[2000]deamonhunters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[2000]deamonhunters

ok, with the new release of tyranids and the sudden upsurge in tyranid players i've re done my list to fight them better.

HQ:

Grand-Master, NFW, stormbolter, icon of just, Term. Armor, Scourging, psycic hood
    (2) terminators w/ NFW + storm bolters, (1) terminator w/ NFW + psycannon, (2) terminators w/ Thunder hammers + storm shields 450pts(roughly)

Deathwatch Librarian w/ storm bolter, force weapon, might of heros, psycic hood
    (2) deathwatch vets. w/ 1 lightning claws, 1 power fist
    (2) deathwatch marines w/ heavy bolters + ups
    (3) deathwatch marines 360pts(roughly)

Elites:

Inquisitor w/ term. armor, psycannon, power sword
    3 servitors w/ heavy bolters, 3 sages 250(roughly)

Eversor Assassin 95

Troops:

Grey knight Justicar, NFW storm bolter
    (6) grey knights w/ 2 psycannons 260

(6) INq. Storm troopers w/ 2 plasma guns
    Vet. w/ storm bolter 110

(6)Inq. Stormtroopers w/ 2 meltaguns
    vet. w/ tele. homer, rhino w/ extra armor, smoke 170

Fast:

Grey knight Justicar w/ melta bombs
    (4) grey knights w/ 2 incinerators

Heavy:

Gray knight Dread. w/ twin lascannon, smoke, extra armor 140

Grey knight dread. w/ assault cannon, smoke, extra armor 130

Points arn't exactly correct because i don't have my codex with me, but it does come out to 2000 points, on my list.
    Any suggestions would be good, im thinking about dropping the assasin for more troops but i don't know for sure

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

You really need more troops. My 1500 list outnumbers you. I would consider, unless you absolutely want them, dropping the Deathwatch guys. I'm not too keen on what they do tho so I really can't say much about them, sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

I'm ignoring point costs, since you said yourself that it isn't totally accurate.

Grand-Master, NFW, stormbolter, icon of just, Term. Armor, Scourging, psycic hood
    (2) terminators w/ NFW + storm bolters, (1) terminator w/ NFW + psycannon, (2) terminators w/ Thunder hammers + storm shields 450pts(roughly)
    --You can't use both a psychic hood & the Aegis on the same psychic power, and the Aegis is free. I'd drop the hood.
    --One thunderhammer is plenty in such a small squad. S6 @ Initiative is better than S8 @ I1, even with the stun ability. And stormbolters are one of the best weapons vs Tyranids, so don't get rid of them!

Deathwatch Librarian w/ storm bolter, force weapon, might of heros, psycic hood
    (2) deathwatch vets. w/ 1 lightning claws, 1 power fist
    (2) deathwatch marines w/ heavy bolters + ups
    (3) deathwatch marines 360pts(roughly)
    --I agree with Emp here, that Deathwatch aren't the best idea. Sure, they're handy for the firepower, but this unit is expensive in an army that's already low on models. Stick with DH here.

Inquisitor w/ term. armor, psycannon, power sword
    3 servitors w/ heavy bolters, 3 sages 250(roughly)
    --This is a shooty unit, yes? Drop the Terminator armor (you won't be using it's save very often) and the power sword (if this unit sees CC, then it's dead anyways). In a shooty Inq unit, only give the Inquisitor a gun & Auspex.
    --Drop one Sage for a Heirophant - it gives the Inquisitor a Ld bonus, which will allow you a better chance at shooting things that aren't the nearest target.

Grey knight Justicar, NFW storm bolter
    (6) grey knights w/ 2 psycannons 260

(6) INq. Storm troopers w/ 2 plasma guns
    Vet. w/ storm bolter 110

(6)Inq. Stormtroopers w/ 2 meltaguns
    vet. w/ tele. homer, rhino w/ extra armor, smoke 170
    --Targeter & Auspex on the Justicar, just in case.
    --The first IST squad doesn't need that Vet - you could three more IST for his price!
    --Meltaguns aren't the best option vs a Tyranid army - you won't usually be able to get in range to use them, and nothing has an AV. I'd say Plasma Guns, GL, and Flamers are all better choices.

Grey knight Justicar w/ melta bombs
    (4) grey knights w/ 2 incinerators
    --Meltabombs won't help you against Tyranids.
    --This squad is WAY too small. Because it'll Deepstrike, it needs to be able to survive a fight. FAGK squads should never be smaller than 8 models in my experience.
    --If you're lucky, you'll get one round of fire off with the Incinerators. Drop one, and keep the NFW/Stormbolter combo.

Gray knight Dread. w/ twin lascannon, smoke, extra armor 140

Grey knight dread. w/ assault cannon, smoke, extra armor 130
    ---The dread with TLLC should also have ML to compliment it.
    --The AC dread should have an incinerator because of the range it'll be at.

You've got far too few models, and much too small squads. Drop the Deathwatch, drop the assassin, and bulk up all of your Troop & FA squads.

Senior Member Phoenix Guard 1988's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would consider putting in a purgation squad in this sort of situation. 4 guys with psycannons and 1 justicar can put out huge volumes of fire, which is exactly what is required. I would also drop all incinerators, if the enemy's tactics are good enough, you will never be in range. I don't agree with mEGALO's statement on the thunder hammers. Most Tyranids will hit first even if you have normal initiative, and the higher strength can really help take out Hive Tyrants and Carnifexes.

Also, you might want to consider inducting imperial guard for this operation, everyone says that they suck but the amount of template fire they can put out between the Leman Russ and morters is enough to trash any horde army, especially Tyranids.
    1500 years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe
    500 years ago everybody knew the world was flat
    5 minutes ago you knew humans were alone on the planet
    Imagine what you'll know tomorrow

Imagine-John Lennon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Guard 1988
    I would consider putting in a purgation squad in this sort of situation. 4 guys with psycannons and 1 justicar can put out huge volumes of fire, which is exactly what is required. I would also drop all incinerators, if the enemy's tactics are good enough, you will never be in range. I don't agree with mEGALO's statement on the thunder hammers. Most Tyranids will hit first even if you have normal initiative, and the higher strength can really help take out Hive Tyrants and Carnifexes.

Also, you might want to consider inducting imperial guard for this operation, everyone says that they suck but the amount of template fire they can put out between the Leman Russ and morters is enough to trash any horde army, especially Tyranids.

They already have str-6 and they wound a Tyrant on 4's and a Carnifex on 4's (unless upgraded to a T-7, then 5's). Carnifex has I-2/3 so with a NFW you will be going first and hopefully having more than 1 termie, you will kill the fex before it gets its attacks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, sorry about the last post there were well...a lot of errors, here is my correct list with some of the things you mentioned, also this list isn' meant to be played agianst just tyranids, i just changed it a little to fight them,better. I feel that it can still do well against other armys

HQ:
    Grand-Master: NFW, storm bolter, icon of just, auspex
    (1) Terminator w/ psycannon, (2) terminators w/ storm bolters + NFW, (1) terminator w/ thunder hammer + storm shield 399

Deathwatch Librarian w/ force weapon, bolter, Hero’s might, psychic hood
    (1)Deathwatch vet. w/ lightning claws,(1) Deathwatch vet. w/ power fist.
    (2)Death watch marine w/ heavy bolter, suspensor, hellfire round
    (3) Deathwatch marines w/ bolters 256

Elites:

Inq. w/ power Armor, psycannon, auspex, cc weapon
    (3) servitors w/ heavy bolters, (2) sages(1)hierophant 166

Troops:

Inq. Storm troopers ( w/ 2 plasma guns

Inq. Stormtroopers ( w/ 2 plasma guns
    Inq. Stormtroopers (6) w/ 2 melta guns
    Vet. w/ teleport homer 173
    Rhino w/ extra armor, dozer plow, smoke

Fast Attack:

Grey knight Justicar w/ + NFW + storm bolter, melta bombs
    (6) Grey knights w/ 1 psycannon 255

Grey knight Justicar w/ NFW + storm bolter, melta bombs
    (7) Grey knights w/ 1 incinerator 180

Heavy:

Dreadnought w/ extra armor, smoke, assault cannon 120

Dreadnought w/ extra armor, smoke, twin lascannon 140

Barrage Bomb 60

Models, 62 Total Points: 1999
    Extra 1 pts.

So what do you think of it now

godfather

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x2)

Barrage Bomb is, IMO, a waste, it has a rule called (In)accuracy and will, 98% of the time, miss. You are still lacking in GK and they only do so much, I strongly consider still dropping the Deathwatch for more GK. Give your INQ. artificer armor it's like 5₧ more (don't currently have codex with me) and it gives him a 2+ save. Put a Plasma-Cannon servitor in place of one heavy bolter servitor, it will mostly help more. If you REALLY want the Deathwatch, you need to give them a transport and it's really odd how you did it; You put in two heavy bolters which need to stay stationary, and you tooled up the veteran and librarian for cc who need to move to get there, in a game you would have to choose one or the other, if you wait back you really just wasted a lot of points, if you move, you just wasted 2x heavy bolters. I would still strongly consider dropping them. Think about it, otherwise it is shaping up good, a little more tweaking and it should do well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, the death watch heavy bolters have assault stats, and bracing, so they can fire on the move,
    i guess i should drop the barrage bomb, but agianst low streagth armys, armor save, they may be afraid of going near it, thus i could force them in the direction i want, reltaivly speaking of course.
    So maybe i should get a transport, but they can infiltrate...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by GODFATHER40k
    no, the death watch heavy bolters have assault stats, and bracing, so they can fire on the move,
    i guess i should drop the barrage bomb, but agianst low streagth armys, armor save, they may be afraid of going near it, thus i could force them in the direction i want, reltaivly speaking of course.
    So maybe i should get a transport, but they can infiltrate...
    ~You don't have to tell there where the bomb is so you could suprise them, I still think it's a waste tho.
    ~Deathwatch heavy bolters are assault!? I didn't know that...Still I think if you want them give them a transport or they will get shot up while walking forward.
    ~Also, I just noticed now, you can't give your Inquis. a psycannon and a ccw, he would have to be in termie armor to be able to do it so drop the ccw (as it is illegible anyways) and I would still recommend giving him artificier armor for a better save, don't forget you can make your accolytes hold items for him and even after they die the items will still be there so maybe make them hold a refractor field for him and any other items you might think of. Drop the Hierophant and add a mystic so that you have a chance to shoot deepstriking units, ones that are looking to kill your inquis and ret.
    Last edited by Emp.; June 22nd, 2005 at 18:47.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yah, but a mystic costs 8pts, and a auspex costs what 2pts. Yes deathwatch heavy bolters are shorter ranged but are assault, as well as they have bracers which allow them to fire them on the move.
    So maybe i should drop the barrage bomb and give them a rhino...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast