<1000 Need help with a 1000 pts escalation league list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    163 (x3)

Need help with a 1000 pts escalation league list

Hey guys,

I am a brand new GKs player and I have started an escalation league at my local gaming shop that will start at 1000 and stop at 2500 over the course of the year and it will increase 250 each session. The goal is to get everything painted and based for the next "tournament." The individual with the best results and fully painted 2500pts army will win next December.

I received a lot of GKs for Christmas and I won some from a local tournament so any thing that you guys can come up with that isn't a henchmen list I can probably field.

Here is my tentative list, but I am completely open to switching it around. I am a fairly good painter so I would really like to have a good chance at winning this thing. The prize at the end for the winner is $300 worth of GW stuff!

HQ
    Crowe XXX
    Ordo Herectus inquisitor with communion power, power armour, 3 servo skulls XX

Troops
    2x10 purifiers with 2 psycannons, 2 incinerators, 4 halberds, 1 Daemon Hammer (both will be combat squaded and the incinerators will deepstrike in) 546
    8 Purifiers with 2 psycannons, 5 halberds, and 1 daemon hammer 230

total 998

I think I need some more long range stuff but I dont want to give up bodies... Any help is appreciated guys. Like I said I have terminators/paladins, dreadnoughts ect...

thanks
    Dan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Crowe is ok but gets better in 1500 point lists where the tax you pay for him is a lower proportion of the total. I would drop the inquisitor because...

Troops: Purifiers cannot deepstrike. This makes footslogging incinerators a bit of a waste so get 4 psycannon in each unit.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    163 (x3)

Thanks for the info man on the deep striking for the purifiers. That definitely throws a large monkey wrench into my plans. So, would you guys recommend a terminator based deep strike list then? Having deep strike capability is definitely need since I will be fighting two IG players (one that wants mech everything, and one that is basing his army around infantry).

Alright, round two.
    Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, rad and psy grendades, psychic communion, 3 servo skulls XX

troops
    2x10 Strike squads w/ psybolts, 2 hammers, 6 halberds, 1 incinerator, 1 psycannon (squads will be combat squaded and incinerator squads will deploy by deep strike)
    1 squad does not have a hammer

Elites
    1x10 purifier squad 2 hammers, 4 halberds, 4 psycannons (will be combat squaded) 303

Exactly 1000 pts

thanks
    Daniel
    Last edited by Furbyballer; December 30th, 2011 at 16:39.

+ Reply to Thread