Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I made this army to fight my friend who plays nids and tau(mainly nids). I'm open to any suggestions for units/upgrades.
Commander, Master Terminator Honors, Terminator Armor, Master Crafted Storm Bolter
Command Squad (9) Heavy Bolter, Missile Launcher
Terminator Squad (5) 2 Assault Cannons
Land Raider Hunter-Killer Missle
Tactical Squad (9) Heavy Bolter
Tactical Squad (9) Heavy Bolter
Scout Squad (6) Heavy Bolter, Sniper Rifle
Tactical Squad (9) Missle Launcher
Devastator Squad (9) 2 Heavy Bolters, 1 Missile Launcher, 1 Lascannon
Rhino Hunter-Killer Missle
Land Speeder Squadron (1) Typhoon Launcher
Land Speeder Squadron (1) Assault Cannon
Bike Squadron (3)/ Attack Bike (1) 1 flamer
Predator Destructor Heavy Bolter side sponsons
You need more lascannons to fight Tyranids, with that army, you are going to have a huge amount of trouble taking down his high-toughness creatures. I would drop the command squad and pick up an assault squad to attach your commander to, use as a mobile reserve against Nids and as an engine of destruction against tau. Land Raiders in general aren't worth it, I would use the points to raise the terminator squad strength a bit and just deep strike them into battle.
Your devastators don't need a rhino, as you should have them deployed in a spot where they have a firing option the entire battle. I would also change them to either 4 missile launchers, or if you can spare points and still want a little diversity, 2 plasma cannon, 2 lascannon.
It is hard to make a well balanced army to fight both Tau and Tyranids, two of the most extreme ends of the tactical spectrum. Speeders would seem to be nearly worthless against Tau, since every single basic weapon in the army can glance it on a 5 or 6. I really don't think its possible to build an army that can engage both Tau and Tyranids effectively with a single army list. Oh, and your Commander doesn't even have a CC weapon, that is a very bad idea. I would either pick up a Plasma pistol for light vehicles and high toughness tyranid creatures, or go cheapy bolt pistol, and then a power weapon.
1. Firstly Terminator Armour includes Terminator Honours already. Its not worth Master Crafting a storm bolter, you might as well just add another marine for the price of MC a SB and you get an extra shot. Your Commander should also have a powerweapon to use his high WS and I.
2. Your Command Squad is better off being equipped with the same heavy weapons so they can target the same thing without wasting shots.
3. I wouldnt upgrade the LR with a hunter killer missile but thats just my preference. Rather id split the tactical squad with missile launcher into two squads of 5 and give them each a missile launcher. This way you get more firepower and less wastage of your bolter shots against armoured targets. You may want to upgrade the missile launchers to Lascannons if your going to hit heavy targets ushcas armour and carnifexes etc.
4. Do all your scouts have sniper rifles? If not then they should.
5. Your devastators should be armed preferably with the same heavy weapon, or at least heavy weapons with the same role. Either 4HB (nasty anti nid squad), 4ML (anti armour), 2HB and 2ML (utility). But whatever you do, try to have heavy weapons with the same role ie HB and PC, or ML and LC. And like Gavinrad said, dont give them a rhino. Sine they deploy first you should be able to put them in a position with good cover and nice fire lanes.
6. Im not a fan of the Typhoon, i would go with a second tornado variant. If you want to have a single use anti tank weapon, then a LS with Multi Melta Deep Striking is your best bet.
7. Whats the role of your bike squad? It seems that you've chosen anti infantry in which case id suggest upgrade your sergeant and give him a PF. A second assault weapon would do you pretty good. If your going anti infantry, 2 plasma guns should be able to take on most things. Flamers are pretty limited.
8. Give your Predator extra armour.
When posting your army list, it really helps if you post the points cost of each unit. That way we can calculate what spare points you have and where you can put them.
Ultramarines Second Company
I love Land Speeders Tyranids have real trouble downing them. I never really saw the point of Heavy weapons in a command squad, they cost what they do for devastators not tactical marines and you have a close combat commander with them.
I agree with Southerneagle, 1 squad of 5 assault marines with a powerfist Vet. Sgt will help deal with any Lictors or problems approaching your fire base.
Terminators with 2 Assault Cannon are wasted holed up in a Land Raider, Nidz almost completely lack ap2 guns so deploy them in the open and get blasting.
Plus a Land Raider can so asily be stopped from shooting by a venom cannon toting carnifex.
I wouldn't give Bikers Plasma weapons, they cost more than twice as much as a normal marine with Plasma gun and die from overheat just as often.
Sniper scouts may look good on paper but against 2+ save Tyrants/Fex, 3 wounds a turn with saves loses its shine especialy for 100+ pts.
Gavinrad, I agree Lascannons are where to go, ML vs 2+ save is dire and H.bolters are now better nid warrior killers. You cannot however give Terminator Armoured persons Plasma pistols.
Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!