[1850] Imperial Guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1850] Imperial Guard

I've finally put together the army list I want and, so far, I've been pretty happy with it. Let me know if you have any suggestions, though.

Doctrines: Iron Discipline, Sharpshooters, Stormtroopers, Conscripts, Independent Commissars

[HQ]
    [96] Junior Officer - Honorifica Imperialis, Laspistol, Iron Discipline, Power Weapon
    4 Guardsmen - Mortar, Company Standard
    [105] Fire Support Squad - 3 Autocannons, sharpshooters
    [120] Anti-Tank Squad - 3 Lascannons, sharpshooters

[291] 5 Grey Knight Terminators - Storm Bolters, Nemisis Force Weapons
    Brother-Captain - Storm Bolter, NFW

[Elite]

[131] 9 Stormtroopers - 2 Plasma Guns
    Vet. Sgt. - Power Weapon, Hellpistol
    [105] Chimera - Multi-laser, Heavy Bolter, Heavy Stubber, Smoke Launchers, Extra Armour

[56] Commissar - Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol

[Troops]

[61] Junior Officer - Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Iron Discipline
    4 Guardsmen - Mortar
    [83] Squad #1 - Missile Launcher, Grenade Launcher
    Sgt. - Laspistol, CCW
    [83] Squad #2 - Missile Launcher, Grenade Launcher
    Sgt. - Laspistol, CCW
    [83] Squad #3 - Missile Launcher, Grenade Launcher
    Sgt. - Laspistol, CCW
    [78] Squad #4 - Heavy Bolter, Grenade Launcher
    Sgt. - Laspistol, CCW

[138] 30 Conscripts - 2 Flamers

[Heavy]

[125] Basilisk - Indirect Fire

[170] Leman Russ Battle Tank - Lascannon, Heavy Bolters, Extra Armour

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

use a senior officer instead of junior, more upgrade options (can get a nice refractor field if you need it).

Get more men and swap a bassie for a demolisher if playing against a fast CC army.
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Gah - nono,
    OK the list is pretty good, personnaly I dont like GK but it is a personnal thing so I will do my best to pretend they are not there.

[96] Junior Officer - Honorifica Imperialis, Laspistol, Iron Discipline, Power Weapon
    4 Guardsmen - Mortar, Company Standard
    OK what is this HQ trying to do? a lot of it is there for moral to bolster the troops, in which case the mortar is senseless, switch it for direct fire special weapon (dont take a heavy, you need to be able to move), either plasma guns or GLs depending on who ou are fighting, stay away from flamers and meltas, maybe consider a medic

[105] Fire Support Squad - 3 Autocannons, sharpshooters
    [120] Anti-Tank Squad - 3 Lascannons, sharpshooters
    I like vary much, some people will tell you to switch the auto cannon to something else (probably heavy bolters) and the odd one or two may tell you to take MLs instead of the las cannon, but personnaly I like as is

[291] 5 Grey Knight Terminators - Storm Bolters, Nemisis Force Weapons
    Brother-Captain - Storm Bolter, NFW
    As I say, not a big fan, you are burning a lot of points here, this is 2 Basilisks, 2 dinner plates on each turn, I really cant justify it, but that is personnal preference

[131] 9 Stormtroopers - 2 Plasma Guns
    Vet. Sgt. - Power Weapon, Hellpistol
    [105] Chimera - Multi-laser, Heavy Bolter, Heavy Stubber, Smoke Launchers, Extra Armour
    OK, what is this unit there for? is it a mobile fire support (in which case hardened veterans would probably be better, as you can get an extra plasma) or an assualt unit?

[56] Commissar - Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol
    hanging with anyone in particular? Presumably the conscripts?

[61] Junior Officer - Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Iron Discipline
    4 Guardsmen - Mortar
    [83] Squad #1 - Missile Launcher, Grenade Launcher
    Sgt. - Laspistol, CCW
    [83] Squad #2 - Missile Launcher, Grenade Launcher
    Sgt. - Laspistol, CCW
    [83] Squad #3 - Missile Launcher, Grenade Launcher
    Sgt. - Laspistol, CCW
    [78] Squad #4 - Heavy Bolter, Grenade Launcher
    Sgt. - Laspistol, CCW
    OK same issue with your command squad - what is it trying to do, mortars really are appaling weapons, the only excise for them (and I use them) is that you dont need line of sight, but this does not apply to your platoon HQ, I would rather have direct fire special weapons
    Dont like GLs, they are not as effetive as plasma VS Marines and CSMs which seem to be the majority of armies I face, if you are gonna face different ones most of the time - fine

[138] 30 Conscripts - 2 Flamers
    as above, presumably with the Commisar?

[170] Leman Russ Battle Tank - Lascannon, Heavy Bolters, Extra Armour
    - fine, not sure about the heavy bolters on the LR but otherwise fine

Sggestions, consider some FA units, wither a hellhound or a rough rider squad, not suggesting you necessarly charge them up the field, but counter charge?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine
    OK what is this HQ trying to do? a lot of it is there for moral to bolster the troops, in which case the mortar is senseless, switch it for direct fire special weapon (dont take a heavy, you need to be able to move), either plasma guns or GLs depending on who ou are fighting, stay away from flamers and meltas, maybe consider a medic

hanging with anyone in particular? Presumably the conscripts?

OK same issue with your command squad - what is it trying to do, mortars really are appaling weapons, the only excise for them (and I use them) is that you dont need line of sight, but this does not apply to your platoon HQ, I would rather have direct fire special weapons
    Dont like GLs, they are not as effetive as plasma VS Marines and CSMs which seem to be the majority of armies I face, if you are gonna face different ones most of the time - fine

as above, presumably with the Commisar?

Sggestions, consider some FA units, wither a hellhound or a rough rider squad, not suggesting you necessarly charge them up the field, but counter charge?
    As far as the mortars in command squads go...Aside from the stormtroopers and grey knights, nothing will be leaving my deployment zone until the last couple turns. Until then, all my squads will be hanging back, allowing them to use the officers leadership, even while the officers hang back a little farther. The conscripts (with commissar) will be out front. If they get into a large combat, they will be blocking a lot of line of sight. The Basilisks and mortars might find themselves the only things that can fire.

Right after I posted this list, I decided to drop the XA on the chimera and switch two grenade launchers to plasma guns, so that's covered.

As far as the GK Termies go...I could drop them and take rough riders and a hellhound instead, but I find that they always make up thier points value and (especially against necrons, who I see frequently) they are a stupenodous close combat unit. I can deepstrike them and use them to assassinateany necron lords, orc warbosses, wraithlords, or sm characters I may need to deal with.

+ Reply to Thread