<2000 Compedatice Air Cav 1750 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Compedatice Air Cav 1750

HQ
    Company Command 4 flamers astropath

Elites
    Guardsman Marbo
    5 Storm Troopers 2 meltaguns 1 plasma pistol
    5 Storm Troopers 2 meltaguns 1 plasma pistol

Troops
    10 Veterans 3 meltaguns
    10 Veterans 3 meltaguns
    10 Veterans 3 plasma guns
    10 Veterans demolitions 3 flamers
    10 Veterans 3 flamers

Fast Attack
    2 Vendettas heavy bolters

I'm building up the above list and thinking of taking it to a tournament. What do you guys think? I have the stormtroopers deep striking with meltaguns and theplasma pistols to help destroy armour since I only have the three ranged AT units, the demo vets can either alpha strike or threaten vehicles with their melta bombs. The CCS has flamers because they're cheap and if I gave them meltaguns target priority for my opponents would be too easy.

The mass of flamers, and bolters on vendettas is to make up for my lack of anti infantry fire in general, as the vendettas will spend the early game shooting at vehicles and my stormtroopers will also target vehicles when they drop I need to have some way of doing a ton of damage to in a short span near the objectives at the end of the game or taking out my friend dans ork horde (close to 200 boyz and kommandos at this point level). Is there any way you guys think I can improve the list? Besides adding meltas because like I said I need the anti infantry firepower and this list takes up all o my meltas (and makes me need to buy one more).

Edit: damn typos in the thread title, if any mods could please change that to "compedative" for me it would be very much appreciated.

Last edited by kevin vanrooyen; March 16th, 2012 at 04:46.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    417 (x7)

stormtroopers: i love them. period. i must find a way to convert them from regular guards and i will field them soon. But the plasma pistol is a bit odd, i haven't a good feeling about that (it would have been different if you had the troopers with plasmaguns)

and all those flamers are quite a waste on BS4. But you're planning to go straight close combat (or pretty near anyway) so you'll use them. Maybe a downgrade to a SWS will save you some points while keeping the flamers count the same.
    I'd also consider taking a power weapon for your vet sarges. You'll get attacked in CC quite a lot of times (i bet that CC will be the main cause of casualties in your games) so putting down a couple more enemy models might be worth it.
    I don't use Vendettas or Valks...if Guardsmen were meant to fly, the Emperor would have given them wings. (343rd Mordian)
    The battle for Hidaxes SubSector (Listwar)! 184th Cadian blog: 184th.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

I would drop 1-2 veteran squads and get a cheap platoon.

The PCS with 4 flamers is better than vets and a lot cheaper plus you don't waste any BS4 guys with flamers. Also get a SWS with 3 flamers (or some democharges) then 2 squads on foot with AC+GL to go in cover holding a home objective or two.

Get some plasmaguns in one vet squad to shred elite infantry such as termies or plague marines. Plenty of meltas in the other vets and CCS. PCS+SWS will cover the anti horde element. Consider shotguns on the veterans with meltas.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Id rather not have any guys on foot, doesnt fit the theme of air cav very well.

The plasma pistols are there since my stormtroopers are probobly going to die right after they drop so i may as well make their 1-2 close range shooting phases v vehicles count, besides s7 can hurt side or rear armour. If i take a plasmagun uni i'd have to drop one of the flamer/ demo vet units, do you guys think its worth it?
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Id rather not have any guys on foot, doesnt fit the theme of air cav very well.
    You could still take the platoon. Those passengers need to live much more than they need to kill. PCS, SWS and two bare infantry squads are a lot cheaper than four Veteran squads with guns they can't use safely. (I am tempted to recommend Chenkov. His stubborn bubble could be useful and I like the mental image of air cav at the front of an endless wave of conscripts.) You could even bring two extra infantry squads. Alpha-strike the PCS and SWS early in the game, then pull the squadron back to pick up their replacements!

damn typos in the thread title, if any mods could please change that to "compedative"
    "competitive".

I wouldn't worry about the enemy singling out the CCS. It isn't scoring. Kitting it for close combat could be useful.

Do you have any more skimmers? I see no real reason to hold back. Stormtroopers and some Veterans could go to make room, and making the third squadron missile pod Valkyries would add some anti-horde firepower. (Six large templates in one volley!)
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

452 (x8)

You just love being right dont you Intrepid.

+ Reply to Thread