<2000 DKOK 2000 pt help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DKOK 2000 pt help

HQ
    Company Command Squad - Autocannon, Master of Ordnance/Officer of the Fleet/vox = 105pts
    Quartermaster - /60pts
    Elite
    3 x Heavy Mortar Battery (1) = 150
    Troop
    Platoon Command Squad - 2x Meltagun, vox = 65pts
    2 x Infantry Squad - Powerfist, Meltagun = 170
    Infantry Squad – 2 x Powerfist, Meltagun, commissar, vox = 140

Platoon Command Squad - 2x grenade – vox = 55pts
    2 x Infantry Squad – grenade – vox =140
    2 x Heavy Weapon Squad - Autocannons= 160

Engineer Squad (10) - Demo Charge, Gas grenades, Hades Breaching Drill/ = 200pts
    FA
    3 x Devildog - Multi-melta/135pts = 405
    Heavy
    3 x Medusa Siege Gun – ammo -= 315
    3 x Trojan - free

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

I love the Krieg list, it's so evocative.

I'd make some tweaks to optimise a few things, and also a big change at the end.

Firstly, a note of warning - is the commissar in the 3rd inf squad for the extra powerfist or to make a stubborn blob squad?
    IMO blob squads are a bad idea for the Krieg army for two reasons:
    #1 Krieg soldiers are already basically stubborn (Die Hards). This means the commissar is probably a waste of points.
    #2 It's very easy to lock a blob squad in combat. You do want that to some extent but keeping your units separate lets you get the +1 attack on the charge and also gives you flexibility to counter-assault different units. Maybe bypassing combat powerhouses.
    If he's just for an extra powerfist, well just give it to the PCS and save the points on the Commissar.

With the CCS defiantly give them a vox if you're going to use a vox network. The Coy Commander's orders are great so no point skimping on their vox. Cut it from a different squad to give it to them if you're struggling with points.
    The CCS with the master of ordinance is okay but I think the CCS is better geared up to lead from the front (well, behind a human shield). I'd drop the MoO and replace him with a Company Banner and a Power Fist.
    The Company banner does the job the commissar would do, but without executing power-fists to do it.
    A power fist on your company commander is just really nice because he has 3 attacks base rather than 2 like the junior officers.
    The CCS is a really nice force-multiplier for close combat troops. Die Hards near a banner is near-impossible to break and they can also give the melta-gun PCS some orders to keep their aim true.

With the 2nd platoon are you thinking that you can combine the the inf squads with a heavy weapons team? I'd endorse that move. Orders for the HWS would be a reason to keep the CCS back. Personally I ran a list like this and cut the quartermaster in favour of a cheap 2nd CCS just to give the HWS "bring it down" orders. I had a third team with lascannons though, which benefit from being twin-linked more than the autocannons.

I'd give melta bombs to the engineer's watchmaster. If the Hades can stun/immobilise a vehicle then auto-hitting melta bombs next turn are pretty awesome.

Anyway these are just small tweaks. The big one would be to cut the devil dogs. You already have 3x ST10 ordinance cannons. The melta blast weapons don't add all that much and tie up about 25% of your total points.

I'd get some cyclops demo charges because they're great fun. Maybe take a hellhound with a hull multi melta and then get some death riders.

The hellhound gives you some nice anti-horde ability and the hull multi-melta can still give you a passing chance to pop a tough tank.

The death riders are to go in reserve and they give a really potent counter-charge ability if the enemy is CC heavy.

As soon as they cross the centreline of the board they're in the death-rider's threat zone. I use some epic tanks as cyclopses. They really scare your opponent and AFAIK can be detonated when enemy units are locked in combat which is a really filthy tactic.
    They're great for controlling your opponent's movement and can often do a lot of damage. Always hitting for ST8 is great for popping vehicles in their side/rear armour.
    Copy, Improve, Innovate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the review, i was using the commisar for the extra power fist, and the 2nd plt will be combined to give the heavy weapons teams a vox, also the way i planed was to have all my tanks in a line giving a blob squad cover saves as all move forward with art and autocannons giving cover fire. and keeping the drill team in reserve of course. im sure when i eventualy get the pieces ill be able to tweek more on it but itll be a bit considering the cost of forgeworld is crazy. any who thanks again for the review.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

The wall-o-tanks to give mobile cover can work but I'd use something cheaper (trojans/centaurs) or tougher (Russes).

I've got a Krieg army too, it IS very expensive but there are a lot of ways to keep costs down. You're not tempted to try the Gorgon trick?
    Gorgon Transport: Separating Death Korps Of Krieg Troops
    IMO it's the only way to affordably get a Krieg army on the table. That's the way I approached it anyway, then added "real" squads slowly over a longer period.
    There used to be the trenchworks set where you got 3x heavy weapons for about £11 (2x TL HStubbers and 1x Autocannon) which I used for my HWS. That's not really viable any more but you could still get the "infantry squad firing" set and use them as crew for stock autocannons/lascannons (you can get them cheap on ebay). That's a whole lot cheaper than using the Krieg versions at £17 a pop.
    Copy, Improve, Innovate

+ Reply to Thread