<2000 [1750] Dark Angels - Deathwing - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x1)

[1750] Dark Angels - Deathwing

1750 Pts - Dark Angels Roster - Deathwing

HQ:
    . . 1 Belial, Master of the Deathwing, 130 pts (Lightning Claws (pair))
    . . 1 Interrogator-Chaplain in Terminator Armour, 150 pts (Combi-Plasmagun)

Elite:
    . . 1 Venerable Dreadnought, 175 pts (Twin-Linked Lascannon; Missile Launcher;

Venerable)

Troops:
    . . 4 Upgraded Deathwing Terminator Squad, 285 pts (Power Fist x1; Storm Bolter x2;

Chain Fist x2; Lightning Claws (pair) x1; Heavy Flamer; Apothecary; Standard Bearer)
    . . . . 1 Sergeant (Power Sword; Storm Bolter)
    . . 4 Deathwing Terminator Squad, 250 pts (Power Fist x2; Storm Bolter x2; Chain

Fist x1; Lightning Claws (pair) x1; Assault Cannon)
    . . 4 Deathwing Terminator Squad, 250 pts (Power Fist x2; Storm Bolter x2; Chain

Fist x1; Lightning Claws (pair) x1; Assault Cannon)

Heavy Support:
    . . 1 Land Raider, 255 pts (Pintle-mounted Storm Bolter)
    . . 1 Land Raider Crusader, 255 pts (Pintle-mounted Storm Bolter)

Total Roster Cost: 1750

This is my list using the models I own so not particularly looking for advice on what to change outside of what is actually available to me.
    Extra models I own include:

1 Dreadnought
    1 terminator w/heavy flamer
    1 terminator w/powerfist & stormbolter
    1 chainfist that's interchangeable with any of my models

Any thoughts on the unit set ups? I set them up so there's 5 diff sets of models for wound allocation. Meaning each terminator is unique in it's unit.
    What would the weaknesses of this list be as you would forsee it in a 1750 pt tourney setting. Which armies should I plan extra careful for?

1. Tyranids - 15,000 pts
    2. Chaos Space Marines - 7,100 pts
    3. Space Marines - 6,000 pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be very careful against the blood angels, particularly their furioso dreadnoughts and vindicators, they WILL eat through your low model count as if they weren't even there.
    A most devastating tactic is using magnagrapples to drag you close, then meltagunning your vehicles, followed by an assault on your terminators, with only a 5+ inv to save you from those close combat weapons and the cannons on the vindicators, you will encounter problems if you don't destroy them before they get into effective range.

But the generic advice is beware those with weapons that go through your armour, as your low model count means any mistakes means that your opponent can destroy you, so make sure you try and keep those terminators safe.

But from this list, i can't see anything very wrong with it, I suggest you try some battles and get familiar with it, see where it does well, and get an eye for what to do when.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

The list is great for the models that you have. I am not goign to sugar coat it either, but the lack of TH/SS in the list does make you more vulnerable. Also if you could get ahold of one Cyclone Missile Launcher that would be nice. It is more effective at taking out a multitude of targets from light armor vehicle, mass troop(guard, necron warriors, etc), low save models like terminators to force invuls, or even engaging heavy tanks out of need. It would also free up points to throw in that last chainfist you have just to have it.

I think that the arrangment of one unit in particular needs a little modifying I think.

The Chaplain needs to be in a unit with more lightning claws to maximize his ability. His unit should look like this:

Serg w/PW and storm bolter, 3xLC, 1xHeavy Flamer(or assault cannon the weapon does not matter as much really)

He is well suited to have 3 of them in his unit because you are going to be looking to charge into combat. His unit with 3 LC Terms will get you 12 attacks re-roll to hit/re-roll to wound. That is very scary for any unit you run into. I have had lots of luck running a Chap in the Land Raider Crusaider (dont know if that was your original plan or not)

From experience in my gaming Group you could have problems with Necrons. Reason being they shell out ALOT of shots, so you will be tossing many dice. Anytime you start doing that with a low model count you can see you units be thinned out. However get in close and they cant really handle you.

BA are another one that will be hard for the same reasons that Revantha Kottegoda said. I play a friend and he will definatly bring 2 vindicators, and lots of fast troops and furioso dreads. You will be outmaneuvered and with the vinds....well if you have ever faced one I dont need to go into detail.

Imperial Guard will not be that much of a challenge if you dictate the game. You have to be very precise with where you strike and stick to you guns. Pick a target and go go go. The key to them is to just get into assault. They will have lots of models on the table and the longer you can stay engaged the less time their tanks can target your units. Chainfists will also be an asset if you have to engage the tanks close up!

Hope that helps, Good luck, and let us know how it works out for you!!!

Kendo's DA's, Eldar, and stuff WIP
    Dark Angels: W-22 D-4 L-5 High Elves W-8 L-1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x1)

Thanks a lot you are def right about the lightning claw thing, and yeah i planned on running the chaplain with belial in the crusader with a unit of termies. I'll switch the units around a bit

I realized I could use the predators I have for my ultramarine army with this which I think would work better to have 2 preds with autocannon/lascannon than it is to have 1 lascannon/heavy bolter land raider.

Anyway this is the redone list

1750 Pts - Dark Angels Roster - Deathwing

HQ:
    . . 1 Belial, Master of the Deathwing, 130 pts (Lightning Claws (pair))
    . . 1 Interrogator-Chaplain in Terminator Armour, 150 pts (Combi-Plasmagun)

Elite:
    . . 1 Venerable Dreadnought, 175 pts (Twin-Linked Lascannon; Missile Launcher; Venerable)

Troops:
    . . 4 Upgraded Deathwing Terminator Squad, 310 pts (Power Fist x2; Storm Bolter x3; Chain Fist x2; Assault Cannon; Apothecary; Standard Bearer)
    . . 4 Deathwing Terminator Squad, 255 pts (Power Fist x2; Storm Bolter x3; Chain Fist x2; Assault Cannon)
    . . 4 Deathwing Terminator Squad, 220 pts (Power Fist x1; Lightning Claws (pair) x3; Heavy Flamer)

Heavy Support:
    . . 1 Predator, 130 pts (Autocannon; Lascannon (each side))
    . . 1 Predator, 130 pts (Autocannon; Lascannon (each side))
    . . 1 Land Raider Crusader, 250 pts

Total Roster Cost: 1750

Tactic = 2 HQ + Assault Termies w/flamer in Crusader, dread & preds on anti transport/vehicle duties. I have 2 fire support terminator squads that can pop transports reliably with the assault cannon or pop open raiders/monoliths/walkers with ease in assault.

I like this list better than the previous one IMO seems to pack a better punch, what do you guys think?
    Last edited by Akaiyou; December 23rd, 2011 at 23:49.
    1. Tyranids - 15,000 pts
    2. Chaos Space Marines - 7,100 pts
    3. Space Marines - 6,000 pts

+ Reply to Thread