[2500] Space Marine - Minor Divergence - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[2500] Space Marine - Minor Divergence

Advantage: Be Swift As The Wind
    Disadvantage: We Stand Alone

HQ (552)

Epistolary with Fear of the Darkness, Terminator Armour, Power Weapon, Frag Grenades and Bionics.

Attachments: Codicier with Fear of the Darkness, Terminator Armour, Power Weapon and Frag Grenades; Terminator Command Squad x 4 with 2 x Assault Cannon.

Elites (540)

Terminator Squad x 5 with 2 x Assault Cannon

Dreadnought with Extra Armour, Heavy Flamer and Drop Pod

Dreadnought with Extra Armour, Heavy Flamer and Drop Pod

Troops (806)

Bike Squadron x 4 with attached Attack Bike, 2 x Meltagun. Sergeant has Terminator Honours, Powerfist, Teleport Homer, Plasma Pistol.

Bike Squadron x 4 with attached Attack Bike, 2 x Meltagun. Sergeant has Terminator Honours, Powerfist, Teleport Homer, Plasma Pistol.

Tactical Squad x 8 with Meltagun and Drop Pod. Sergeant has Terminator Honours and Powerfist.

Tactical Squad x 8 with Meltagun and Drop Pod. Sergeant has Terminator Honours and Powerfist.

Fast (462)

Assault Squad x 8 with 2 x Plasma Pistol. Sergeant has Terminator Honours, Powerfist, Teleport Homer and Plasma Pistol.

Assault Squad x 8 with 2 x Plasma Pistol. Sergeant has Terminator Honours, Powerfist, Teleport Homer and Plasma Pistol.

Heavy (170)

Whirlwind

Whirlwind

Total : 2500 pts

How well do you think this would do? Fast attack Deathwing is what I'm looking for, but would this be able to win against another 2500 pt army? For game play, I'd expect to be deepstriking everything that can, except the assault squads which would start the game on the table with the bikes with the whirlwinds firing castellan missiles.

Last edited by revin; June 14th, 2005 at 07:35. Reason: Smiles
    Proud bearer of the Imperial Medal of Anti-Fluff

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Epistolary: A Stormbolter for both characters would be nice to use high BS

Bike Squads: It's a bit risky giving your sergeants plasma pistols since they do cost a lot.

What do you mean by FA Deathwing?
    Ultramarines Second Company

W/L/D

1/2/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

Seems like a nice idea, however some points.

HQ
    2 Librarian charecters? each with fear of the darkness. I like the power but you dont need 2 Librarians in 1 Terminator squad, swop 1 for a Chaplain to lead your assault Marines.

ELITES
    Terminators are staple, do you intend to deep strike them? both the Dreadnoughts are cool, place the deep strike point right in the middle of an enemy unit, get a hit, move to 1" away from them and well within Flamer range, tasty plus assault cannon for nibling at the back armour of any vehicles.

TROOPS
    I have a Bike squadron akin to yours consider a combat shield for the Sargeant, its dirt cheap. I dont know about taking 2 of them however they soak up points pretty quick.
    The tactical squads as your basic close combat variant are fine.

Fast Attack
    Assault Marines with well put together Sargeants, the plasma is always nice for extra tank busting or if a carnifex starts to walk your way.

Whirlwinds, 1 is good 2 is better but you seem to have plenty of anti-light stuff already.

You might want to consider some ranged anti-tank melta's are fine but you only have 4 and if you go up against a monolith only your 4 melta guns can hurt it and they will need a 6+.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by southerneagle
    Epistolary: A Stormbolter for both characters would be nice to use high BS
    Power weapons are the cheapest way for models in terminator armor to get an extra attack, besides they come with a squad of 2 stormbolters and 2 assault cannons.

Bike Squads: It's a bit risky giving your sergeants plasma pistols since they do cost a lot.
    Sounds good, but I'd have to give them each bolt pistols (I don't have the codex in front of me, so I'm not 100% on this).

What do you mean by FA Deathwing?
    I expect to be horribly outnumbered but able to outmaneuver any foe and hit them hard. Then the termies port in.

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Doom
    HQ
    2 Librarian charecters? each with fear of the darkness. I like the power but you dont need 2 Librarians in 1 Terminator squad, swop 1 for a Chaplain to lead your assault Marines.
    If I were to do that, I'd rather have a force commander on a bike so that he could roam the battlefield faster while providing all the leadership I'll ever need. As good as a chaplain is, the force commander fills a bigger need.

Terminators are staple, do you intend to deep strike them?
    All terminators, dreadnaughts and tactical squads will always deepstrike. The assault squad is a big maybe since they are carrying teleport homers so that I can port the terminators in exactly where they are needed.

[QUOTE]TROOPS
    I have a Bike squadron akin to yours consider a combat shield for the Sargeant, its dirt cheap.I dont know about taking 2 of them however they soak up points pretty quick./[QUOTE}If I take any, I have to take both. Still it's something I could throw in instead of the plasma pistols on the bike and still have points leftover.

The tactical squads as your basic close combat variant are fine.
    I wanted to give them Purity Abover All, but this army can't be used with a major disadvatange.

Whirlwinds, 1 is good 2 is better but you seem to have plenty of anti-light stuff already.

]You might want to consider some ranged anti-tank melta's are fine but you only have 4 and if you go up against a monolith only your 4 melta guns can hurt it and they will need a 6+.
    6 meltas, also the powerfists, but I don't like the idea of swatting at skimmers. In order to get any lascannons, I'd have to lose both whirlwinds. While I do like castellan missiles, especially with this army, For the points available, I'd think that a Predator Annihilator would be the best bet, but I don't trust them to not blow up spontaneously, especialy if it's the only heavy target on the table. Other than that, a single tac squad in a razorback. Any ideas?

Also, the HQ needs to be resolved: Double FOTD (to be really really scary), split double FOTD (move termie squad to HQ to act as second command squad, as a plus it frees up an Elite FOC slot), force commander on bike (all around useful), chaplain instead of codicier (for the rerolls on force weapon), or a chaplain on bike (pure assault)?

Some thoughts:

-chainfist on terminators
    -use frag grenades on Librarians to pay for bolt pistols on bike sergeants
    -furious charge on terminator command squa
    Last edited by revin; June 15th, 2005 at 09:21. Reason: quotes
    Proud bearer of the Imperial Medal of Anti-Fluff

+ Reply to Thread