IG Vs. De 2,000 pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IG Vs. De 2,000 pts

OK, army list so far . . .

HQ: Company Command Squad (305 pts)
    . . 4 Company Command Squad, (Medi-pack; Plasma gun x3)
    . . . . [b]1 Company Commander (Plasma Pistol)
    . . . . 1 Astropath
    . . . . 1 Bodyguard
    . . . . 1 Bodyguard
    . . . . 1 Master of Ordnance
    . . . . 1 Chimera (Turret Multi-Laser; Hull Heavy Flamer; Extra Armor; Pintle Storm Bolter)

Troops: Infantry Platoon (655 pts)
    . . 1 Infantry Platoon
    . . . . 4 Platoon Command Squad (Medi-pack; Plasma gun x3)
    . . . . . . 1 Platoon Commander (Plasma Pistol)
    . . . . . . 1 Chimera (Turret Multi-Laser; Hull Heavy Flamer; Extra Armor; Pintle Storm Bolter)
    . . . . 9 Infantry Squad (Plasma gun x1)
    . . . . . . 1 Sergeant (Plasma Pistol)
    . . . . . . 1 Chimera (Turret Multi-Laser; Hull Heavy Flamer; Extra Armor; Pintle Storm Bolter)
    . . . . 9 Infantry Squad (Plasma gun x1)
    . . . . . . 1 Sergeant (Plasma Pistol)
    . . . . 3 Heavy Weapons Squad (Autocannon x3)
    . . . . 3 Heavy Weapons Squad (Autocannon x3)

Troops: Veteran Squad (215 pts)
    . . 7 Veteran Squad (Plasma gun x3)
    . . . . 1 Veteran Heavy Weapon Team (Autocannon)
    . . . . 1 Veteran Sergeant (Plasma Pistol)
    . . . . 1 Chimera (Turret Multi-Laser; Hull Heavy Flamer; Extra Armor; Pintle Storm Bolter)

Fast Attack: Armoured Sentinel Squadron (225 pts)
    . . 1 Armoured Sentinel Squadron
    . . . . 1 Armoured Sentinel (Plasma Cannon)

Heavy Support: Hydra Flak Tank Battery (130 pts)
    . . 1 Hydra Flak Tank Battery
    . . . . 1 Hydra Flak Tank (Heavy Bolter; Camo Netting; Extra Armor; Hunter-killer Missile; Pintle Heavy Stubber)

Heavy Support: Leman Russ Squadron (210 pts)
    . . 1 Leman Russ Squadron
    . . . . 1 Leman Russ Battle Tank (Lascannon; Heavy Bolter Sponsons x2; Extra Armor; Pintle Storm Bolter)

Heavy Support: Manticore Rocket Launcher (215 pts)
    . . 1 Manticore Rocket Launcher (Hull Heavy Bolter; Camo Netting; Extra Armor; Pintle Storm Bolter)

Total Roster Cost: 1,955 pts

Thoughts? Feedback? Got 45pts to play with, was wondering if I should take the Chimera off the two Infantry Squads in the Platoon and buy another Veteran Squad in Chimera? Then I could use the two footslogger squads as bubble wrap?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have much experience playing against a dark elder army so don't quote me. Haven't they got 5+ saves but in fast lowly armoured vehicles? They do have good shooting but mostly like to get into CC? Looking trough your list, it seems you really like plasma. I play a similar CCS with plasmas for good BS 4 shots but other that that I give my other units autocannons and g launchers or flamers. Your one plasma shot in your infantry squads are going to be shooting at something hard and the rest are going to be sitting about doing nothing. If I was playing DE I would bring lots of medium weapons (those autocannon teams are perfect), popping ther transports then ordnance and flaming anyone still alive. Also you have extra armour on everything, that's 120pts you could spend on a vendetta or a hellhound or something. I'm also not a fan of camp cloaks, battle tanks are av14, next to nothing can take these on long ranged so sit them at the back and shoot stuff. The mandicore can fire out of line of sight. At Av12 these should not be in line of sight. Sit behind a building and blast everything, 50 extra points. Remeber you can't shoot your battle cannon then your sponsons? I don't like hydras, strength 7 isn't anything special. For the same 130 points you could take a vendetta. Owns the air and owns the ground. Give them a squad to drop off and you have a game Winner. Hope I've not been too critical. 235pts you have on upgrades on your vehicles, for that you could take a pask punisher, finding an extra 15 points you could have a 20 shot S6, 9 shot S6 ap 4 all firing at bs 4 light armoured vehicle destroyer.
    Last edited by Talldarkandhandsome; December 19th, 2012 at 14:17.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly you have a ton of points soaked into plasma and your CCS. I like the Hydra Flak tank, that will be boss against his skimmers. If you want to keep the sentinels I would add autocannons instead of the plasma cannons. My own personal preference is to not put heavy weapons in squads that are mobile. I agree with the extra armor comment above, it's pretty much unnecessary....take all those points you saved on plasma/EA and get another Russ (can't never have too many!)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    720 (x8)

In case this thread might contain some information relevant to IG players I moved it over to where it belongs: the Imperial Guard Army Lists
    Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    417 (x7)

This list is obviously a 5th edition army roster, and imho it's better if it's closed. It made its time.
    I don't use Vendettas or Valks...if Guardsmen were meant to fly, the Emperor would have given them wings. (343rd Mordian)
    The battle for Hidaxes SubSector (Listwar)! 184th Cadian blog: 184th.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Useful. Keep the plasmas as DE can have some 2+ sve infantryand the AP2 is great at getting +1 on the vehicle damage table. Being rappid fire and against fast moving opponents you will need to move the tank so drop master of ordnance and the body guards and the medic. If you want to reduce overheats carapace is cheaper and allows a 4th plasma gun or a regimental standard.

Troops: PCS - plasma isn't that great for the cost on BS3 models. Go for 4 flamers and keep them cheap. Infantry squads I would have a GL. HWS are good. Veterans should drop the AC and pistol. Transports Drop all the upgrades apart from stubbers if you plan on being stationary a lot otherwise a snap firing S4 gun isn't worth 10 points.

Fast: Expensive and fast moving dark eldar can very easily be shooting you on the flank armour. Scout sentinels with AC could be fun but really a vendetta or two would be my reccomendation to provide air cover and vehicle popping.

Heavy: Keep the Hydra vanilla as you can almost afford 2 for the same cost. Read the rules for heavy vehicles as that is what a leman russ is now so even if you fire ordnance while stationary all other weapons can only snap fire. Drop all the upgrades and just buy more tanks. Side sponsons are great if the main gun isn't ordnance. Manticore again drop all the kit.

Overall with all the cuts I have outlined you now have about 400 - 500 points to spare and an army that is only 10% less effective. Get some more troops with some of that and don't spend too many points on upgrades.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    417 (x7)

what's the point in suggesting updates to a 5th edition list in a thread started 9 months ago?
    I don't use Vendettas or Valks...if Guardsmen were meant to fly, the Emperor would have given them wings. (343rd Mordian)
    The battle for Hidaxes SubSector (Listwar)! 184th Cadian blog: 184th.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

Well I assume the individual in question may have had a spark of genius and done something you may not have thought him capable of. Namely bought a 6th edition rulebook and wanted to upgrade his list.

Don't tell me you throw all your models in the trash and start again from scratch every time they release a new 40K edition.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

417 (x7)

that wasn't my point, and your advices are very sound for 6th. Still, i think it's a wasted effort on your part, also because the OP seems inactive and thus not interested in this post

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

Sorry Frost, and you are right I didn't spot that it was an older thread. But it was others who resurected it earlier today so I thought it was current.

Apart from the heavy vehicle vs Ordnance part of my post it all applies to 5th edition too I suppose.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast