[1500] Deamonhunter - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500] Deamonhunter

I have veiwed quite a few sites on daemonhunter tactica and have crafted and army list that I belive would prrform admirably in batte, but first I would like to run this buy other players:

HQ: (295)
    Brother Caption
    w/Holocaust
    Terminators Bodygaurds(*4)
    w/Incinerator

Elites: (112)
    Inquisitioner
    with:
    Artificer armor
    CC weapon
    Scourging
    Unguents of Warding
    Psychic hood

Henchman:
    Sage
    Familiar
    Hierophant

Troops: (450)
    Storm troopers(*10)
    w/ Plasma gun *2
    and a
    Chimera
    with:
    Multi laser
    Hull mounted heavy bolter
    Hunter Killer Missile
    Extra Armor

Storm troopers(*10)
    w/ Melta gun *2
    and a
    Chimera
    with:
    Multi laser
    Hunter Killer Missile
    Extra Armor

Heavy Support: (600)
    Purgation Squad:
    Justicar and
    Grey knights(*6)
    w/Psycannons(*4)

Land raider Crusader
    w/Hunter Killer Missile

and finally a
    Lance Strike

I mostly fight CSM (plague marines), IG, and Necrons.

So what do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Elites: (112)
    Inquisitioner
    with:
    Artificer armor
    CC weapon
    Scourging
    Unguents of Warding
    Psychic hood

Henchman:
    Sage
    Familiar
    Hierophant
    --It's "Inquisitor", not "Inquisitioner" ^_^
    --This unit is entirely pointless. Between the artificer armor & the TWO psychic protections, it's safe from ever recieving damage. On the other hand, no one would ever bother attacking this unit, because it has no offensive capabilities aside from a single Scourging and some laspistols. And the henchmen serve no real purpose either, as you've mixed CC and shooty henchmen, but left out warriors. Drop this whole thing.

Troops: (450)
    Storm troopers(*10)
    w/ Plasma gun *2
    and a
    Chimera
    with:
    Multi laser
    Hunter Killer Missile
    Extra Armor

Storm troopers(*10)
    w/ Melta gun *2
    and a
    Chimera
    with:
    Multi laser
    Hunter Killer Missile
    Extra Armor
    --I used to use HK Missiles on my Chimeras as well. But between advice online and real-life playing, I've determined that they're not worth their cost. I'd even prefer a stormbolter or heavy stubber over them now.

Heavy Support: (600)
    Purgation Squad:
    Justicar and
    Grey knights(*6)
    w/Psycannons(*4)
    --Fairly expensive unit for what it does. Purgation squads tend to run 5 models strong (4 psycannons + justicar) just because of the cost.
    --If you want a squad that can hold its own in CC, use a Troop or FA GK unit, not this - when you give GK a special weapon, you lose S6 & True Grit, which isn't very good for a CC squad.
    --Psycannons, as cool as they are, aren't very effective vs 3+ save armies (CSM, Necrons, like you mentioned).

Land raider Crusader
    w/Hunter Killer Missile
    --Drop the HK Missile, not worth the points.
    --What do you intend to put in here? Not the HQ, I hope, as that would make it the single best target (by far) on the table.

and finally a
    Lance Strike
    --These are fairly hard to get your points back with, due to the odd targeting rules. I'm not saying not to use one, I'm just letting you know that you won't kill much with one. Strikes are much better suited to psychological manipulation than to killing!

Not a bad army, but not really suited to the three armies you listed as your main foes. Here're some suggestions:
    --Don't use the Purgation squad. Instead, use a FA GK unit with 0-1 Incinerator and no psycannons. They'll tear apart IG, and be fairly effective against both CSM and Necrons.
    --Don't put the HQ into the LRC. That makes it the best target on the table, and at least two of the three armies you listed usually have NO issues with destroying vehicles, even AV14 ones. If the LRC is popped, then your expensive HQ has to footslog it, and a unit that small won't last.
    --Drop the Inquisitor's unit entirely. He has no real offensive capability, waaay too much protective gear, and a rather useless mix of henchmen. If you're using him for a specific reason, post why, and then maybe we can help you rearrange his weapons, armor, and henchmen to serve that purpose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can the chimera for inquisitor stormtroopers have a heavy stubber :huh:
    If so that would be really good, but i agree with everything else mEGALOMANIAC said, the inquisitor is useless, either remove it as a whole, or add gear to make it CC oriented, Shooty, or a mix, but definetly look over this unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x8)

can the chimera for inquisitor stormtroopers have a heavy stubber
    Gah, I need to start paying more attention to my posts! IG Chimeras, and therfore inducted Armored Fist Chimeras, can have heavy stubbers. DH Chimeras cannot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, well there goes a good thing....

Senior Member Phoenix Guard 1988's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or add gear to make it CC oriented, Shooty, or a mix, but definetly look over this unit
    The only real use an Inquisitor has is in a fire support role. You can fit them out to trash demons, but most people don't use demons, they usually aren't worth their points cost. And to use him as just a general CC unit would be disastrous. If you tool him out right, he can can be okay, but when compared to a Grandmaster and the rest of his GK, it's just not worth it. And as to the comment about mixing the 2 roles of shooting and CC, never do that. This detracts from the strength of both roles, and you need all the strength you can get. I would personally take out the unit completely and uprade your BC to a Grandmaster and give him a larger retinue.
    1500 years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe
    500 years ago everybody knew the world was flat
    5 minutes ago you knew humans were alone on the planet
    Imagine what you'll know tomorrow

Imagine-John Lennon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yah your right, sorry for the wrong info,
    just a curious thought though, can't you take brother-captain stern and another grey knight HQ choice as they have mentioned on the GW web site. That would be a cool list...

Any ways, Phenoix Guard is right, don't mix them as i have said, because the points would be better spent somewhere else..

godfather

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x8)

just a curious thought though, can't you take brother-captain stern and another grey knight HQ choice as they have mentioned on the GW web site. That would be a cool list...
    Yes. In the last FAQ (don't know if it's still in the current one) GW told us that neither BC Stern and Lord Torquemada count towards their respective unit limits. So while both characters still take up HQ slots, using one of them doesn't restrict the use of another generic version (ie BC Stern & a GK Hero can both be used, or Lord Torquemada & an Inquisitor Lord can both be used).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:cool: nice...the possibilities...

+ Reply to Thread