<2000 2000 Ultramarine's (Expanded from my 1500) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Ultramarine's (Expanded from my 1500)

Ello again! This List I created because I have the extra models and because I didn't wanna leave them out just in case a 2000 point battle would open up somewhere!

HQ

1 Captain Valorous Kothor: Power sword, Artificier Armor, Jumppack-155pts

ELITE
    5 Terminators CML-240pts5
    Sternguard Vet-2 Meltaguns, 1 melta bomb, 3 Combi Melta, Drop Pod, locator beacon - 200pts

TROOPS
    10 Tactical Squad-Missile Launcher, Flamer, Rhino, Extra Armor-220pts
    10 Tactical Squad-Missile, Flamer, Rhino, Extra Armor-220pts
    10 Tactical Squad-Missile Launcher, Flamer, Rhino,-205
    10 Scouts - Tellion, Sniper Rifles, Missile Launcher-200

FAST ATTACK
    10 Assault Marines-Flamer, Powerweapon-215pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
    2 Vindicator- Dozer Blade, Extra Armor-265pts
    1 Whirlwind-85pts

Total 2000pts
    Captain and Assault Marines - Again, the captain is meant to be grouped together with the assault squad, bearing 9 power-weapon strike, 24 normal S4 on the charge and a flamer to soften the target a bit. They'll be more for harassing and crowd control... these guys should be able to deal with some MEQ and hordes...

Troops Tactical Marine and Vindicator - These guys will be spearheading the attack from the deployment zone, 3 rhinos and 2 vindicator shoulder to shoulder while the assault marines and the captain takes cover from them, following from the rear... Death shall be quick and messy; the tactical will be targeting the mass and horde and in the same time occupy objectives while the vindicator takes out just about anything...

Troops Scout with Tellion - I'm really looking forward to test him out. Conferring a higher BS to the sniper team, hoping to take down some independent characters or real tough opponents, and he has special rules on wounds allocation.... hellfire rounds comes with the bolter too....

Whirlwind. Long range suppresses fire...
    *Thoughts* What then comes of my Terminator and Sternguard??

Last edited by Angelichost; March 29th, 2012 at 19:22.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The terminators assault cannon isn't really needed as it doesn't really serve any purpose in trying to provide extra anti tank support to the army, I'd look into the cyclone missile launcher as it's only ten more points and you could maybe fit it in.
    For the vindicators no need for the siege shield, why? Because getting a dozer blade is much cheaper and you could save 10 pooints for both of them to get something else. True that a dozer blade doesn't guarantee total protection but there is only a 1 in 36 chance of getting immobilised so i'd take the risk.
    For one of the tac squads, get a missile launcher as a multi melta doesn't really help too much as it has very limited range abilities.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

I expect these 2 units to work together for each other survivability, as I'm really looking at these 2 units as one
    This won't work. The Sternguard will be alone on the first turn, then the Terminators will be alone on a different turn. I would just start the Terminators on the board. They have nothing to gain from deepstriking and at least one turn of shooting to lose.

This also lets you remove the beacon and buy a couple power weapons for the Tactical squads.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited my list *see above* To the ideas you have given me! I am still wondering what I should do with the Terminators and Sterngaurd?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

The Terminators are perfectly fine being fielded as a mobile fire support & reinforcement unit. They don't need a specific role.

The Sternguard can be used as is, for a one-shot distraction, or you can swap their Drop Pod for a Rhino to strengthen your armored column. What I would do, however, is drop them from the list and add a Terminator Librarian and some powerfists. That lets the Terminators add "psychic suppression" to their repertoire and powerfists are always useful in Tactical squads.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

+ Reply to Thread