<3000 2000 point blood angel list. Suggestions? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 point blood angel list. Suggestions?

HQ

Librarian - 190
    Jump Pack
    Epistolary
    Infernus pistol
    Psychic Powers - Unleash Rage and Sheild Of Sanguinius

Commander Dante - 225

Elites

Sanguinary Priests x3 - 225
    Jump Packs x3
    Infernus Pistol x1

Chaplain - 125
    Jump Pack

Furioso Dreadnought - 175
    Furioso Librarian Dreadnought
    Psychic Powers - Wings of Sanguinius and Unleash Rage

Troops

Sanguinary Guard - 305
    Death Masks
    Chapter Banner
    Infernus Pistol x5

Assault Squad x10 - 260
    Infernus Pistol x2
    Sargent
    Infernus Pistol
    Power Fist

Assault Squad x10 - 235
    Infernus Pistol x2
    Sargent
    Plasma Pistol

Fast Attack

Baal Predator - 115
    Flame Storm Cannon

Baal Predator - 115
    Flame Storm Cannon

Total - 2000

Dante goes into the unit of sanguinary guard and so does the librarian and one preist. I will be making that entire unit deep strike. The second Preist and chaplain goes in the assault squad with the power fist and then the third preist goes in the final assault squad. The idea is to constantly keep pressure on the opponent especially if the game type is annihilation. If it is objectives then I will move the assault squads each to an objective or have them deep strike on the objective. Gotta love decent of angels. The baal predators i always did like getting them in the opponents face in the first turn and causing chaos with their troops. So any suggestions? What do you think? Feedback appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Shrubs for the Blood God Undead Bonzi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    207 (x5)

Drop the Epistolary upgrade off your libby, it isn't needed. Cast shield in your opponents turn and rage in yours and you can still pop off two powers without spending 50pts. Also its unlikely you will ever need to cast shield and rage in the same turn as if you are in CC you don't need shield. Being able to cast rage and then force weapon someone is nice but the use is so rare that it isn't worth 50pts.

In your Assault Squads change the infernus pistols off your standard guys for melta guns. The pistols are more expensive and have a shorter range and the extra mundane CC attack they grant you is not worth it.

You don't have much ranged firepower to take down things like dark eldar skimmers. Some armies will be fast enough to stay out of your reach. A Land Speeder or a standard Baal would help close this gap.
    The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

you have way too many points concentrated in your sanguinary guard unit. almost half of your army. in most cases they will deepstrike turn 2 or three, kill one tank and then die a horrible death to template and blast weapons the following turn. also since a large chunk of your points wont be around until at least turn 2 your the 1200 points left on the table will be facing off against 2000 points. in most cases. one flame storm is ok but in my opinion the TL-AC for the baal is much better all around weapon. it would also be helpful to have a tactical squad around for sitting on your home objective. using an assault squad to guard an objective is a waste of points and very effective.
    there are some small things i don't like like about your list but the above things i mentioned are the biggest things.
    Never give up. Never give up. HIT, HIT, HIT, HIT!

Semper Paratus

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

It's an interesting idea to combine Sanguinary Guard with a Librarian's Shield of Sanguinius but you aren't taking full advantage of it. I would field no more than one non-SG scoring unit in order to make the most of the Dante-SoS combo. You can drop a lot of upgrades in the process. SG don't need to max out on equipment and Priests aren't essential for units in artificer armor.

The list has a suicidal lack of ranged firepower as Bonzi and greektlake noted. There's only one non-bolter weapon that can reach 12"!

Gotta love decent of angels.
    DoA is very useful, yes, but it comes with some harsh drawbacks. The worst is the inability to charge on the turn your squad deepstrikes; this negates much of the Priest's and Chaplain's usefulness. Then, if the squad deepstrikes and shoots then it remains clustered together as an ideal target for blast weapons. You don't want to lose a 200-point unit to a single plasma cannon or demolition charge. (This is where Shield of Sang. comes in.) Then, the enemy is very motivated to charge you before you charge him. Five Marines in any armor have trouble resisting a charge, especially if they get worked over by special weapons first. And lastly, even with DoA it's risky to deploy close enough for inferno pistols.

I don't know if you're keen on a Dante-Sanguinary Guard theme. I can help if you are but, looking over the list, I think a Death Company-themed list might please you more. DC have the Priest's benefits built-in and have an improved WS. (It's surprisingly useful!) The way I see it, you could Pod in some DC Dreadnoughts for the alpha strike. They'll keep the enemy busy enough for DC to fly up the battlefield (or you can use the Dreads to bait the enemy closer to the DC) for a Turn 2-3 strike. They should be okay flying up the battlefield and this gives you a strong chance of getting the charge off.

In later turns, you can land scoring unit in Pods (this lets all the DC Dread Pods come in at once) or use Pod beacons to DoA the backup. The Death Company survivors will keep the enemy tied up while your scoring units make their way to any objectives or, in a Kill Point mission, give you some controllable units.

Tie it off with a Tactical or Scout squad for a home base and it should be a fun list. Standard Predators will serve you better than Baals for support fire. Heavy Dreadnoughts or a Devastator squad could be used instead. Whirlwinds are a natural complement to melta weapons; the infantry open the cans and the Whirlys nuke the contents. You'll probably need Astorath for multiple DC squads but he's a strong choice in his own right.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blood angels was my first 40k army and i have been experimenting...with ideas. Anyways, This list doesnt have any range mainly because it is a fast moving list. The predators are usually in the opponents face the first turn and everything else is speeding across the table. I am highly in love with death company but would never use them outside of an apocalypse game due to their price. I like astorath but have only experimented with him once in an apocalypse game and he took out a gargantuan creature....mainly due to his weapon and shear luck lol. But i did think of him for this list but i decided to change my mind. Anyways if i do deep strike with anything it would but the sang unit to blow up a tank or severely weaken a unit or monster. Yeah, you may think the priest in the sang squad is kinda pointless but i roll to many ones not to take feel no pain so that is to cover my butt. They also get furious charge out of the deal. Also unless someone has like 3 devastator squads with nothing but rocket launchers, which i have played against and it is retardedly stupid..., they can take a beating. Dropping the one upgrade on the librarian is a good idea. Also i am a very casual player but i appreciate all you feedback.

+ Reply to Thread