<1000 1850 Crimson fists - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Junior Member Starslain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    29
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    2 (x1)

    1850 Crimson fists

    HQ=

    Pedro kantor ;-175

    Elite=

    5 sternguard, 2 lascannon ;-155
    Razorback ;-40

    5 sternguard, 2 lascannon ;-155

    Ironclad, heavy flamer ;-145

    Troop=

    10 marines, power fist, heavy bolter, plasma gun ;-205

    10 marines, power fist, heavy bolter, plasma gun ;-205

    10 marines, power fist, heavy bolter, flamer ;-195

    Fast=

    Typhoon ;-90

    Typhoon ;-90

    Tornado ;-90

    Heavy=

    Thunderfire cannon ;-100

    Predator, Heavybolter sponsons ;-85

    Predator, Lascannon sponsons ;-120

    total=1850

    Originally had the sternguards as devs but the guard unit was cheaper and scoring, the razor will primarily be used for pedro to increase his attack giving footprint but can be given over to almost any squad for repositioning.


  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    19
    Posts
    200
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    2 (x1)

    Fielding sternguards as heavy weapons, a definite no. Why? Because the othr 4 specially armed bolters will be wasted. If you want to use them like that, use them as devatstators not sternguards. You're also missing a transport for one of your sternguard units. A better thing would be to mainly swapped their bolters for combi weapons so they keep their a abilties or heavy flamers, plasma guns and meltaguns are the others that people primarily use as they are also rapid fire or assault weapons.
    You need transports for your tac squads. How is your flamer in one of your squads going to get used?

  4. #3
    LO Zealot Guthbrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,043
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x3)

    Using pedro cantor and not using a TON of Sternguard.... wut?

    But yeah, the real reason to want sternguard is for their bolters. I would recomend switching out those las canons for combi weapons for whatever role you wish them to fill. (probably on the entire squad).

    Also I notice you only have one transport vehicle for them. You may as well combine them into one squad using the combat squad rule for objectives and keep them together for kill point games (depending on opponent). I prefer a drop pod for them but that's just me.

    Also, you will find having a heavy bolter in your tactical squads perform poorly. Go for the missile launcher. Far more versatile, especially when you run into a bunch of tanks. The sternguard and thunderfire canon are far better at hunting down infantry than a piddly heavy bolter in your tactical squads.

    The Iron clad is walking so he may never get to use his heavy flamer, but if you have enough vehicles to hide him behind as they move up the field, then he might. Or maybe he is just there to be a target which may not be a bad strategy. I would recommend giving him a melta gun as well so they wast more shots at his AV 13 awesomeness. Give him a drop pod if you find he performs poorly. Nothing worse than seeing that thing right in your face with a flamer hosing your infantry or the melta and fists popping your tanks.

    Your Land Speeders are great.

    To free up some points I would consider dropping the Predator with heavy bolters, it is probably the weakest unit in the list. Use the points to get a couple rhinos.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    19
    Posts
    200
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    2 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Guthbrand View Post
    Using pedro cantor and not using a TON of Sternguard.... wut?

    But yeah, the real reason to want sternguard is for their bolters. I would recomend switching out those las canons for combi weapons for whatever role you wish them to fill. (probably on the entire squad).

    Also I notice you only have one transport vehicle for them. You may as well combine them into one squad using the combat squad rule for objectives and keep them together for kill point games (depending on opponent). I prefer a drop pod for them but that's just me.

    Also, you will find having a heavy bolter in your tactical squads perform poorly. Go for the missile launcher. Far more versatile, especially when you run into a bunch of tanks. The sternguard and thunderfire canon are far better at hunting down infantry than a piddly heavy bolter in your tactical squads.

    The Iron clad is walking so he may never get to use his heavy flamer, but if you have enough vehicles to hide him behind as they move up the field, then he might. Or maybe he is just there to be a target which may not be a bad strategy. I would recommend giving him a melta gun as well so they wast more shots at his AV 13 awesomeness. Give him a drop pod if you find he performs poorly. Nothing worse than seeing that thing right in your face with a flamer hosing your infantry or the melta and fists popping your tanks.

    Your Land Speeders are great.

    To free up some points I would consider dropping the Predator with heavy bolters, it is probably the weakest unit in the list. Use the points to get a couple rhinos.
    Yeah, what i meant was that you might as well have a dev squad than a sternguard squad if you're going to use them like that.
    Your land speeders are good i agree with that but however, i don't really like tornado pattern land speeders as the range is only 24" and moving up closer to the enemy means trouble for land speeeders and typhoons are better as you can hide behind cover that is 36" (heavy bolters) away.

  6. #5
    Junior Member Starslain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    29
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    2 (x1)

    but the sternguard squad costs less than the dev squad with the same heavy wep loadouts -they are scoring and have options outside of tank sniping, the heavy bolter is the favored weapon of the crimson fists It doesn't seem right to leave it out :p

    but essentially lose heavy bolter pred get more sternguard and another razorback?
    Life is just a game, but atleast the graphics are awesome!

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    19
    Posts
    200
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    2 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Starslain View Post
    but the sternguard squad costs less than the dev squad with the same heavy wep loadouts -they are scoring and have options outside of tank sniping, the heavy bolter is the favored weapon of the crimson fists It doesn't seem right to leave it out :p

    but essentially lose heavy bolter pred get more sternguard and another razorback?
    Really what I meant was the fact that sternguards shoudn't really be used like that and instead should be using their bolters upfront so sternguards are more there to contest the enemy objective or even better, to take it from them as the unit that should be staying back is a combat squadded unit of tac marines.
    Yes, I do agree with you here, he should lose the pred to get more sternguards as you should try to maximize the effect of "hold the lines" as you swapped that for combat tactics which in some cases is quite useful so make the most of it.
    YOU NEED TRANSPORTS FOR YOUR MARINES!

  8. #7
    Senior Member Intrepid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Central California
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,800
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputation
    780 (x8)

    What do you think about a Pedro/Shrike tag team? Sternguard troops with fleet is a pretty good base for a footslogging Marine list and Shrike's rules allow for more aggression than such a list would normally have.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

  9. #8
    LO Zealot Guthbrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,043
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x3)

    Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    What do you think about a Pedro/Shrike tag team? Sternguard troops with fleet is a pretty good base for a footslogging Marine list and Shrike's rules allow for more aggression than such a list would normally have.
    Problem with that is their chapter tactics can't be used together. You either have Sternguard with fleet, or stubborn scoring Sterguard, not both. That would be awesome if it worked.

    Also, I didn't know heavy bolters were a favored weapon for Crimson fists. Are you trying to make your army for fluff or competative? That would change our advice greatly.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    19
    Posts
    200
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    2 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Guthbrand View Post
    Problem with that is their chapter tactics can't be used together. You either have Sternguard with fleet, or stubborn scoring Sterguard, not both. That would be awesome if it worked.
    Yes the rule for that is on pretty much all the entries for the different chapter tactics in the space marine codex. Check if you're unsure how it works as it says that if in your army you have more than one independent charcater that has chapter tactics you can only pick one of them.

  11. #10
    Senior Member Intrepid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Central California
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,800
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputation
    780 (x8)

    Of course one can only use one Chapter tactic. Fleet, however, is more useful for non-mechanized infantry than stubborn. That, Shrike's infiltration and the Sternguards' extra attacks is enough for serious preemptive strikes. It's nice to have options.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts