<1000 750pt game - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 750pt game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

750pt game

Hey guys,

We have a 750pt challenge going on at our local GW store at the moment. The rules are no named characters, 1 HQ, 2-4 Troop and 0-2 in any combo of Elite, Fast attack and heavy support.
    I know one enemy is Dark Eldar, and one is Dark Angels.

So here is my list. (lists must be at least 40% troops choice)

HQ
    CCS, Lascannon - 70pts

TROOPS
    PCS, 2x Flamer, Chimera w/ Multilaser and Heavy Flamer - 95pts
    Infantry Squad A, Autocannon, GL - 65pts
    Infantry Squad A, Autocannon, GL - 65pts
    Vet Squad, Demolitions, Shotguns, Meltagun, Chimera - 165pts

FAST ATTACK
    Banewolf w/ Multimelta - 145pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
    2x Griffon Heavy Mortar Artillery Battery - 150pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: OK if a little static. 4xGL may be better able to move and fire.

Troops: Platoon is good. Vets should take 3 meltas first before they consider demolitions.

Fast: Nice and fast. The Dark Eldar will be the most threat so a hellhound may be more fun with the decent range and ignores the flat out cover saves.

Heavy: Nice but against DE the Hydra is king.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, a few things I forgot to mention,

These battle are fluffy. We must stick to our forces fluff, and not gear it towards a particular force, because we are not allowed to change it.

*My HQ is static to issue orders to the static platoon, and sit back with the griffins.
    *Would 3 meltas really do more damage than the demo charge out the side of the chimera?
    * I thought the banewolf ignored armour saves being a template
    * Id love to run the hydras, but it isnt exactly with my forces fluff. Basically my force is a mobile artillary korps and likes to use blitzkrieg style tactics. (Men backing up tanks/Armour, heavy artillary support with a little aircover.)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

Man this is rough. I would have suggested the Mech 750 list that I run, but you have a lot of restrictions you have to deal with. I have some ideas, but I don't think they will work with your fluff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts on dropping one of the griffons for another squad or some upgrades such as more special weapons (meltaguns for the Vets, more flamers for the PCS?)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

I'd take

CCS with company banner and 3x plasma guns in Chimera

PCS with 4x Flamers in Chimera

Inf squad with Autocannon + Flamer in Chimera
    Inf squad with Autocannon + Flamer in Chimera

SWS with 3x melta
    SWS with 3x melta

3x scout sentinels with multilasers

Depending on the opponent you can dismount the infantry squads and put in the SWS for some "budget" chi-meltavet squads

The PCS is for backfield defense and anti-horde. The plasma guns let you burst down terminators and other heavy infantry.

The scout sentinels can block enemy assaults and tarpit or outflank and shoot up side/rear armour if the enemy is shooty.

I would rate this pretty highly against a 750 DE force. I don't think they'd get many boats in at that point level and your ST6/7 shooting will brutalise their AV10 open topped fun. Once you de-mech them it's a simple process of mopping up with your flamers. T3 elves don't last long to that.
    Copy, Improve, Innovate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Korona that list wouldnt be legal as there is only one troops choice.

Okay guys/gals..

I have had another play with the list and here is what I have come up with.. Enemies so far are, Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Tau, Orks, and perhaps some more..

Here it goes!

HQ
    CCS, 3x Meltagun, Chimera w/ Multi-Laser & Heavy Flamer - 135pts

TROOPS
    Vet Squad, Demolitions, Shotguns, 2x Grenade Launcher, Chimera w/ Multi-Laser & Heavy Flamer - 165pts
    Vet Squad, Demolitions, Shotguns, 2x Grenade Launcher, Chimera w/ Multi-Laser & Heavy Flamer - 165pts

FAST ATTACK
    Devil Dog w/ Multimelta - 135pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
    2x Griffon Heavy Mortar Artillery Battery w/ Heavy Flamers - 150pts
    Last edited by Tonba; February 21st, 2012 at 23:53.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts on take two anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll take a stab at it.

CCS - good. I'd try to find points for the last meltagun in this squad though.

Troops - I'd drop demolitions to fill out the special weapons in both squads. You might be able to fit in meltaguns even, with the points saved. The more chimeras the better in small points games, imho, so good choices here.

Fast Attack - I have to agree with the other posters, a hellhound is really a better option than either the Devildog or Banewolf. The additional range on the turret weapon is really where the hellhound shines (lets you get early turn shots in that ignore cover, and is more likely to be out of range of counter assault). In addition to being good against infantry, the hellhound is great at getting potshots at vehicle side armor (auto hit due to being a template weapon).

Heavy Support - Hydras really are great, and flexible. S7 AP4 is nothing to sneeze at, regardless of what you're shooting at. You may also consider a vanilla LRBT.

A list I've run at 750 is the following:

Primaris Psyker
    Melta vets, Chimera
    Plasma vets, Chimera
    Grenade launcher vets, Chimera
    Hellhound, HKM
    Hydra

The Primaris psyker runs around with the GL vets. The HKM on the hellhound was due to not having 5 additional points for the hull multimelta.

Good luck!
    General Van Rensaler
    Commander of the Cadian 713th
    "The Sledgehammer of the Emperor"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice guys...

Unfortunatly, Im running out of time to get the force together and painted + based, so I'm going to stick with the second list. The only question is... do I stick with GL's for the Vets or swap to flamers?

They have meltabombs for armour, shotguns for assault, the Democharge for clearing terminators/marines.. so do I run with 2x grenade launchers (can give me a bit more anti-light vehichle/monster firepower) or go for the aggressive assault role with flamers and try to smash as many as possible, cleaning up the rest with the shotguns.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast