<2000 1500 - Tallarn armoured - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

1500 - Tallarn armoured

I have a drop troop army and fancy something different so I thought about plenty of tanks. I like the desert camo schemes in IA3 and thought about Tallarn. So here is a guard army with a low number of guardsmen (31). I am thinking of buying 10 of the forgeworld Tallarn sniper squads to do the infantry and remove the sniper scopes.

HQ: Primaris Psyker 70

Troops: 10 Vets, 3 melta, Chimera ML+HF 155
    Troops: 10 Vets, 3 melta, Chimera ML+HF 155
    Troops: 10 Vets, 3 plasma, Chimera ML+HB 170

Fast: Hellhound 130
    Fast: 3 Scout Sentinels ML 105
    Fast: 5 Tallarn Mukaali Riders 120

Heavy: Leman Russ, HB, Plasma sponsons 190
    Heavy: Demolisher, LC 180
    Heavy: 3 Hydras 225

Total 1500

Expansion to 2000 points would be to double up the hellhound, russ and demolisher into squadrons of 2 each.

The Mukaali riders (5 FW Tallarn roughriders on dinosaurs) could be replaced with a devil dog or unit of 10 regular rough riders for use in tournaments.

Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

I don't know if three scoring units are enough in this list, especially since they have your only melta weapons.

What would you say to dropping the Mukaali Riders and russ' plasma sponsons? That would free up enough points for a fourth veteran squad. As is they're the only thing with a T value and no transport, plus i've seen the models and they're pretty tall so i'm not sure how easy it'll be to hide them behind a tank.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

I think a platoon structure would serve you better, especially if you plan to squadron Russes in larger games. Lots of armies can deepstrike multiple meltaguns; forcing them to land more than 6" away is the only method to keep Russes safe. If Mukaali are anything like Rough Riders then they would also work better supporting a defensive platoon than a mobile formation, moving & charging in from reserves.

Those Chimelta vets can be run as a mechanized al'Rahem platoon.

If you're looking to go tank-heavy then Russ Exterminators are worth taking over the Hydras. Mobility and armor wins over cost-effectiveness once you start taking fewer medium tanks.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

I like the Hydra's in this list, they help take the aggro from autocannons and the like off of his other light tanks, and since he only has a few he needs to protect them.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

The Hydras are the only static unit in this list and so risk getting left behind. Once an enemy unit gets into the backfield, and it'll happen more often than not, they'll have to start moving constantly to avoid being one-shotted by a charge. The Sentinels will probably draw enough fire to help the Chimeras.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

+ Reply to Thread