2000 pt Space Marine - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pt Space Marine

This is my foray back into regular 40k after a couple of years of kill team. It is a footslogger list as it has been created from all of the random marines I have collected from various lot purchases over the years.

I am not set on which chapter tactic yet, but am leaning toward Ultramarine as I have a Calgar mini I would like to eventually ally in somehow.

++ SM Gladius Strike Force (Space Marines: Codex (2015)) [2000pts] ++

+ Core +

Formation: Battle Demi-Company [995pts]
    Assault Squad: x10 marines; Eviscerator x1, Flamer x2, sgt w/Power weapon
    Captain: Artificer Armor, Power Fist, Storm Bolter, Teleport homer
    Devastator Squad: x5 marines x4 missile launchers w/ Flakk
    Tactical Squad: x10 marines Heavy Bolter, Flamer Sgt w/ boltgun, powerfist
    Tactical Squad: x10 marines Heavy Bolter, Flamer Sgt w/ bolt pistol, chainsword
    Tactical Squad: x10 marines Heavy Bolter, Flamer Sgt w/ bolt pistol, chainsword

+ Command +

Formation: Librarius Conclave [540pts]
    Chief Librarian Tigurius
    Librarian: Psyker Level 2, Force Sword, Plasma Pistol
    Librarian: Psyker Level 2, Bolt Pistol, Force Sword

+ Auxiliary +

Formation: 1st Company Task Force [465pts]
    Sternguard Veteran Squad: x5 marines combi-meltas x2
    Sternguard Veteran Squad: x5 marines combi-meltas x2
    Terminator Assault Squad: Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield x3, Two Lightning Claws x2

+ No Force Org Slot +

Chapter Tactics: Ultramarines

++ Total: [2000pts]

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by trollzwei; April 3rd, 2017 at 23:08. Reason: cleaned up formating

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

First off, welcome back to 40k. Secondly, that army list is very hard to read (for me anyway). Just write.....

10 Marines, Heavy Bolter, Flamer.

It's simple and easy.

As for the actual list. To be honest mate, it's not great. I'm not saying it's unplayable but you wont win many games with it. You have nothing to kill tanks at range - 4 Missile launchers aren't going to kill anything other than light transports. Heavy Bolters an flamers are OK but there are better weapons to get. Get some Heavier weapons in there. Plasma guns, Grav Cannons and so forth. If you want to stand still/Advance then plasma guns and a Heavy Bolter isn't a bad bet but I'd still grab a Grav Cannon as you can hurt just about anything in the game. Then give the sergeant a Combi-Weapon for added fire power.

The Sternguard squads. How exactly are they going to use their Combi-Meltas? With no drop pods they're going to have to walk to the enemy and only if the enemy is being kind will they actually get there. They need drop pods, they really do.

Lastly, the Captain. I only give characters Unwieldy weapons if they have eternal warrior, otherwise you'll get killed by Ork Nobz or Marine sergeants. You'd be better off having a lightning claw or Relic blade or maybe just a Chaplain with a Jump pack to lead the assault squad.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    355 (x8)

I agree with what Borak says. Personally I'd put those Missile Launchers in the Tactical Squads instead of Heavy Bolters, then combat squad the Tacs to allow the Missiles to stay back and fire at targets of opportunity. Replace the Flamers with Plasma Guns to extend your range, and give the Devastators Lascannons for punch. Also drop the special melee weapons on the Tac sergeants as they should focus on shooting, not hand to hand.

You can get these points by dropping a Librarian or two, and then I'd give the Sternguard plasma instead of melta if they're footslogging, and then change your Assault sergeant from a sword to an axe.

Finally, I know you like Ultramarine tactics, but if you drop Tigurius then Imperial Fist tactics might serve you better. Heck, that would also allow you to swap out your Captain for Pedro Kantor, who would benefit your entire army.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My apologies about the formatting, it was a quick battle scribe copy/paste. I didn't realize it would look so bad. I will correct this evening.

Thanks for the input. I will dig around in the bits box and see how much plasma I can switch in.

I hadn't really thought of going crimson fists. Last I knew I had a kit bash counts as Pedro Cantor around I will look at doing that swap as well. No reason Tiggy can't be just another librarian.

+ Reply to Thread