<1000 Grandmaster Ragnos Tournament list review 1000 points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grandmaster Ragnos Tournament list review 1000 points

Now i went to a tournament this month with a list i had posted on the forum and it won me 2 out my three games and the last game was one i lost with my team mate who was playing imperial guard and since then i have had bit review on my playing style and the effect of separating a bigger unit of greyknights to gain the advantage of my two base troop being covered and allowing me to bring some paladin fire-power into the list instead of using Terminators so the list looks like this now.

1000 point Greyknight armylist (Ragnos)

HQ

Grandmaster with incinerator, Nemesis Daemon Hammer, 185 points (Grandmaster Ragnos)

Troops

5x Greyknight strike squad with Pyscannon, Nemesis daemon hammer Pysbolt ammunition 140 points
    5x Greyknight strike squad with Pyscannon, With Pysbolt ammunition 130 points

Elite

4x GreyKnight Paladin Squad with 2x Pyscannon, 3 ForceHalberds 1 Nemesis Daemon Hammer, Pysbolt ammunition 280 points

Heavy

Dreadnought with Assault cannon and Pysbolt ammunition 130 points (Mini Pysflame but with the use of a CC weapon)

Dreadnought with 2x Twinlinked Autocannon and Pysbolt Ammunition 135 points

1000 points

Last edited by DarkSwarm; April 30th, 2012 at 23:59.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

Im not a fan of putting Hammers/fists on any model that has an Initiative value over 4, as it means you are taking away his ability to strike first against most models, and gaining the ability to die before striking (not a great trade off).

Psybolts.... As the list stands at the moment, illegal and all (Paladins must be 5 strong before taking any psycannons), you are paying 60pts to have 10 models gain 1 point of strength in the shooting phase, not very cost effecient.

If you wish to run with Paladins at 1000pts may I suggest Corteaz and Henchmen, something like this:

=HQ=

Corteaz

=TROOP=

Henchmen - 4x Psykers, 5x Storm Bolter Acolytes, Chimera
    Henchmen - 5x DCA, 5x Acolytes, Chimera
    Henchmen - 5x DCA, 5x Acolytes, Chimera

=ELITE=

Paladins x5 - Hammer+MC-PC, Halberd+MC-PC, Halberd+SB, MC-Halberd+SB, Sword+SB

=HEAVY=

Dreadnaught - 2x TL Autocannons, Psybolts

=1000pts

Sure it takes away the tactical flexibility of Grand Strategy, but everything in the list has a role to play, and are all very good at said roles. Paladins steal Psyker units chimera unless deepstriking.

Just something to think about.

-Poke-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i see the mistake i made there well if i was going to go with the List i wanted i would need to remove the Pysbolts so the list would look like this

HQ

Grandmaster with incinerator, Nemesis Daemon Hammer, 185 points (Grandmaster Ragnos)

Troops

5x Greyknight strike squad with Pyscannon, Nemesis daemon hammer 120 points
    5x Greyknight strike squad with Pyscannon, 110 points

Elite
    5x GreyKnight Paladin Squad with 2x Pyscannon, 3 ForceHalberds 1 Nemesis Daemon Hammer, 1 force sword 315 points

Heavy

Dreadnought with Assault cannon and Pysbolt ammunition 130 points

995 points

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x2)

With 5 points left over, any reason why you don't upgrade the Assaultcannon dread to an Autocannon one?
    "The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas." - Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found it useful to have one with some good cc abilities as he can one shot with his nemesis doom fist passing his pyschic test. and the assault cannon still a str 7 weapon which also rendering as i see it =). I mean yesterday he was the one who saved the other dread by one shoting a greater deamon (Yes it is immune to instant death but i was able to kill it in one round of combat) but this is when things got to close for comfort xD, So it's my cc tank and monster buster =)
    Last edited by DarkSwarm; May 2nd, 2012 at 22:24.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSwarm View Post
    I found it useful to have one with some good cc abilities as he can one shot with his nemesis doom fist passing his pyschic test. and the assault cannon still a str 7 weapon which also rendering as i see it =). I mean yesterday he was the one who saved the other dread by one shoting a greater deamon (Yes it is immune to instant death but i was able to kill it in one round of combat) but this is when things got to close for comfort xD, So it's my cc tank and monster buster =)
    That's fair enough. May as well use the remaining 5 points to mastercraft the hammer in the Paladin squad then.
    "The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas." - Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep i see no reason why not as combined with my Grandmaster they are actually most hard hitting things in list =3 So it looks like this now =D

HQ

Troops

5x Greyknight strike squad with Pyscannon, Nemesis daemon hammer 120 points
    5x Greyknight strike squad with Pyscannon, 110 points

Elite
    5x GreyKnight Paladin Squad with 2x Pyscannon, 3 ForceHalberds 1 (Master Crafted) Nemesis Daemon Hammer, 1 force sword 320 points

Heavy

Dreadnought with Assault cannon and Pysbolt ammunition 130 points

1000 points

+ Reply to Thread