[1000]Ultramarines - IG killers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1000]Ultramarines - IG killers

Chaplain, Master of Sanctity Jump Pack 120

Assault Squad (10) Terminator Honors (sarge), Powerfist (sarge), 2 Plasma Pistols 260

Tactical Squad (10) Terminator Honors (sarge), Plasma Pistol (sarge), Power Weapon (sarge) 185

Tactical Squad (10) Terminator Honors (sarge), Plasma Pistol (sarge), Power Weapon (sarge) 185

Scout Squad (7) 5 Sniper Rifles, Terminators Honors (sarge), Heavy Bolter 134

Total Cost: 884

I made this to kill my friend's IG army. I know i have points left over. this list is incomplete. i'd appreciate any suggestions for some tank busting units. i intend to attach the chaplain to the assault squad and deep strike behind his lines to get into cc. the scouts are to provide some fire support. i want the tactical squads to eventually get into cc with his guys. i have never fought IG befor (only nids). :confused:

Sometimes, you've just got to say, "what the f***" and take some chances.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plasma pistols for killing guard? Where have you been man :p

Get flamers or nothing.

Snipers are pointless gainst guard. Get regular cc and pistol wielding inflitrators, keep the vet.

More plasma pistol from sarges, pointless against guard and are 10 points a pop, a big waste of points for one str 7 ap 2 pistol shot.

Tac squads also kick Ig infantry in the shooting phase, Ap 5 bolters dude ^_^

Use the trait that gives inflitrate to tacs, see but dont be seen.

For his tanks bring some devies with missiles or lascannons.

Some bikers with two melta guns work wonders against tanks.

Meltas bombs on the assault squad kill tanks to.

Meltas can be given to the tactical squads aswell.

If your army cant inflitrate buy some transports or you'll get shot up as you advance.

Things to know about IG:

-Hordes of cheap infantry that die in droves but pump out a startling amount of lasgun fire. 60 str 3 shots can become quite ferasome, even to marines.

-Lots of infantry means lots of heavy weapons.

-Tanks are power, destroy when possible.

-They blow in CC but the command hq can fight reasonably well (saw him kill two termies from behind cover )

-Take out the command hq as it gives LD bonuses to the guard and if he brings a standard he can re-roll ld checks if near the platoon.

-Watch out for hidden powerfists.

-If he knows he'll be fighting you he might bring plenty of plasma weps so watch out.

I would be more helpful if I knew what your opponent likes to bring.
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know almost nothing about IG. this helps a lot. he showed me his army list today and it had a bunch of infantry and 2 leman's. that's all i can remember. i like the idea of infiltrating tactical squads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your force is all infantry so far, so I'll focus on keeping it that way.

I think your chaplain/assault squad combo is good against IG, although you probably dont need the plasma pistols to break open any armored infantry, and flamers are a good replacement.

The tactical squads contain vet sergeants equipped for close combat, but they are all on foot, and will take forever to reach their objective. I'd do something to make them faster, like drop pods if you want them in CC. If you are going to use them as primarily shooty units, you could put in plasma guns or anti-vehicle heavy weapons to destroy tanks. I'd also drop all the sergeant upgrades if you want to sit and fire with these guys.

A good infantry fire support unit for space marines is an 8 man dev squad armed with 4 missile launchers. This runs you in the 200 point range, is relatively tough to kill, and can provide good anti-vehicle fire.

Where you can get some points: The snipers are of limited use against already weak IG infantry models, you could go with bolters for fire support, or make a CC scout unit to rush them. You could downgrade the chaplain one level for a few points, and reduce the vet upgrades in the tactical squads if you arent going to dedicate them to CC.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 lemans eh?

Give metlas to your scouts as well.

Just thank god hes not taking a demolisher.

and plz remove the plasma pistol from all squads, esp the seargeants. Too expensive.

Do you know how many heavy weps the guard will bring?

Anyother units? Just infantry plattons, a command hq, and two lemans?
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what about vehicles? i'd like to have some speeders or whirlwinds if they would be any help. since he's not going to be moving much i dont think castellans would be good, but how about vengeance missiles against his massed units?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all i really remember was the two lemans and a bunch of diff types of infantry that i didnt understand.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

You need fast moving CC.
    Scout bikes with melta equip
    Devs with 1 las, 1 ml, and 2 HB
    give your squads hbs if your allowed
    Take a whirlwind if you want a tank. Park it behind cover and rain death upon them

You should play that evey model that dies, need to be shot with a 22.
    Three Companies of the 26th Vinancium
    143rd Airborne Badgers (99.9% done)
    159th Corsair Rifles (35% done))
    69th Armored Wall Busters (95% done)

Total 197 men, 12 tanks, 4 Heavy Artillery Pieces

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

now thats an idea. Stick a whirlwind behind cover and fire away (vengence).

Originaly I didn't like the idea of vechiles cause the sheer number of heavy weapons fire the guard possess would turn them into smouldering wrecks in no time.

But that whirlwind would kickass.

Aside from that though I'd only take transports if nessessary.

Land speeders die too easily in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do all of my assault troops need melta bombs?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast