<2000 1,500 - Tournament List. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1,500 - Tournament List.

HQ
    Saint Celestine

Troops
    10x Battle Sisters Squad
    + Multi-Melta
    + Melta gun
    + Plasma Pistol (Superior)
    + Melta Bombs (Superior)
    + Immolator
    + Extra Armour

10x Battle Sisters Squad
    + Multi-Melta
    + Melta gun
    + Melta Bombs (Superior)
    + Immolator
    + Extra Armour

10x Battle Sisters Squad
    + Multi-Melta
    + Melta gun
    + Melta Bombs (Superior)
    + Immolator

10x Battle Sisters Squad
    + Multi-Melta
    + Melta gun
    + Melta Bombs (Superior)
    + Immolator
    + Extra Armour

Heavy Support
    Exorcist
    Exorcist
    Exorcist

Total: 1,500

Erm, it's pretty simple. But I think it's as good as it gets. Good vs hordes and troops with lots of heavy flamers, good vs mech with meltas everywhere, and highly mobile. Only issue is investing a lot of points in those 11-11-10 transports. Reckon its worth switching to rhinos with hunter-killers? save 80 points and squeeze in something else? I reckon that's about as good as the ladies get... at least the most reliable.

Last edited by Jackolas; March 25th, 2012 at 22:19.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

There are several major flaws with this list and you won't be winning any tournaments with it. First, Multi-Meltas are amazingly ineffective because they are heavy weapons, especially since all of your troops have to walk. Second, Immolators are amazingly ineffective because they're not fast and are overpriced. Sisters aren't space marines and can't combat squad so you have a bunch of short range weapons walking across the field next to a tank that has can move 6" and fire an 8" weapon. Third, your troop composition is not ideal. Plasma Pistols are worthless and you're better off with a combi-plasma, it's cheaper and you're at least guaranteed two shots. The downside is that you can't charge after firing it, but let's face it, you shouldn't be charging. Meltabombs aren't necessary.

Your troops costs 245 points. That's absurd because it's less effective than a configuration that costs 180. The most basic Sister of Battle troop choice is this:

Sisters of Battle x10 - 180
    Metagun x2
    Rhino

It's simple, cheap, and gets the job done. That being said, I prefer the second one because it offers more versatility:

Battle Sisters x10 - 210
    Meltagun, Heavy Flamer
    VSS - Combi-Melta, Combi-Plasma
    Rhino

This squad can handle big troops, little troops, hordes, and vehicles. It's not the best against Big Multi-wound units, but that's what exorcists are for. You can also drop a combi-weapon of your choice (I like to keep the plasma) so save a few points if you need them. At 1500 points, I usually include two of these and one of the cheap melta squads.

If you're hellbent on using Immolators, they have one place in this army, and that is on Dominions. They let you scout with a twin-linked multimelta and it's proven it's worth to me. Inside, I give them two flamers to mop up infantry, which comes to 170 points (more if I put any combi on the vss). The other configuration is to put 5 in a rhino with two meltaguns for 125 points. It's amazingly cheap and surprisingly effective. Again, add a combi-plas for good measure if you want.

The other thing to consider are seraphim. They truly are the backbone of my army and have the tendency to melt anything shy of terminator armor. Their Hand Flamers are only 3/6, but they drop 4 of them and can re-roll wounds and once you stick Celestine in there, you have 5 templates of nastiness. The full 10 with handflamers costs 195 points and it's a good place to stick Celestine. She doesn't need the bunker, but she does benefit from their AoF and boots their roll.

In short, Sisters of Battle are best kept cheap. 200 points is a good number of points when looking at unit prices. Any more than that and you're sinking a lot of points into something that probably will be just as effective as a cheaper one. Things like Extra Armor and Meltabombs are nice, but that's an extra 20 points per squad and it might never come up in a game. In your list, for example, you're paying an extra 45 points per squad so they can walk across the field and only fire one weapon. With 4 squads, that's an extra 180 points! You can buy another squad for that much and I guarantee you that 180 point squad will be more effective because it has a job and it can get it done effectively. The other thing to consider is Battle Sister Squads aren't the bread and butter they were in our old book. Take one squad for every 500 points you play and then look to the fast attack section because they do it better. Once your fast attack is full (I like 2 Doms and 1 Sera), you look at the Celestians (rhino and dual melta) in the Elites choice. Obviously, don't forget your heavy slot either. Exorcists are the workhorse for sisters, though retributers have their place. Two Exos and a squad of rets is never a bad idea.

The only other option is taking Jacobus and a unit of DCAs, which is a terrifying unit. Beyond that, it's best to stick to those guidelines.
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x3)

ikbuh I'm also a fan of the heavy flamer in sister squads for the versatility. Not really into TWO combi weapons on the VSS tho, not worth the points to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, that all seems fair to me. And I was a fool, I admit it!

How about this, then?

HQ

Saint Celestine

Troops

10x Battle Sisters
    2x Meltagun
    + Rhino

10x Battle Sisters
    2x Meltagun
    + Rhino

10x Battle Sisters
    2x Meltagun
    + Rhino

Fast Attack

5x Dominions
    2x Flamer
    + Immolator
    + T-L multi-melta

5x Dominions
    2x Flamer
    + Immolator
    + T-L multi-melta

5x Seraphim
    2x Hand Flamers

Heavy

Exorcist

Exorcist

Exorcist

Total: 1,500

Is it a problem that rhinos can't shoot anything substantial?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackolas View Post
    Is it a problem that rhinos can't shoot anything substantial?
    They have two meltagun shots if they move 6" or less :p
    But they are mainly there to protect the sisters. Have you had a chance to play with the new dex yet?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

115 (x6)

That list will go much further than the other one. As AT said, the rhino are there to protect your sisters and get them where they want to go. While the Rhino itself doesn't provide anything more than a Sotrmbolter in the way for firepower, it does have two firing points, which means the meltas inside get to fire.out depending on how fast you move. Personally, I'm not a fan of running only 5 seraphim, but there are plenty of other targets in your army, so it might work out. Worst comes to Worse, you lose a cheap squad. Some say three exorcists is overkill. Sisters of Battle call it the only ranged anti tank in the codex.
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it looks better too. I've not played the new codex yet. SoB is an ongoing project and I still don't have all the bits I need - since now you can't induct guard anymore. So I'm refining a list before I get the final bits. I've done some research about dominions and immolators though...

Quote Originally Posted by ikbuh View Post
    If you're hellbent on using Immolators, they have one place in this army, and that is on Dominions. They let you scout with a twin-linked multimelta and it's proven it's worth to me. Inside, I give them two flamers to mop up infantry, which comes to 170 points (more if I put any combi on the vss). The other configuration is to put 5 in a rhino with two meltaguns for 125 points. It's amazingly cheap and surprisingly effective. Again, add a combi-plas for good measure if you want.
    I thought I would check this. I was unsure that it was the case that dominions pass the scout rule on. This is the wording from the FAQ:

"Q: Does a unit with the Scout special rule pass it on to any vehicle it is embarked in? (p76)
    A: No."

(http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...nuary_2012.pdf)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackolas View Post
    "Q: Does a unit with the Scout special rule pass it on to any vehicle it is embarked in? (p76)
    A: No."
    Units don't pass scout onto any vehicle they embark into - so you can't deploy scouts into a landraider and then scout the landraider.

Dedicated transports do gain scout, provided the unit starts the game embarked inside the vehicle (page 76)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In that case it's a winner!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

115 (x6)

Yes. It's a very intimidating thing when you scout two TLMM forward. Even if they don't do anything, your opponent will be worried about them, which takes pressure off of things like your Exorcists.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast