Welcome to Librarium Online!
2 melta vet units 200
2 melta vet units with demolitions 260
1 melta vet with defensive granades 130
2 vedettas HB 280
2 Valkeries MRP HB 280
2 vendettas HB 280
melta vets scout forward and multi charge vehicles
the rest of the vets sit in flyers to snatch objectives later
vedetta 1 scouts and drops off troops and hits side armours and harrases
valks sit in front of enemy and hits troops
vendetta 2 scouts other side and drops off troops and hits side armours and harrases
psyker stays in defensive granade squad
You need some ordnance all you're troops are pretty much ment for armor killing not infantry killing. You might get lucky with the valkyrie's blast weapon but it can only be fired once. Drop all the sponsons and some gunships for a leman russ battle tank or medusa. Drop the camo cloaks & snare mines for more melta guns in the veteran squads.
MRPs are not one shot, its every turn, the standard weapon is one shot, if i lost the HB and MRP then i wouldnt be able to deal with troops at all, a few ML and Las shots wont cause the amount of hits to do anything significant to their units.
my main concern in this list is recieving damange as AV12 squadrons are easy pickings
I just don't like the strength and AP of the MRPs seems like a waste spending all that on the gunships and yes they will probably get blown up do to being in a squadron so why add all the extra points on a gunship I would just trade in some gunships for some medusa's or battle tanks to give you're opponent more targets to fire at taking some heat off the gunships and that way the gunships will be harder to take down when not in a squadron.
I cant tell which of your posts is the most recent, but if this is, i'd just like to point out that nothing with AV 12 will be "standing and shooting" at anything very long. I think it'll be lucky if you manage to pull off a melta squad drop, destroy an enemy tank, and escape without loosing the skimmer and most of your vets. The majority of tanks that your gonna be going against will have long range weapons and they'll be back on the opponents side of the board, you'll probably end up flying right into their line of fire to get your melta shots off cause of the short range. That said I suppose it doesn't really matter if the tank was worth more in points, but it probably wont be, just a thought
If you have first turn popping tanks is easy with vendetta mounted demolitions meltavets.
1. Deploy far forewards. Enemy then deploy tanks so select which tank concentrations you are going for.
2. Scout move the skimmers 24" to about 13" away from your victim tanks.
3. Pray to the Emperor that he doesn't steal initiative. If he dies then at least the skimmer went flat out so will get a 4+ cover save.
4. On turn one disembark 2" from the base of the vendetta to be about 10" from the tank (includes the width of the infantry base) make sure the meltas are at the front.
5. Move 6" towards the tanks, fire meltas if you wish, then charge as many tanks as you can and get 10 meltabomb hits on rear armour. Should be at least one dead tank.
6. Also in movement phase the vendetta can move flat out to get out of there or move 12" back and fire a lascannon or can move 6" back and fire all weapons at another target. The vendetta should be relatively save and the rest of your army comes up to give it support.
7. Watch the meltavet squad die in the following turn - there isn't much you can do about this so killing the tank(s) better have ben worth the 130 points.
Note firing meltas can be harmful if you have a decent multicharge as it may kill the target tank and disallow the assault. It may be worth not firing to get the grenade hits on several tanks. If you want a cheaper version of this any vet squad or regular guard squad with krak grenades can do it to vehicles with rear armour 10 with a reasonable chance of success.
Anyway on to the list....
HQ: you only have 5 squads and 6 transports so swap the Psyker for a CCS with say 4 GLs. These will have about the same firepower as the psyker and a lot more wounds not to mention the odd order. Since you can all outflank if you need to I would think about an astropath too to bring in reserves and reroll your flanks.
Troops: Meltavets are good (or could put 3-4 meltas on the CCS). I Would take 1 with demolitions + meltas. 2 with just 3 meltas and 1-2 with 3 plasmas to give some decent infatry shredding ability. Considder shotguns on some melta squads.
The objective sitter vets don't seem right. Meltas and cammo cloaks are not a great combination. If you want sitters then plasmas and a lascannon could be fun with cloaks or just take a 25 man platoon with 2xAC/GL squads in cover and the PCS with 4 flamers in the vendetta. You could even add a SWS with 3 democharges for some real fun.
Fast: Perfect. Keep the rocket pods and HB sponsons.
Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.
I'd switch a melta/demo vet squad for some melta/flamer vets. They still have the same alpha strike ability with their meltabombs, you have plenty of AT weapons and they can really mess up an infantry unit that gets too close to you.
IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11