<2000 1500 BA Semi-Mech list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    AJ.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 BA Semi-Mech list

Hey guys, I just wanted to get your quick opinions on the following list - I don't really want to change it too much as I have some of the models and really like the idea of it, but nonetheless criticisms will be very much appreciated.

Here goes:

HQ: 250
    Mephiston - 250

Elites: 180
    2x Sanguine Priest, Jump Packs, PW - 180

Troops: 374
    9x Assault Squad, PW - 187
    9x Assault Squad, PW - 187

Fast Attack:290
    2x Baal Predator, TLAC and HB Sponsons - 290

Heavy Support: 405
    3x Predator, Autocannon, Lascannon Sponsons - 405

Total: 1499

I want to keep Mephiston as I love his fluff and think he'd be a good part of my army - additionally, I believe he is definitely worth his points.
    The Sanguine Priests have been great for me - their FNP/FC is invaluable!
    The Marines have a fairly decent unit count - especially if I break them up into combat squads.
    The Baal Predators will act as anti-infantry, whilst the Predators will focus tougher units and tanks.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers,
    AJ

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think mephston can work, but with a few tweaks. I wouldnt run preds with ba because your paying a higher cost for them being fast. I would run something like this.
    Hq
    Mephston
    Librarian
    blood lance/sanguine sheild

Troops

2x5 Assult marines
    mg
    razor back
    twin las cannon

Elites
    Librarian dread
    sanguine shield

Fast
    2 Baal preds
    HB sponsin

Heavy
    3 Vindis

I would spread the dread and the lib out so you can bubble the sheild on all your tanks and when the enemy gets closer have mephston eat them.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

The Marines have a fairly decent unit count - especially if I break them up into combat squads.
    They must be 10-man squads to invoke combat squadding. Just move a Marine over to make them squads of 10 and 8. I think it's worth giving up one of the Priests to max out both squads and add special weapons, too, but it's your call.

You may as well use flamer sponsons on the Baals. Seeing how shooty and non-aggressive this list is, the enemy isn't likely to hold back. Otherwise, the list is fine.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

What happens when you play a game with 5 Objectives? I really don't think you have enough troops.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ramon View Post
    What happens when you play a game with 5 Objectives? I really don't think you have enough troops.
    Yeah, i agree too. You need at least 3 troop choices in my opinion or you'll find it quite difficult to claim objectives.
    You don't really need to many predators but if you want them, swap the baal preds for flamestorm cannons because as far as i know, you'll struggle against horde armies as you have no template weapons and even if you get your furious charge in, you'll struggle just to assault and kill them all and eventually youll lose if you face something like orks or tyranids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems fairly Legit. Again man, 18 troop sisnt enough, and two squads of 9 is normally not a good choice. Find the points to make them 10 and 10 so if you need to combat squad you can do so. Remeber this is at 1500, Orks, Nids and several others will overwhelm ur troops. I wud say choose between preds and baal preds until about 2000 and tjen add another squad of ten or even another pred of the chosen kind.

+ Reply to Thread