<2000 1k SW Tourney list - Help! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

1k SW Tourney list - Help!

I am about to take part in an upcoming tourney 1000pts match. I need help and advice on my list, what i should change and best to use it since this is the first time and i may not have time to play test it:

Rune Priest = 100p
    Rune Priest = 100p

Dreadnaught w/ TL Lascannon = 135p

2x 8 GH + 1 WG w/ SB and PF = 322p
    5 GH + 1 WG with Bolter = 93p

Fast Attack

5 fenrisian wolves = 40

6 Long Fangs, 5 ML = 140

Dedicated Transport

2x Rhino = 70p

TOTAL: 1000p

RUNE PRIEST POWERS: #1 JOWW and mabye LL, #2 Sorm Call + LL OR LL + JOWW

the first rune priest joins one of the 8 GH squads and uses his powers from the Rhinos. The goal of the 8 GH is to hold back the enemy and seize ground without being to offensive. the 5 stay back and take closest objectives, or help out where ever they are needed and are pretty flexible. I had 40pts left so i just took the wolves but i was thinking like the 5 GH they could help with what ever needed doing out or maybe defend the longfangs. the dreadnought and the long fangs will be near each other with the Rune preist to help them out/give them cover saves. My other rune priest idea was to put him in the other rhino and do the same as the first but i am still undecided. I have play tested the 5 GH idea and the dread with LF and both workout fine for there role. I was thinking of giving JOWW for the one with the GH but i was not shure about for the second power, mabye LL. The one at the back i was thinking LL and Storm caller (srry if thats wrong, my codex is in french). advice and feed back will be needed, the tournament will be soon. Advice would be helpful

"They are coming! I feel them scratching inside my mind, scratching, running, so many... so many voices. They"re coming for us - flesh, body and soul"
    -Tyranid Codex

2. Remove Advertisements

1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

25 (x1)

I would drop the dread and the wolves.

1 rune priest, living lightning, jaws of the world wolf, wolf tooth talisman 105
    5 wolf scouts, melta 85
    2 wolf guard, combi-melta, pw 66
    3x 7 grey hunters, melta gun, wolf standard, mark of the wolfen, rhino 510
    2x 5 long fangs, 4 ML 230

This will offer you more firepower and better cc capabilities. You have enough dakka to take down any vehicle by splitting ML fire and you have five melta and LL. Add in rune priest and more WG and some TWC as you expand to 1250 - 1500.
    Last edited by bebe; June 20th, 2012 at 03:57.

+ Reply to Thread