<2000 2K Draigowing First Try Need Thoughts & Ideas - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2K Draigowing First Try Need Thoughts & Ideas

Hello everyone!!! So I have been away from 40K for a few years and have just recently purchased the new grey knight codex along with the new rule book and would like to play a fluffy Draigowing for fun. Having not payed since 3rd edition could you please read over my list and help me edit it to be playable yet hopefully stay with in the fluff areas. Any thoughts and criticism is much valued and appreciated. So heres the list cheers!!!

Lord Kaldor Deaigo =275 Pt's

Paladin Squad
    -5 Paladins
    -Apothecary
    -Brotherhood Banner
    =375 Pt's

Paladin Squad
    -5 Paladins
    -Apothecary
    -Brotherhood Banner
    =375 Pt's

2 Stormraven Gunship =410 Pt's

Interceptor Squad
    1 Justicar 9 Grey Knights
    -2 Psycannons
    -Psybolt Ammunition
    =300 Pt's

Nemesis Dreadknight
    -Gatling Psilencer
    -Nemesis Greatsword
    -Personal Teleported
    =265 Pt's

Total army =2000 Pt's

So there it is. The plan is to stick one paladin squad with Draigo in a Stormraven and the other in the other Stromraven. I would try to get the Dreadknight to infiltrate on the enemy and open up with the psilancer befroe unleashing hell in CC. The interceptor squad would move to duke it out with medium range fire as well as late game objective taking or contesting with there jump move. The two Stormravens would hopefully deepstrike together and drop off the paladins to form a nice 13 man unit of death and carnage.

So that's my list my thoughts on tactics and ideas.

Please let me know what you think aswell as what works well for paladins and weapon combos(swords, halberds, hammers, twin swords in squads). Hope you have a great day thank you so much for your help and ideas.

Zech

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Fine

Troops: Not enough. Ditch the medics and banners as they are not worth it on a 5 man squad. It should allow you to add some GKSS to teleport or objective sit and lend fire support. You can also merge the paladins then as you would still have 2 troop choices. You then roll the D3 for strategy and apply the results then combat squad the paladins again getting the benefit on more units.

Fast: Good. Add a hammer to the justicar.

Heavy: OK I prefer the incinerator to the psylencer. A cheaper version is incinerator and psylencer with no sword or teleporter. This could get you a full 10 man 2 psycannon, hammer and psybolt GKSS unit and an extra HQ such as a cheap =][= with rad grenades.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

+ Reply to Thread