<2000 1500 points All comers (Mainly Marines in my area) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 points All comers (Mainly Marines in my area)

I was looking at an army that can take massive amounts of missile launchers. I know the land raiders can take the hits and keep comming. What do you think of the list?

Libarian 100

10x Tac Squad W/ Flamer+ML+powerfist 195

Land Raider 250
    Land Raider 250

5x Tac Squad + Razorback W/LC 165

Whirlwind 85

Total 1405. 95 points left

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

Not bad at all. Win the firefight then assault the enemy right back. Good. Think about extra armour on the Razors and Raiders as this might give them an extra round of shooting. That or another Whirlwind-one is never enough. They should cause enemy Devastator squads to move or die which is really useful in your case. The Librarian can debus with his squad and teleport to the enemy, so another good idea. You seem to be going in the right direction in my opinion.
    Last edited by adamwelton; April 11th, 2012 at 19:37.
    Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted to take another whirlwind but I could not. I used my 2 heavy support choices on the Landraiders. I really wish Tac squads could be bigger. The problem with extra armor is it will allow them to move but not shoot if they get stunned. Honestly they will probally sit back and shoot while the marines hold objectives. I wish I could take 2 Razorbacks for 1 squad so i could take the heavy weapon with the squad. Ohh! Good idea I wonder if I can do this!

Libarian 100

10x Tac Squad W/ Flamer+ML+powerfist Razorback W/TW-LC 270

Land Raider 250
    Land Raider 250

10 Tac Squad + Razorback W/LC 245

Whirlwind 85

Total 1395 points 105 left (Thinking second Libarian for the other squad)

Put the 2 10 man squads in the Land Raider then start out with the other 1 man squad broken up into 2 combat squads in 2 razorbacks. So it would be the list below purchased and seperated like the list above. This should be legal! let me know!

Libarian 100

Land Raider 250
    Land Raider 250

5 (W/Missile Launcher) Tac Squad (Combat Squaded) + Razorback W/LC

5 Tac Squad (Combat Squaded) (W/ Sergent + Flamer with Razorback W/LC purchased with the 10 man squad above)

Whirlwind 85

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

88 (x2)

You can take a Razorback for a full squad, and either leave it alone or use it to cart a combat squad around. You shouldn't be moving your heavy weapons anyway. A full Tac squad fill with Librarians, Razorbacks and Land Raiders/Whirlwinds/Vindicators is quite popular. You fit the Razorbacks with extra armour and Heavy Bolters/Assault Cannon and push the assault det in that way. The heavy det fires them in from a safe distance, or you leave them on your objective for pickup later. There is no need or the Land Raiders unless you absolutely have to have them, then they take the pace of several heavy units. You could even give the Whirlwind a miss as you end up with a lot of anti-horde firepower if you follow the suggestion I made about antipersonnel weaponry on the Razors.

Your plan is sound but bear in mind that a squad cannot start the game in another unit's transport. That's about it. The rest is quite well thought out.
    Last edited by adamwelton; April 11th, 2012 at 20:05.
    Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you think I should do with the last 105 points? I am not sure how to spend it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

88 (x2)

It depends on what you want your list to do. Extra Amour? HK Missiles for every wagon? Weapons upgrades for all the vehicles? Combi-flamer or melta for the squad Sergeants? Meltas instead of flamers in the assault dets? Just some ideas there for you. Upgrade the Librarians? Make one Tigurius? Your choice matey.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

If you are facing a lot of missile you may want to look into Terminators. With their 2+ armor they could care less about the AP3 from the missiles. I tried something out the other night that worked wonders that may work for you in this situation as well.
    10x Terminators w/2 CML -460 points, Put the Libby with them and gate around the table throwing out 4 missiles and 16 Storm Bolter shots. This will give your opponents missile squads some major issues. This is how I would fit them in your list if you still want to keep your Land Raiders too.

Libarian (Gate & Null Zone) 100

10x Terminators w/2x CML, 2x Chain Fists -470

Land Raider 250
    Land Raider 250

5x Tac Squad w/Power Weapon + Razorback W/LC 180

Whirlwind 85

Total 1500. 0 points left

Now you can throw your Tac Squads in the Land Raiders and the Razorbacks can just be mobile TL-Lascannons. And if you want you can always Combat Squad the Terminators to leave the 2 CML (4 Missiles) in 1 5-man squad while the other 5-man squad (with the Sgt. & Chain Fists) gate around with the Libby.
    Last edited by Col. Dracus; April 12th, 2012 at 19:04.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh nice idea. I do have the terminators (15/ 5x with TH-DD 10 assault) but I worry there is not enough troops. Thoes 2x tac squads are sitting ducks he will throw everything at them and I won't be able to take objections (which 2/3 of games are)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

But if they are sitting in Land Raiders most of their firepower is going to be wasted and the real threat is the Terminators that are taking out his missile squads. Remember that in Objective missions all you have to do is hold 1 and contest the others, you don't have to hold all the objectives.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Except some of the time it's 5 objectives so you need to hold more then he does and with only 2 scoring units your in trouble.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast