<2000 Blood angels competitive 1000 points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blood angels competitive 1000 points

Librarian. 100
    Sanguine shield, unleash rage

10 man tactical squad. 200
    Plasmagun plasma cannon powersword

8 man Assault squad (no jump packs) 169
    Powersword

Land raider godhammer dedicated transport for assault squad 215

Sanguinary priest. 65
    Power weapon

2 furioso dreadnoughts, blood talons 250

Total 999
    the idea is the tactical squad provides fire support for the land raider and furioso advance, picking off the enemy's dedicated assault troops
    The idea is to send a lot of armour negating highish initiative attacks using the assault squad with attached librarian and priest hitting hard into sections of the enemy lines, now, apart from the lack of duplicates, if you guys have any tips, it would be really helpful
    Many thanks

Rev

I play Blood Angels, deal with it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Looks solid. I should ask, how large of a BA army do you plan to eventually build? The Godhammer LR is an excellent choice for smaller lists such as this one but you're likely to outgrow it around the 1,500 points level. You will have more fire support choices and want to transport larger squads. Using a different Raider now, however, will make the current list deficient in fire support. Let me know your ultimate goal!

The Furiosos are too slow to be your army's first wave (more so because they don't have extra armor). But they can advance behind the Land Raider with no difficulty. Use fists instead of talons on them; they're more appropriate for general-purpose duties. I've found that talons work best on Dreadnoughts that are kept in reserves at deployment time because they can be easily directed at appropriate targets...deepstrikers and outflankers, particularly.

Try giving one Furioso a frag cannon. Should an enemy unit charge the Land Raider before its own passengers get the opportunity, they'll be lined up for a template attack!
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm hoping to make it to a company sized army, at the moment I have something like a squad of assault marines about three or four tactical squads three dreads and enough heavy weapons to form 4 dev squads, also have a razorback 3 rhinos and a raider

The reason I'm sticking to this small an army is cos its for a bunch of friendly games at my local storeI want to really get my tactical ability up a few notches, plus I'm only really going to start painting and building once I get a lull in my life.
    I'm hoping to get time to test out units and convert them to better ones before any proper tourney come up
    I play Blood Angels, deal with it.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Ah. Well, so long as you're willing to convert later on then go with what you have. It's a good start.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

+ Reply to Thread