'm not sure about the footslogging Tactical Squads. The lascannons are fine but the meltaguns aren't going to see any real use, and they need power weapons/fists more than special weapons if they'll be fending for themselves. Removing their meltaguns and the Furioso's heavy flamer will provide the needed points. (They can have flamers if there's anything left in the budget.)
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

i was thinking the same thing. problem is i've already built and halfway painted the storm raven and considering my scheme is orange and white it takes awhile to paint models lol i was thinking of two ways to mitigate the storm raven from being blown to bits too early. i can deep strike it or i can keep it in reserves and move it flat out on turn one.
    Never give up. Never give up. HIT, HIT, HIT, HIT!

Semper Paratus

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

i can deep strike it or i can keep it in reserves and move it flat out on turn one.
    Or you can use it as a dedicated gunship, maybe with a cheap scoring unit inside. Keep the pressure on your opponent with Drop Pods and other fast units and its survivability should become reasonable.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

+ Reply to Thread