<1000 634pts doubles tourney list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

634pts doubles tourney list

I've currently thinking of a list for the doubles tourney 634pts per player (Yes I know its odd but this is the tournament organiser's eccentricity). The condition is that a min of 200 points worth of troops which are scoring must be included. The pairings are random so no telling whom am I going to be paired with here are some ideas i came up with.

Idea 1
    Veterans Squad (260 pts)
    Gunnery Sergeant Harker
    Grenade Launchers
    Autocannon
    Demolitions
    Chimera (Multi Laser, Heavy Flamer, Heavy Stubber, Extra Armor)

Heavy Support
    2x Leman Russ Battle Tank (360 pts)
    Lascannon
    Extra Armor

Idea Notes: I could either infiltrate Harker squad with the empty Chimera placed elsewhere to lay annoying firepower or outflank Harker along with the Chimera for even more annoying shooting pillbox.

Idea 2
    Veteran Squad (270 pts)
    Sergeant Bastonne
    Plasmagun
    Grenadiers
    Chimera (Multi Laser, Heavy Flamer, Heavy Stubber, Extra Armor)

Heavy Support
    2x Leman Russ Battle Tank (360 pts)
    Lascannon
    Extra Armor

Idea Notes: Sergeant Bastonne is Ld10 so the squad will not be that easily pinned when things go wrong. Orders do help a lot for them with Plasmaguns (only against MCs and Vehicles).

Idea 3:
    Troops
    Infantry Platoon (290 pts)
    Platoon Command Squad
    4 Flamers

Infantry Squad (x3)
    Power Weapons (x3)
    Grenade Launchers (x3)
    Commissar with Power Weapon

Heavy Support
    2x Leman Russ Battle Tank (330 pts)
    Lascannon

Idea Notes: Pretty straightforward, blobs of men guarding the tanks shooting down anything that's coming while the tank give the fire support.

Questions:
    1. Does Forward Sentries grant an additional +1 to cover saves (gives Stealth) to Harker and friends since they come with Stealth? I think they don't since they are the same USR correct me if I'm wrong
    2. If I were to remove all the extra armor from the vehicles what are other stuff that can recommend?

P.S. My community is quite MEQ intense so could use your humble assistance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    417 (x7)

it looks like you won't need an HQ choice. well that's interesting
    I'd vote for #3 with a little bit of changes.

Troops
    Infantry Platoon (300 pts)
    Platoon Command Squad
    4 Melta
    Chimera with flamer.

Infantry Squad (x2)
    Power Weapons (x2)
    Grenade Launchers (x2)
    Commissar with Power Weapon

Heavy Support
    2x Leman Russ Battle Tank (300 pts) with flamers or bolters, your pick.

which leaves you 34 points more to spend. IF you can beg for 1 point more i'd take a scout sentinel right away, otherwise you can take 3 hunter killer missiles + 2 bolt pistols on the blob, OR 2 sets of krak grenades for your regulars + 2 melta bombs for the sarges + 2 bolt pistols for them too (hell those 4 points are annoying!) OR if you will seriously face quite a lot vehicles, you can reintroduce lascannon on russes... and 2 bolt pistols lol
    I don't use Vendettas or Valks...if Guardsmen were meant to fly, the Emperor would have given them wings. (343rd Mordian)
    The battle for Hidaxes SubSector (Listwar)! 184th Cadian blog: 184th.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

(This reply may be a tad late but i haven't been around this forum in a while)

If you dont know who your opponent is i'd try to go for a more balanced force that can either be agressive or defensive.

Possibly something like

PCS 3 flamers chimera
    IS grenade launcher autocannon
    IS grenade launcher autocannon
    SWS 2 flamers demo charge
    Banewolf
    Vendetta
    Hydra
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

+ Reply to Thread