<2000 1750 Blood Angel Razorspam Tournie Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

1750 Blood Angel Razorspam Tournie Army

HQ
    Librarian Shield of Sanguineous Fear of The Darkness ***

Troops
    5 Assault Marines Remove Jump Packs 100
    Razorback Lascannon Twin Linked Plasmaguns Dozer Blade Hunter Killer Missile 70

Razorback Lascannon Twin Linked Plasmaguns Dozer Blade Hunter Killer Missile 70

Razorback Twin Linked Assault Cannon Dozer Blade 60

Razorback Twin Linked Lascannon Dozer Blade Hunter Killer Missile 70

Razorback Twin Linked Lascannon Dozer Blade Hunter Killer Missile 70

Fast Attack
    2 Land Speeder Typhoons 180

2 Land Speeder Typhoons 180

Heavy Support
    Vindicator Dozer Blade 150

Simply enough I am tring to make the absolute MOST competitive army that I possibly can whilst sticking to the Razor-spam theme. I already have many of the models in this list but am not afraid to buy more and am not a firm believer at all in the efficiency of a Baal Predator as compared to other Fast Attack choices such as Land Speeders.

Anyways, the lists that seem to be the most fearsome in my area are:
    - Ork horde including 120 Boyz, Ghazkhull and 2-3 units of Lootas
    - Ork mechanized list featuring a number of Trukk units and 2 Battlewagons with the customary Big Meks and a few Lootas
    - Mechanized Guard army featuring 2 mechanized Infantry Platoons, 3 Scout Sentinels 2 Demolishers a Manticore and 2 units of Veterans in Vendettas
    - Mechanized Dark Eldar built around 2-3 Warrior squads in Raiders, 2 Wych units in Raiders, some Incubi and 3 Ravagers
    - Black Templar Drop Pod army spamming 3 Terminator squads with tank hunting Assault Cannons

So as you can see, I need the ability to literally handle ANYTHING that comes at me.

Last edited by Mr. Biscuits; December 6th, 2011 at 22:40. Reason: Updated list
    Ask me about the Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you'r not afraid to buy other stuff, I would say, get yourself 3 baal predators. I've seen them work quite a lot of times in this kind of list.
    Give them assault cannons and heavy bolters, and get rid of the speeders and bikes. They die too quickly, and S8 hit will pulverize them.

And take Mephiston instead of a normal libby. In a army like your's there's plenty of room to hide him, and he will kill a lot of squads between 5 and 10 man in size. Yes, he might eat a lot of bullets, but that means your tanks won't get shot.
    You will probably have to drop one of the 5 troops to do this.

Hope it helps

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

I have a pair of Baals and like I said earlier, they do not seem to work very well for me as I tend to use a defensive type of Razor-spam list while the Baal Predator prefers an offensive play style. The normal Libby I keep around for the 5+ cover save power which is EXTREMELY useful to my many armoured units.

Anyways I've made a few changes from the origional list namely upgrading some Razorback weapon systems, dropping the Attack Bikes and swapping out my Predator for a third Vindicator. Changes are all above.
    Ask me about the Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i run a similar list, but i so use Balls, a pair of them to outflank. no sponsons, just TL assault cannons to side armour. never let me down personally but i dont play orks nearly as much as you seem to.

+ Reply to Thread