[3000] Armoured Company - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

[3000] Armoured Company

Being the threadhead that I am, it is amazing that I've haven't made and posted an Armoured Company armylist untill now. This is a future project for me, that I will get working on as soon as my "regular" IG are done.

Now, why such a huge army? Isn't 3000 points a bit of an overkill? Well, it might be, but Imperal Armour suggests that superheavy tanks like the Baneblade only should be used in games over 2000 points because else it might unbalance the game, and its one of the goals of this army to let me field a behemoth like that... together with a alot of other tanks. I am a threadhead afterall. So, let the roar of threads fill the air accompanied by the thundering of the biggest guns the Imperial Guard habe at their disposal! Smashing the Heretic and the Xeno scum alike!

Armoured Company Rules

Armoured Company Tanks

List format:

Force Organisation Chart
    Unit name
    • Upgrade 1
    • Upgrade 2

Any comments that I may think of.
    Unit pointcost, Total pointcost

Doctrines:

Ace Gunners
    Ace Drivers
    Improved Sponsoons
    Rare Troops: Leman Russ Vanquisher

Ace Gunners... well, take a look at the AC rules for yourselves, reroll 1's AND reroll the scatterdie once. This upgrade is just plain nasty. I would have taken it even if i "only" could reroll scatter.
    Ace Drivers, well... the rules said that the Command Tank had to spend more or the same number of points on upgrades as the regular tanks, so I gave mine an Ace Driver to make it more.
    Taking General nuke 'em's advice, I gave my Russes the Improved Sponsoons doctrine for extra AP2 fun. Now most of my tanks are devastatingly effective against... everything

HQ: Command Tank
    Leman Russ Vanquisher
    • Improved Comms(Free)
    • Ace Gunner
    • Hull Heavy Bolter
    • Heavy Bolter Sponsoon
    • Smoke Laucher
    • Extra Armour

Improved Comms are a free upgrade, doctrines are explained above. Las- and plasmacannons for extra AP2. Smoke and Extra Armour for survivability. Searchlight as a pointfiller
    323p, 323p
    Troop 1:
    Leman Russ Battle Tank
    • Improved Sponsoons
    • Hull Lascannon
    • Plasma Cannon Sponsoons
    • Ace Gunner
    • Smoke Launcher
    • Extra Armour

EDIT2: Now that I use Vanquishers instead of Demolishers I'll put plasma cannons on these two tanks aswell.
    208p, 531p
    Troop 2:
    Leman Russ Battle Tank
    • Improved Sponsoons
    • Hull Lascannon
    • Ace Gunner
    • Smoke Launcher
    • Extra Armour

Same as above.
    208p, 739p
    Elites 1: Tank Ace
    Leman Russ Vanquisher
    • Tank Ace
    • Hull Heavy Bolter
    • Heavy Bolter Sponsoons
    • Ace Gunner
    • Smoke Launcher
    • Extra Armour
    • Searchlight

As suggested, tank aces are now Vanquishers instead of Demolishers.
    289p, 1028

Troop 3:
    Leman Russ Battle Tank
    • Improved Sponsoons
    • Hull Lascannon
    • Ace Gunner
    • Smoke Launcher
    • Extra Armour

Long range ap3, with lots of ap2.
    208p, 1236
    Troop 4:
    Leman Russ Battle Tank
    • Improved Sponsoons
    • Hull Lascannon
    • Ace Gunner
    • Smoke Launcher
    • Extra Armour

Same as above.
    208p, 1444
    Elites 2: Tank Ace
    Leman Russ Vanquisher
    • Tank Ace
    • Hull Heavy Bolter
    • Heavy Bolter Sponsoons
    • Ace Gunner
    • Smoke Launcher
    • Extra Armour
    • Searchlight

Like the last one. Demolisher becomes Vanquisher.
    289p, 1733
    Fast Attack 1
    Armoured Fist Squad
    • Chimera
    • Turret Multi-laser
    • Hull Heavy Bolter
    • Pintle Heavy Stubber
    • Smoke Launcher
    • Veteran sergeant with Laspistol and Close Combat Weapon

Added to capture objectives. Since I don't know how Vox works in Armoured companies I added a veteran sergeant instead because of the extra leadership. No heavy or special weapons for point reasons. Besides, these guys are going to ride around in their Chimera and hide near objectives and hope that nothing nasty comes their way.
    166p, 1899
    Fast Attack 2
    Armoured Fist Squad
    • Chimera
    • Turret Multi-laser
    • Hull Heavy Bolter
    • Pintle Heavy Stubber
    • Smoke Launcher
    • Veteran sergeant with Laspistol and Close Combat Weapon

Se above entry.
    166p, 2065
    Fast Attack 3
    Sentinel Squadron
    • 2 Cadian Pattern Sentinels

I don't think any upgrades are neccessary, there are alot of bigger, scarier targets to shoot at.
    100p, 2165p
    Heavy Support 1
    Leman Russ Demolisher
    • Hull Lascannon
    • Ace Gunner
    • Smoke Launchers
    • Extra Armour

The big guns speaks for themselves.
    193p, 2358
    Special Detachement:
    Baneblade Super Heavy Tank
    • Smoke Launchers

I've been thinking of getting one of these since i first saw one, It'll fit in well in an Armoured Company aswell. Its huge and its expensive, but i still want it.
    634p, 2995

EDIT: Dropped Basilisks. Dropped Hunter Killer Missiles. Saved 340 points. Added two armoured fist squads @ 166 points each. Added the anti-tank round doctrine. Don't have the points to apply it to anything yet though.

EDIT2: Going to switch my Demolishers for Vanquishers as suggested. Might have to drop a tank in order to afford it though. I gave the first two Russes Improved Sponsoons and Plasma Cannons to make up for the lost AP2 for the Demolishers. Removed Troop 5&6 to make room points for new Demolisher, this time bought as a Heavy Support Choice.
    Had a few points left over after dropping the two Russes, so I added in two Autocannon Sentinels and put some a smoke launcher on the Baneblade. Five points left over now, but I'm not sure what to do with them.

EDIT3: Minor modifications. Some spellchecking.

Last edited by Kaiser; June 14th, 2005 at 21:22.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What happened to the armour fist squads?? You wont be able to take / hold objectives. The Anti - armour weapons are only lascannons and plasma cannons. Add vanquisher! use tem as Hq and elite. Nice range and good armour penetration weapon. Use the Anti - tank shell Doctrine put it to a few standard Leman Russ. Works well. The basilisk with indirect fire will be screwed with assaulting armies. Use Demolishers there. I have a 2000pt list and working on adding another 1000pts (I have a baneblade and it will be going in, Nice carnage tank!)

Doctrines used:
    Anti - tank rounds,
    Rare units (Vanquisher),
    Ace sponson gunners,
    Anti - mag

HQ

Command Tank [310]
    · Leman Russ Vanquisher
    · Vanquisher Battle Cannon
    · Co – axel Storm Bolter
    · Mounted Heavy Bolter
    · Heavy Bolter Sponsons
    · Improved Comms
    · Anti – mag
    · Ace Sponson Gunners

Elite

Tank Ace [275]
    · Leman Russ Vanquisher
    · Co – axel Storm Bolter
    · Mounted Heavy Bolter
    · Heavy Bolter Sponsons
    · Anti – mag
    · Ace Sponson Gunners

Tank Ace [275]
    · Leman Russ Vanquisher
    · Co – axel Storm Bolter
    · Mounted Heavy Bolter
    · Heavy Bolter Sponsons
    · Anti – mag
    · Ace Sponson Gunner

Troop

Leman Russ [175]
    · Battle Cannon
    · Mounted Heavy Bolter
    · Heavy Bolter Sponsons
    · Anti - Tank Rounds

Leman Russ [175]
    · Battle Cannon
    · Mounted Heavy Bolter
    · Heavy Bolter Sponsons
    · Anti - Tank Rounds

Fast Attack

Armoured Fist Squad [156]
    · Meltagun
    · Mounted in Chimera
    o Multi – Laser
    o Mounted Heavy Bolter
    o Searchlight

Armoured Fist Squad [156]
    · Meltagun
    · Mounted in Chimera
    o Multi – Laser
    o Mounted Heavy Bolter
    o Searchlight

Hellhound [125]
    · Inferno Cannon
    · Mounted Heavy Bolter
    · Track Guards
    · Smoke Launchers

Heavy Support

Leman Russ Demolisher [175]
    · Demolisher Cannon
    · Mounted Lascannon
    · Plasma Cannon Sponsons

Leman Russ Demolisher [175]
    · Demolisher Cannon
    · Mounted Lascannon
    · Plasma Cannon Sponsons

Grand Total = 2,000 Pts

Works well for me the logic and theory behind my list has bee tested and I have consolted many a staff member and all say this will work.

Remember that Armoured Companies either win VICTORIOUSLY or they carsh and burn. Aslo consider the differnt types of armies that you will face (Assaulting, Holds ground etc) and if they are a hoard army (Nids and orks).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Dusky_Sal
    What happened to the armour fist squads?? You wont be able to take / hold objectives. The Anti - armour weapons are only lascannons and plasma cannons. Add vanquisher! use tem as Hq and elite. Nice range and good armour penetration weapon. Use the Anti - tank shell Doctrine put it to a few standard Leman Russ. Works well. The basilisk with indirect fire will be screwed with assaulting armies. Use Demolishers there. I have a 2000pt list and working on adding another 1000pts (I have a baneblade and it will be going in, Nice carnage tank!)
    I guess I got exited at the thought of being able to field so many tanks that i forgot about them. They've been added now, i made a short list of what changes I made to the list at the end of my above post.
    Demolishers have been replaced by Vanquishers. Makes sense to use them as HQ and elites because of the higher BS. I'm surprised I didn't think of that myself. Oh well, I suppose BS4 plasmacannons would have been good aswell.
    Basilisks have been removed to make room for Armoured Fist squads. My Demolisher is now fielded as a Heavy Support Choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusky_Sal
    Works well for me the logic and theory behind my list has bee tested and I have consolted many a staff member and all say this will work.

Remember that Armoured Companies either win VICTORIOUSLY or they carsh and burn. Aslo consider the differnt types of armies that you will face (Assaulting, Holds ground etc) and if they are a hoard army (Nids and orks).
    Well, I don't have any experience with Armoured Companies, and nobody I know plays one so i had no other choice but to ask here and in the LO IRC chat. As for the armies I might face, its SM, SM, SM, CSM, WH, DH and Necrons 9/10 times.

As for either winning big or losing big, well... i'm not a loud boaster or a sore loser, i'm happy aslong as I get to play with my beloved plastic tanks. '

Thanks for all your help. Would you kindly run over the list again and check for any stuipid errors I might have made?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True it is very nice seeing the guys face when there are only tanks on the field.

I have been looking into a Tau armoured company and I'm liking it. 400pts of IG and Tau armour, NICE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

238 (x6)

Well, seing as nobody has offered any suggestions to my list for a while no I am to take it that it is absolutely perfect in every sense?

Thanks again for the help Sal. Sorry I don't have much experience with AC's myself to make any helpful comment your list.
    Last edited by Kaiser; June 20th, 2005 at 00:04.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wrecked an armoured company with nids that had a baneblade AND a shadowsword. so be careful when you are fighting a trygon.

I also beat one that had like 21 russes & vanquishers with a couple stompas, and a gargant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At 3000 pts, any army u'll be facng will pretty much have enough AT ewapons to kill ur tanks three times over. So try to really strategize when u play with this army list.
    &quot;To each his own&quot;

+ Reply to Thread