<2000 1750pts Crowe Cronies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750pts Crowe Cronies

Hi everyone, first post on these forums, but as the introduction thread is supposed to cover every game and army that is handled on these forums, and I don't plan to be posting much outside of the Grey Knights section, I'll just dive in here.

I'm also a member of a specific grey knights forum, but that doesn't offer the unique opportunity we have here; to get comments on army lists and battle reports from other army players as well. So I'll start by reposting here 2 1750pts army lists, the first one I've played with, and the second is an adaptation after comments that I haven't play tested yet.

Battle report to be found HERE (1750pts GK Crowe Cronies vs IG Outflanking Valkyrie)

First Army list

HQ:
    Crowe

Troops:
    3 x 6 Purifiers, 3 halberds, 2 Psycannons, 1 Hammer, Razorback with psybolt ammo
    5 Terminators, 4 Halberds, 1 Incinerator, 1 Hammer

Heavy:
    1 Nemesis Dreadknight with Teleporter, Hvy Incinerator
    1 Nemesis Dreadknight with Teleporter, Hvy Psycannon, Nemesis Greatsword
    1 Land Raider Redeemer with multi-melta, Psybolt and Psyflame ammo

Total: 1736

problems:
    - Crowe but not all that many purifiers
    - Dreadknight with Hvy Psycannon never once fired his psycannon in the battle mentioned above
    - Land Raider Redeemer's flames did well, but with troops inside this assault vehicle, they could have done an equally admirable job.
    - Psybacks did no damage at all

solution:

Second army list

HQ:
    Crowe

Troops:
    10 Purifiers, 4 Halberds, 4 Incinerators, 2 Hammers, Rhino
    ==> Will go into Land Raider
    10 Purifiers, 4 Halberds, 4 Psycannons, 2 Hammers, Rhino
    ==> will combat squad and 1 of the squads will steal the Rhino of first troop choice
    5 Purifiers, 2 Halberds, 2 Psycannons, 1 Hammer, Rhino

Heavy:
    2 x Nemesis Dreadknight, Teleporter, Hvy Incinerator, Greatsword
    Land Raider

Total: Exactly 1750 points.

Now I have a new problem though; this does not easily scale up to 2k points. 2 Dreadnoughts would be great, but can't because all my heavy slots are taken. Adding in Paladins or Termies will improve model count, but they would be walking, which is against the thought behind this army. The Idea here is that everything can move fast to close in on the enemy, then use the psycannons/flamers to wreak maximum havoc.

Thoughts, ideas, feedback are all welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

Second list looks better. The first rhino would be better given to Crowe leaving 5 scoring purifiers holding a home objective from cover with 4 psycannon as fire support.

To upgrade to 2000 take a storm raven and upgrade a rhino to razorback with Las/Plas.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New options, last few games i dropped the landraider, seeing as it was too close range anyway.

Lasbacks - Crowe - 6 purifiers, 3 halberds, 2 psycannons, hammer, rhino - 6 purifiers, 3 halberds, 2 psycannons, hammer, rhino - 5 purifiers, 2 halberds, 2 psycannons, hammer, rhino - 5 paladins, 4 halberds, 2 psycannons, hammer - Vindicare assassin - Nemesis Dreadknight, Sword, Hvy Incinerator, Personal teleporter - Nemesis Dreadknight, Sword, Hvy Incinerator, Personal teleporter

Rhinos - Crowe - 6 purifiers, 3 halberds, 2 psycannons, hammer, lasback - 6 purifiers, 3 halberds, 2 psycannons, hammer, lasback - 6 purifiers, 3 halberds, 2 psycannons, hammer, lasback - 5 paladins, 4 halberds, 2 psycannons, hammer - Nemesis Dreadknight, Sword, Hvy Incinerator, Personal teleporter - Nemesis Dreadknight, Sword, Hvy Incinerator, Personal teleporter

which do you think is better, 3 twin linked lascannons, or 1 assassin and 6 extra firing ports? I have noticed that often in objective games 1 or 2 of the rhinos just sit still on their objective and the purifiers shoot their psycannons from the hatch.

+ Reply to Thread