<3000 2000 points SM tournament. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

2000 points SM tournament.

Hi!

Got a tournament coming up, and I just can't decide which list I should take. So what do you guys think?

List 1
    HQ
    Pedro Kantor

Elite
    Iron Clad Dreadnought in Drop Pod
    Dreadnought with 2x Autocannons
    10 Sternguard - 2x Meltagun, 4x Combi-Melta, 2x Combi-Flamer, 2x Combi-Plasma - Rhino

Troops
    2x 10 Marines - Melta, Combi-Melta, Missile Launcher, Power Fist - Razorback with HB

Fast
    10 Assault Marines - 2x Flamer, Power Fist

Heavy Support
    2x Predator - AC + LC
    5 Devastators - 4 Missile Launchers - Rhino

List 2
    HQ
    Pedro Kantor

Elite
    Iron Clad Dreadnought in Drop Pod
    10 Sternguard - 2x Meltagun, 4x Combi-Melta - Rhino

Troops
    2x 10 Marines - Melta, Combi-Melta, Missile Launcher, Power Fist - Rhino

Fast
    8 Assault Marines - Flamer, Power Fist
    2 Attack Bikes - Multimelta

Heavy Support
    Predator - AC + LC
    Vindicator - Dozer Blade
    5 Devastators - 3 Missile Launchers - Rhino

List 3
    HQ
    Pedro Kantor

Elite
    5 Sternguard - 2x Meltagun, Combi-Melta - Rhino
    5 Sternguard - 2x Meltagun, Combi-Melta - Rhino

Troops
    2x 10 Marines - Melta, Combi-Melta, Missile Launcher, Power Fist - Rhino
    5 Scouts - Combat Knife, Powe Fist, Combi-Melta

Fast
    8 Assault Marines - Flamer, Power Fist
    Land Speeder Storm

Heavy Support
    2x Predator - AC + LC
    Vindicator - Dozer Blade

Regards
    mika

Last edited by mika; January 19th, 2012 at 23:06.
    "One must do violence to the object of one's desire; when it surrenders, the pleasure is greater."

Marquis De Sade

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mika,

I'm more of a fluff-list guy; so take my advice with a grain of salt. But, a few things I'd like to point out:

-The Sternguard: Don't take meltaguns, their special bolters are amazing and you can get by just as well by taking a few extra combi-meltas.

-Speaking of the Sternguard, if you're going to bother taking Pedro, you ought to take at least 2 squads of SG to get some bang out of your buck. (And not just little measly 5 man ones either!)

-Tactical Squads: These guys are more than likely going to be parked on an objective, yes? Is the Meltagun a necessity? I'm rusty on vanilla marine point costs, but that seems to be prime cut material. Take the combi-melta on the sergeant as a contingency, but the ML (free, yes?) and the fist should suit them just fine.

-Your predators as kitted are excellent use of the Heavy Support slot, whatever incarnation you decide upon, keep these.

-I like the attack bike option for your FA slot. Taking a couple of these gives you an effective, expendable "this tank must die right now" card up your sleeve.

-The rifleman dreadnought is fine; but the Ironclads (great in their arena) are best used in concert with other podding units. Having just one unsupported is a free ticket to disappointment town.

So, with these heavily salted tid bits in mind, let's look at that list again:

HQ
    Pedro Kantor

Elites
    10 Sternguard - 6x Combi-Melta - Rhino
    10 Sternguard - 6x Combi-Melta - Rhino

Troops
    2x 10 Marines - Combi-Melta, Missile Launcher, Power Fist - Rhino

Fast Attack

Heavy Support
    2x Predator - AC + LC
    Vindicator

Total: 1995? (I'm realllllly rusty on my points costs here, but I'm 90% sure that's correct. So assuming my math isn't too shoddy I even left you five points for another combi-melta on your SG!)

Looks like a fun list that should be pretty competitive, not that I have any idea what the tourny environment is like out there today. My primary list is still a Deathwing army all mounted in LRC's. The list has 21 models in 2000 points.....yeah, I lose a lot.....what did I say about that salt?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say go with list 3. 2 troops at 2000 points is risky so having 3 is a plus there. I like the elite load out of 3 compared to the others. One tweak I would do is try to find a way to have the Assault squad a full 10 man. Numbers is the most important thing for melee.
    The Only Constant is change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not a huge fan of crimson fist but if your looking for a list for them, try looking at this...

200pts on the nose
    HQ + 1 elite slot
    Pedro Cantor+
    Sternguard x10, 2xcombi-melta, 1x melta gun, and combi-melta and power weapon for SGT.
    Drop Pod

2 elite slots
    Ironclad Dred x2, DCCW, H. Flamer, meltagun, assult launchers, chainfist both in pods

3 troop slots
    10 man tach squad, with las-cannon, and meltagun, razorback, with las/plas. Sgt. with power fist
    combat squad them, leave the las-cannons in the backfield to snipe with, and melta/Sgt half with the transport

2 fast attack slots
    land speeder x2 both armed with H. flamer and multi-melta
    keep in reserve and deep strike to deal with targets that just need to be taken down. mech or troop....you have weapons to deal with either

1 heavy slot
    Vindicator with Hunter killer missle and siege shield

you drop both dreds on the first turn, and hold pedro and the land speeders in reserve, you have 6 las-cannons and 6 scoring units to start with, and most folks with have to make a decision, deal with the dreds or get eaten by them, or shoot at your transports/vindy.....either way they go, they get eaten up by fire from the group they didn't deal with first turn. then you have your speeders to take out high value targets, and pedro to drop in to swipe and hold one of their objectives on their side of the board. Not to mention the las/plas version of the razors get nastier to troops the closer they get.

+ Reply to Thread