[2000] Space Marines - Notable Divergence - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[2000] Space Marines - Notable Divergence

I've been working on this list for a while now and I have the heavy support, all the troop choices (just need to assemble the cc tactical marines), and most of the other vehicles. This is based on a chapter Im creating so the disadvantage is going to be fluff based, with the force having a general lack of terminators, dreads, artifacts, etc. This is a cc heavy force and I like to keep the troops and elite sections somewhat heavy compared to the rest of the list and tend to be light on the HQ. Any reccommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Advantages - Blessed be the warriors, take the fight to them (both zealous)
    Disadvantages - Aspire to glory

HQ - 1 @ 107
    Reclusiarch, jet pack, bolt pistol, frags - 107

Troops - 5 @ 951
    2x Tactical Squad [10], CCW/Pistol, 1xmelta gun, frags, veteran sergeant w/powerfist - 200 [400]
    2x Rhino, extra armor, smoke - 58 [116]
    3x Tactical Squad [8], bolters, plasma gun, lascannon - 145 [435]

Elites - 2 @ 427
    Assault Squad [10], furious charge, 2xflamer, veteran sergeant w/powerfist, purity seals - 297
    Dreadnought, twin lascannon, missile launcher - 135

Fast Attack - 3 @ 240
    3x Land Speeder Tornado, Assault Cannon/Heavy Bolter - 80 [240]

Heavy Support - 2 @ 270
    2x Predator Annihilator, twin lascannon, heavy bolter sponsons, extra armor - 135 [270]

Total @ 2000 pts 55 marines, 3 speeders, dread, 2 transports, 2 tanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

The chaplain is fine and Furious charge assault squads are plain nasty, I might consider giving him and the Assault Marine Sgt a Plasma pistol to help weaken any big monsters you are called upon to fight.

In fact this entire list is Great, save for the troops. All b.p c.c.w Marines are Nice but why put them in the Mk IV Tin Coffin (or "Rhino" for short)? Advancing using the rhinos as cover for your assault marines may work but I am not sure.

The 3 squads with Lascannon and Plasma guns are fine but you may want to consider dropping a couple of men from each, they dont eed that many bullet shields plus as 3 squads you will tend to kill whats shooting you pretty quick.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could shrink up the tac squads a bit, maybe add another one for flexibility or another heavy support if I could find enough points. Im also not really sure how to get the CC marines to their targets without using Rhinos for a turn or two. I know they are very easy to destroy, but I dont want to drop pod, and I dont particularly want them running across the field; how else would I do it? Also if I add another assault squad, or possibly 2 if I split them between the elite and fast attack sections and drop the cc tacs, then the troops fall to an insignificant amount of points while bloating the elite/fast attack. Not really sure how to do it without Rhinos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

Love the list, its very good. The only thing your missing is terminator honors on the chaplain. The extra power weapon attack, especially with FC will go a long way to ensuring he kills any IC he comes up against. I highly recommend it. For the points you could drop one of the plas-las squads down to 7 men.
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

+ Reply to Thread