<3000 What to do with 10k DA? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What to do with 10k DA?

Cheers in advance!
    Well I scrambled about in my big ol box of parts in the garage and found about 250 space marine models that I am still trying to put together! I have recently bought the 40k Apocalypse expansion book and was really interested in building those spare parts up and adding them to my companies of Dark angels! Although since I've never played any Apocalypse battles before I was wondering if I may have a few suggestions on how to organize and field my DA? Here's a list of what I have!(Aand am still trying to put together and paint)

x6 Dreds
    x5 LR's (one is WIP!)
    x1 Predator
    x1 Rhino
    x3 Landspeeders
    x55 Terminators
    x4 Chaplains
    x4 Librarians
    x4 Captains
    x2 Company Masters
    x30 Assault Marines
    x9 Bikes
    x3 Attack Bikes
    x7 Full Tactical Sqauds
    x2 Devastator sqauds
    x2 Command sqauds
    (*And assorted apothecaries and standard bearers..)
    Thank you for taking a quick browse at this and I'd like any comments on basicly how I can organize this army and use it in Apoc games.
    **Oh! and 3 Thunderhawks and 1 Titan I can get my hands on if I ask nicely.. hehe..))

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was thinking about putting up some pics when I get everything organized and ready to go as well, oh! And I'd love to hear peoples tips on transportation mostly I have found that Shoe-boxes with some hand towels to be the best, but anything better Im all hears! (Aside from spending a ridiculous amount to get a GW approved one.. )

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

Well, for one thing, there's an APOC data sheet for a full battle company. Then there's the titan hammer sheet. A thunderhawk to deliver the titanhammer unit would be nice...
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, I do not play apocalypse but I really do want to say one thing.... i want to go rooting around in your garage!!

On the issue of cases I like to use the compartmental craft boxes you can find at wall mart for like 2 buck a piece, they stack well and the little slide ins make it so you can fit multible type of models in them without then banging together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Don! I'll have to make a trip to Walmart this week!

And Marne.. About the data sheet. I currently don't have a Apocalypse book, but You have to bring a certain formation when you play? you cannot simply just bring units they have to come in a certain fashion?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

I don't have APOC, either, but most data sheets give you a little flexibility in terms of how many units to involve. For example, a fictional data sheet for a unit consisting of a ravenwing squadron and whirlwinds where anything the squardon has LOS to, the whirlwind(s) can shoot at as though they had LOS might say "one RAS and 1-4 whirlwinds." In terms of the battle company data sheet, I don't remember the bonuses that you get, but it obviously consists of 6, 2, and 2...and a captain (maybe a command squad, don't remember), while the titan hammer data sheet requires, IIRC, that the entire squad(s?) of termies have TH/SS, and gives dramatic bonuses against titans. There are two deathwing-specific data sheets that I know of, but I don't remember anything at all about them! Sorry...

You don't have to use any data sheets, you can just take a pile of models... The appeal of the data sheets is that (for a cost) you get some kind of special bonus. Without them, APOC is kind of boring.... Just a really big game with no FOC.
    Last edited by Marnepup; May 7th, 2012 at 05:47.

jboweruk

I like Apoc as it gives you huge freedom, models don't matter, but you can so much more easily set up a storyline. I organised 2 such games for my club, and a good time was had by all, though on the downside in 3 hours we only got to turn 3 on one and turn 2 on another. , but still everybody enjoyed it, and that was the main thing.
    The data sheets give you certain bonuses as marnepup said, but not a huge amount of flexibility in the organisation. Some, but not a lot. And I never seem to quite have the models, my suggestion is to have the Apoc book before you build the models, and then you can see how you want to do it, and don't forget there's also re-load, which has more sheets, and if my memory serves a couple more scenarios as well as more Strategic assetts.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

298 (x8)

Yeah, the assets are fun, too. My thinking about the data sheets is to look at what I've already decided to play with to see if there are any sheets that fit with, or are very close to, what I want to use, then decide whether the bonus is worth the points cost and any minor changes to my order of battle that are needed. Since I think the idea of plopping down an entire battle company of marines set-piece is awesome, so I'd definitely take a hard look at that data sheet to see if I want to use it. Also, the two deathwing sheets that I vaguely remember consist primarily of terminators, if you're doing a deathwing or deathwing-heavy APOC list... Why not? I wouldn't really use data sheets as a guide for what to collect, though.

One thing to beware of in APOC: if you do nothing else right, give everything, I mean everything, a transport. The same template D-weapon that would pop a rhino while leaving the passengers unscathed would kill eight of the ten marines inside if it caught them on foot instead!
    Last edited by Marnepup; May 9th, 2012 at 06:25.

+ Reply to Thread