<3000 2250pt space marine list. Any ideas? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250pt space marine list. Any ideas?

Hey, so I played my friend who plays chaos the other day with this army and beat him, major victory. I have another friend who also plays chaos and I would like to try and beat him with more than half my army remaining. Any ideas for improvements in this list.

P.S. We have already decided to play an anahilation match.

Korsarro Khan
    5 Assult Terminators-lightning claws
    -Landraider Redeemer w/ multimelta

Tiguirius
    -Rhino

Telion
    4 scouts
    -1 heavybolter others snipers and camo cloaks

5 man bike squad
    -2 melta guns
    -sergeant w/ power sword

Ironclad dreadnought
    -Dreadnought drop pod w/ locator beacon

Techmarine w/ servo harness

Landspeeder
    -multi-melta + heavy flamer

Landspeeder
    -multi-melta + heavy flamer

Devastators
    -4 plasma cannons
    -Razorback w/ Las-Plas
    -locator beacon

Devastators
    -4 plasma cannons
    -Razorback w/ Las-Plas
    -locator beacon

About 2100pts right now.

Theory- Scouts start in cover. Everything else out-flanks due to Khan. Techmarine goes in either Landraider or with the Tiguirius. Ironclad comes down and multi-assults tanks and troop. Hopefully blows up a tank or two. then next turnfew turns, everything out-flanks. Speeders drop down on the locator beacons and blow a few tanks then go infantry hunting. Plas-Devs go Thousand Sun hunting, my friend loves them. Everything else hopefully just mops un the remenants.

Feed back very much appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Some of your choices and tactics don't sound quite right. Can Tigurius choose a dedicated transport? Most independent characters can't. Devastators can't take beacons.

Units deploying by Drop Pod are not allowed to charge on the turn they arrive. That Ironclad will be an easy target for enemy meltaguns.

Plasma weapons aren't the way to kill Thousand Sons. Heavy bolters will do the job much better. Regular bolters will suffice.

I would re-think your use of outflanking. You'll be losing two turns of shooting from your heavy weapons, minimum. Using Tiggy is a smart call but I think you just aren't getting enough advantage to justify the costs.

In fact, I'm honestly surprised your opponents are having trouble against this list. Every unit you field has minimum size and maximum equipment...nothing that can survive a CSM charge. A typical Chaos player, for example, could lash Telion into the open for an easy, first-turn kill. Then, he singles out the bike squad when it arrives and you're left with no scoring units.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you recommend replacing the dread with a 10 man devastator squad with multi-meltas that combat squads when it comes in to kill a few tanks. Also, put the techmarine on a bike and leave in cover at start of the game. Take out the bikes and replace with a 10 man tac squad, las and melta gun with beacon, in a razorback. With leftover pts add scouts. Lastly get rid of rhino for tiguirius and put him in the landraider.

Would this work?

+ Reply to Thread