<1000 750 Point Cadians - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

750 Point Cadians

Hey guys,

So I'm new here, and am sort of hoping for some feedback on the army list I have written up for 750 points. I haven't really played 40k much before, and am entirely new to Imperial Guard. Mostly looking to make sure that this is viable play wise. It's designed primarily around being effective against power armoured foes, hence the heavy bolter and plasma gun combination in the infantry squads. To the best of my knowledge, the armies I will be playing this against regularly will include Blood Angels, Tyranids and Chaos Marines. The Bane Wolf's intended use is also as a power armoured troop hunter with it's AP 3, while the Leman Russ Vanquisher is my dedicated tank hunter and heavy hitter.
    750pt Army List:

HQ:
    Company Command Squad (60); vox-caster, regimental standard.

Troops:
    Infantry Platoon:
    Platoon Command Squad (35); vox-caster.
    Infantry Squad (80); plasmagun, vox-caster, heavy bolter.
    Infantry Squad (80); plasma gun, vox-caster, heavy bolter.

Infantry Platoon:
    Platoon Command Squad (35); vox-caster.
    Infantry Squad (80); plasmagun, vox-caster, heavy bolter.
    Infantry Squad (80); plasma gun, vox-caster, heavy bolter.

Fast Attack:
    Bane Wolf (130); chem cannon, heavy flamer.

Heavy Support:
    Leman Russ Vanquisher (170); vanquisher battle cannon, lascannon.

750points.

So, comments? Would it be worth my time swapping out a platoon for a veteran squad and putting plasmaguns and heavy bolters in my command squads, and maybe throwing in a lascannon armed sentinel? As far as models go, I currently have a Cadian Battleforce box and a Hellhound box. I am intending to buy some more models to fill out the 750 point, and then 1000 point. This list is meant as a base for building a larger army.

Thanks for reading!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputation
    1547 (x8)

HQ
    Company Command Squad
    Give them melta or plasma guns never waste BS4 models without any good weapons. I'm not to crazy about vox networks so you should drop it for more firepower.

Troops
    Platoon Command Squad
    Give them flamers or grenade launchers I would never waste the chance to take four special weapons.

Infantry Squad
    Flamers and grenade launchers will work well here with the heavy bolters. You could also swap out the heavy bolters for autocannons. That way you have more strength to blow up those transports and light vehicles.

Fast Attack
    Good

Heavy Support
    I would drop the vanquisher it will hit 50% of the time and after all the vehicles are blown up it becomes useless. When I first started playing I used them but now I use medusa's or the leman russ battle tank.

One last note putting lascannons on scout sentinels seems like a waste to me on a bs3 model. I would rather have a vendetta gunship with the three twin linked lascannons.
    Last edited by nacho cheese; May 23rd, 2012 at 23:27. Reason: Sure
    Waffles waffles waffles waffles?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Welcome to Guard!

Would it be worth my time swapping out a platoon for a veteran squad
    A good idea. This would allow a heavy weapon-toting platoon to be your defense, while a Veteran squad and CCS in Chimeras handle your offense. If you feel partial to lots of infantry instead then hold off on the Russ and use the saved points to add a couple Commissars and more weaponry.

I know, I know, "Veterans in Chimeras" is what everybody is doing. But the Chimeras really are a good investment, no matter what kind of list you decide to run. I do a infantry blob & Russ list and still use a couple of them almost every time. Think about tank shocking, for example. No Marine opponent is going to voluntarily clump a squad together for your Bane Wolf to incinerate, right? Well, if you tank shock the enemy with a Chimera first then you can force them to pack together, maximizing the BW's effectiveness. (Even if you don't tank shock, the enemy will be forced to line up when he charges the Chimera.) Or, you can tank shock to forge a path onto an enemy-held objective, denying it at the last moment of a game.

Heavy bolters aren't going to work for your initial selection of heavy weapons. They're dedicated anti-infantry tools, ineffective against the Rhinos beloved by Marines or the larger Tyranid critters. Autocannons or missile launchers are worth the additional cost. Either is fine (as is the lascannon) but I would recommend the missile launcher here. It'll negate the Feel No Pain rule, which is very common in Blood Angel and CSM armies, and let you one-shot Tyranid Warriors and their equivalents. Autocannons are preferred for killing vehicles but Tyranids and some Blood Angels don't have any.

Choose the standard Battle Tank for your first Russ. It's very well-balanced and effective against all but the most extreme armies in 40k. The Vanquisher isn't going to find any worthy targets in a small game, anyway.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

+ Reply to Thread