<2000 1850 mech storm ( loose Steel Legion theme) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 mech storm ( loose Steel Legion theme)

hq- CCS - carapace, 2 plasma, ML, and plasma pistol for comander, and astropath in chimera (multi laser, HF, Camo, Extra armor )

HQ 2- Commisar Yarrick

Elite 1- Storm Trooper Squad (10 models) 2 Plasma guns
    Elite 2- Storm Trooper Squad ( 9 models) 2 Plasma guns
    Elite 3- Storm trooper squad ( 5 models) 2 Meltas

troop 1- vet squad Grenadier 3 GL and Missile Sgt with bolt pistol in chimera (same as CCS)
    troop 2- vet squad Grenadier 3 GL and Missile Sgt with bolt pistol in chimera (same as CCS)
    troop 3- vet squad Grenadier 3 GL and Missile Sgt with bolt pistol in vendeta (listed below below)
    troop 4- vet squad 3 meltas in vendeta (listed below)

Fast 1- Vendetta with hellfury missiles ( for vet squad 3)
    fast 2- vendetta standard (for vet squad 4)

i believe this can be a fairly balanced list for competitive play. has enough troops for an objective game and enough killing power to take on any enemy. i was also thinking of dropping Yarrick to get a Demolisher. let me know if y'all have any thoughts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: If the CCS is to remain static with the ML then take HB on the chimera but personally I would keep them mobile with just 3-4 plasmas and maybe a standard.

Troops: Mechanised vets again I would drop the ML and upgrade to meltas or plasmas.

Fast: hellfury missiles are the biggest waste of time imaginable. standard vendettas are great and HB sponsons ar decent for the points.

Transports: Take ML+HF on most chimeras but think about ML+HB for those who will stay put and fire missile launchers from the hatch. Extra armour and camo are too expensive to be worth it on lowly chimeras.

If you ditch Yarrick who is not worth his considerable point cost you could get a cheap platoon on foot who can use MLs and GLs to provide fire support from cover
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Do you plan to use Yarrick to improve the Stormtroopers' leadership post-deepstike? I tried that kind of thing with Bastonne and never had success. Replacing him with a Demolisher is a sound plan; there's bound to be a worthy target at the 1850 level.

The list seems too dependent on one-shot deepstrikes to be truly competitive. In fact, I think the Stormtroopers should be the ones riding Chimeras. That lets them use their hellguns more effectively and, with skimmers, gives Scout to most of your list. Add a couple small infantry blobs or Penal Legions to run behind them for cleanup duty.

I don't mind hellfuries except it looks like your Vendys will be giving support fire. Our one-shot skimmer configurations work best when the skimmer's main duty is transport.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the idea of the list is to to a list that i can use against any army (if chosen at random) while being tactically diverse with the models i have, and yes i will drop yarrick to get a demolisher. I have the hell fury missiles on one of the Vendettas to deal with any horde forces since it can be fired as a defensive wepon. but by havng the ML and Gl helps keep the army in theme as well as have some diversity. i will consider the HB on the comand chimera since it may be stagnant most the time but i have been doing very well with having camo on my chimeras it has saved me tons of times. The tactics for the Stormtroopers is to drop them near enemy units to clear out objectives or pop tanks in the back field (though i wish the hot shots had more range or it was an assault 2 weapon).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

A standard Valkyrie with two missile pods is superior to helfury missiles. One less AP but they are not one shot so get to fire every turn.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

The tactics for the Stormtroopers is to drop them near enemy units to clear out objectives
    Generally impractical. Perhaps the most important reason for the popularity of mechanized lists is their ability to endure just this kind of deepstrike attack. Add in the use of cover to negate hellguns' AP and the total inability of Stormtroopers to survive a charge (without riding a Chimera), and the result is that you're much better off using artillery, Russes or Hellhounds to clear objectives.

One would think that large squads of Stormtroopers would survive better than small squads but such is not the case. They'll still get charged, lose combat by a wide margin, fail leadership and be swept off the table no matter how many you bring. (Which, incidentally, is how I came to discover Penal Legions. They trade guns and incidentals for decent CC and scoring status, a good move in my opinion. They are somewhat unreliable, granted, but more effective than Stormtroopers for everything not requiring meltaguns.)
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

+ Reply to Thread