[1000-1500] Imperial Guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

[1000-1500] Imperial Guard

82nd Harakoni Airborne
    Doctrines
    Drop troops
    Stormtrooper Squads
    Iron Discipline
    Carapace Armor
    Sharpshooters

HQ
    Command Platoon(166)
    -Command Squad(Carapace Armor, Sharpshooters, Iron Discipline)
    --Senior Officer: Power Sword, Plasma Pistol
    --Lascannon Team
    --Medic
    --Master Vox

TROOPS
    1st Platoon (330)
    --Junior Officer: Storm Bolter
    --Heavy Bolter Team
    --2 Plasma Gunners
    -Alpha Squad(Carapace Armor)
    --Seargeant: Lasgun
    --Plasma Gunner
    --Missile Launcher
    --Vox
    -Bravo Squad(Carapace Armor)
    --Sergeant: Lasgun
    --Plasma Gunner
    --Missile Launcher
    --Vox

2nd Platoon (330)
    --Junior Officer: Storm Bolter
    --Heavy Bolter Team
    --2 Plasma Gunners
    -Echo Squad(Carapace Armor)
    --Plasma Gunner
    --Autocannon Team
    --Vox
    -Delta Squad(Carapace Armor)
    --Plasma Gunner
    --Autocannon Team
    --Vox

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Leman Russ (175)
    -Hull Mounted Heavy Bolter
    -Sponson Heavy Bolters
    -Improved Comms

TOTAL
    1001 points
    Infantry: 55
    Armor: 1

Add the following to boost my points to 1500

ELITES
    Stormtrooper Squad (161)
    -Veteran Sergeant: Power Sword, Hellpistol, Honorifica Imperialis
    -2 Plasma Gunners
    -Vox
    -6 Troopers

FAST ATTACK
    Sentinel Squadron (150)
    -3 Cadia pattern Sentinels

TROOPS
    Armored Fist Squad(Carapace Armor) (180)
    -Sergeant: Lasgun
    -Plasma Gunner
    -Vox
    -Chimera: Multi Laser, Heavy Bolter

TOTAL
    1492 points
    Infantry: 75
    Armor: 5

Ok, so I've been talking with alot of different people to get their views on how a good guard army would work. After alot of tinkering around with mechanised lists and Ogryns and what not I decided to go back to the very first Idea I had...the Harakoni Warhawks(Although with a slightly different paint job and a few changed doctrines).

So, let's talk strategy.
    I plan on using every command squad I have to provide fire support. The all have sharpshooters to help them in this role as well. I know it won't help much for the 4 plamsa gunners, but it will help out with the heavy bolter teams.

Every squad has Carapace Armor to increase their survivability in combat against bolter fire...which I'll be seeing alot of. I plan to Deepstrike 2nd platoon if I can, and with the help of my Leman's improved comms I won't be out gunned for too long...I hope. My friend uses quite a bit of armor in his SM army so I figure that the 2 autocannons and plasma guns will be able to handle the puny rear armor quite well.

In the 1500 points game(when I finally have the money to expand my army) I plan to Deep strike the Sentinels along with platoon 2 just for more back stabbing fun. A total of 10 Autocannon shots coming at you from behind is nothing to laugh at, even if only half of them hit every round. The storm troopers are meant to defend my lines while I wait for back up, and that is why they are not mounted in a Chimera. I want them to stay close and soak up as much CC as humanly possible until 2nd platoon or the sentinel arrive to draw fire.

Anyways, enough of my babling.
    Tell me what you think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a plasma pistol on a commander is a big waste of points. Replace with bolt pistol.

I wouldn't give the command squad a medic unless you put plasma guns in it.

how about adding a banner?

I would only give carapace armor to the important squads. You need normal guardsmen as cheap as possible. But you do have a point about bolters. We'll see about this later.

How about storm troopers? In case you need to capture an objective these guys are really your only option. Equip them with two plasma guns and let em take the objective.

for the leman russ I'd get a hull mounted lascannon

This list will be bowled over by inflitrators. How about addding a demolisher?
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

You have a point about the plasma pistol on my Senior Officer, it may be a bit of a waste.
    The medic stays because I need that squad alive for the higher Ld and the lascannon.

Carapace armor allows me to make a save when I get shot by bolters, so my guardsmen's chances of survivng a hit go from 0 to 50%...which is worth it IMO.

What do you mean "What about storm troopers?"
    I have a squad of them, and they have all the weapons you recomended. So, could you explain the question a bit?

The Demolisher is a great Idea! It would kill marines pretty quick if they tried to Deep Strike. Thanks for the tip.

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by bald inquisitor
    I wouldn't give the command squad a medic unless you put plasma guns in it.

how about adding a banner?
    I agree. Dump the medic for a banner. You keep your leadership source alive by hiding him. As for the boltpistol... I only give my troops wargear as pointfillers. Spend the points on doctrines instead.

I would only give carapace armor to the important squads.
    He's using the Special Equipment: Carapace armour and as such he must give it to ALL guard infantry OR all Rough Riders OR both. He can't pick a squad and say that they don't get it.

for the leman russ I'd get a hull mounted lascannon
    Why would you want to do that? 9/10 shots you're going to use the battlecannon so you might aswell save 10 points and use a heavy bolter. Besides, in a situation when you're not going to use your battlecannon but your lascannon... against a tank for instance, those heavy bolter rounds from the sponsoons will go to waste. Better have 9 bolter shots and hunt infantry after you've lost your battlecannon.

This list will be bowled over by inflitrators. How about addding a demolisher?
    Notice the drop troops doctrine? He could choose to land anywhere on the map, far away from any dangerous infiltrators if he chooses to. How is a demolisher going to help against infiltrators that a regular russ can not? The demolisher is heavy support, it will have deployed long before any infiltrators and a wise player would keep them well away from the demolisher cannon. No, better to have a regular russ and nail them with a battlecannon shell from 72" away. Only if you play against infiltrators with a 2+ save the demolisher would be better, something which I have never encountered.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm about the storm troopers, I can't find em, theres no elite section of the army

YOu need grandiaders to take STs as troops. And I still cant find em :p
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

umm about the storm troopers, I can't find em, theres no elite section of the army

YOu need grandiaders to take STs as troops. And I still cant find em :p
    I think you may be missing something...
    Looke for it...BIG BOLD AND UNDERLINED LETTERS!!!!!
    They are there...you just have to read the WHOLE post.

+ Reply to Thread