[1500] Ravenwing (Chaosbrynns Standard List) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

[1500] Ravenwing (Chaosbrynns Standard List)

Just figured I would put this up, I have a hell of a lot of fun with this list and while it can be a great challenge to play, it has a tendancy to mop the floor with everyone I play against.

For those who dont know, Ravenwing is comprised solely of Bikes and Speeders. Bikes as troops, Speeders as fast and Attack bikes as heavy support.

HQ

Master of the Ravenwing on speeder - 255

Troops

Bike Squadron #1 - 245
    1 x Vet Sergeant - Powerfist, Bolt pistol
    2 x Bikers w/ Melta guns
    1 x Bikers
    1x Attack bike

Bike Squadron #2 - 245
    2 x Bikers w/ Melta guns
    1 x Bikers
    1x Attack bike

Fast Attack

Speeder Squadron #1 - 240
    3 x Land Speeder Tornado - Heavy bolter + Assault Cannon

Speeder Squadron #2 - 240

Speeder Squadron #3 - 240

Total - 1505

For those who dont know, the master of the ravenwing has some special abilities to increase his survivability and the offensive shooting of any squad he chooses each turn.

Also, All ravenwing units has the skilled rider ability as well as a 6+ invulnerable save so long as they have moved 6" or more. Yes, even the speeders

The list depends on its Maneuverability and offensive prowess as the speeders can go down quickly if not used properly. Fortunately there is very little that can stand up to a 3x LST barrage. The bikers are used as tank hunters and assault shock troops. In witch they work admirably in both functions. The entire army has the ability move up to 24" in a single turn witch makes flanking all so easy. This list performs best where controlling table quarters leads to victory as I can wait untill the last turn and moce each unit 24" to claim a quarter.

I figure that since I give out so much advice people may be wondering what it is that I play. Since I mention my speeder army so much, well here it is. The one thing I miss from 3rd ed (althout its much better now due to the enhanced assault cannon) is the ability for my master on speeder to have his own retinue of 3 speeders.

Questions or comments are more then welcome. If anyone would like to know how this list deals with certain oponents or units feel free to ask. The list is capable of taking on all comers although this is not always aparent by looking at it.

Cheers Mates!
    Chaosbrynn

Last edited by Chaosbrynn; October 20th, 2005 at 22:57.
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Anyway, I was unable to give your list a full review because my brother made me get off the computer. *ahem.

(As per Chaosbrynn's standard army list review)

Ok, let's see what we can do here...

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosbrynn
    Master of the Ravenwing on speeder - 250
    Can't go wrong with this, however, he costs 255 pts.

Bike Squadron #1 - 261
    2 x Bikers w/ Melta guns
    2 x Bikers
    1x Attack bike
    Can't go wrong with this either, it's really cool to drive around a Land Raider (and block all the access points), cause a penetrating hit, and oh my, the guys inside are automatically killed. Plus, I find this unit to be the Space Marine's most effective unit at wiping other units out completely (with the Chaplain).

Speeder Squadron #1 - 240

Speeder Squadron #2 - 240

Speeder Squadron #3 - 240
    Still can't go wrong with this.

Total - 1492
    You could use the remaining points to give a sergeant a plasma pistol, but then again, the Master on Speeder costs 5 more points than you show, so I guess you couldn't do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    Ok, let's see what we can do here...
    Oops, guess there's nothing, great list, five stars.
    Last edited by Chaosbrynn; October 20th, 2005 at 23:13.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

71 (x4)

Yeah, dont know how I forgot about the extra 5 points. Been a while since I looked at the point values for the list.

As to the plasma pistol, im always wary of giving expensive single wound models plasma weapons. Hate loosing them to that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

I love the 1500pt list, and would collect Ravenwing if the purse strings allowed. However at £54 for a squadron of landspeeders they aren't cheap.
    I do however have a squadron of LST's and a Bike squadron though my Attack Bikes tend to roam alone when I use them.
    My bikes have falllen out of favour recently after a poor preformance and the purchase of some Terminators.

Personaly I wouldnt go for the Master, too expensive as a skimmer and whatever my LST's fire at tends to turn into a red stain anyway. I can see how he's good though. Plus you are undoubtedly the expert.
    Last edited by Chaosbrynn; October 20th, 2005 at 23:14.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

71 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Doom
    I love the 1500pt list, and would collect Ravenwing if the purse strings allowed. However at £54 for a squadron of landspeeders they aren't cheap.
    I do however have a squadron of LST's and a Bike squadron though my Attack Bikes tend to roam alone when I use them.
    My bikes have falllen out of favour recently after a poor preformance and the purchase of some Terminators.
    Yeah Landpseeders cost 35 bucks each here. Never been happy about that myself. But dont give up on your bikes because they didnt perform well for you once, the are wicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Doom
    Personaly I wouldnt go for the Master, too expensive as a skimmer and whatever my LST's fire at tends to turn into a red stain anyway. I can see how he's good though. Plus you are undoubtedly the expert.
    The masters abilities is what make him useful. Plus with a 4+ invulnerable save and attaching him to a speeder squadron, you would be suprised what he can withstand. And honestly, his ability to re-roll an entire round of shooting for a squad does come greatly in handy. I cant tell you how many times Ive rolled 12 assault cannon shots to only come up with 1 or worse yet, no rending shots. The ability to take the whole thing over, both missess and hits has been very handy. Especially against 3+ and 2+ saves.

Thanks for the input though
    Last edited by Chaosbrynn; October 20th, 2005 at 23:15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

Yeah Landpseeders cost 35 bucks each here. Never been happy about that myself. But dont give up on your bikes because they didnt perform well for you once, the are wicked.

Its my standard fun list actually. I have played it in tournies, and won. Final battle both times was against static tau. You could imagine how that went. Was annihilating 3 entire squads of firewarriors a turn and the battlesuits just couldnt stand up to the bikers. In the second tourny, my master swooped over the etheareals head and used his special melee attack that targets whatever model I want to lop of his head in a single blow.

And its ML over Las everywhere but tactical squads. Otherwise your paying far to many points for a single shot.

Thanks for the input though
    You are slighly better off for pricing on Landspeeders but they are heavily overpriced.

My Bikes usefullness changes too much game to game. I played IG recently where poor rolling had them taking 2 turns to go througy 1 squad and for more points than a squadron of LST's that wasn't nice.

I had a game against Tau where despite my efforts and turboboosting they were anhiialated before reaching combat.

Conversly in 1 game against Iron warriors they killed a Land aider, Rhino, and Predator but that was simply using them as 250pts of 2 meltaguns.

Alot of players here are taking up Tyranids and again I would rather a Squadron of LST's over Bikes.

Very funny with the ethereal, Vindicare eat your heart out.

The list looks fun and I respect its effectivness but storyline is an integeral part of the game though I must say I play to win and am disappointed with defeat.

On fluff, Rhinos and Razorbacks I have none of the 3 and dont intend on either of the last 2 even after Victors adequate tactica. However it is something to keep in mind. And playing to it can be effective, for marine for example playing to a half company, 3 tac, 1 assault, 1 devastator will give you an excellant force.

On lascannon v's ML lascannon are roughly 5x as effective anti 2+ save for less than that points increase and can penetrate av 14. I think we are going to have to agree to disagree on that one. Oh and I prefer small assault squads to large though again ditto.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent list.I especially love those Land Speeder squadrons.They can pump out a total of 63 shots per turn(36 assault cannon shots and 27 heavy bolter shots) OMG that rocks!I would do a Ravenwing army but im the same as Wings of Doom my budget wouldnt allow it, maybe one day though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the 1500 point list lets face it, it just works.

Also, with the new DA F.A.Q the Master of the Ravenwing on his speeder does not count as an independent character, therefore he may not join or leave other squads and may be shot at, by any enemy unit as it pleases.

The wording of the rules for the master simply mean that you may NOT use the Master in a Dark Angels army, unless it is 1500 points or more. NOT that you may field Dark Angels in a Ravenwing army of more than 1500 points.

The 1500 point list rocks Chaos! Other than that good luck, and may the Emperor be with you!
    Last edited by Chaosbrynn; October 20th, 2005 at 23:16.
    Qui est Mortis? Lol, the rep... neggatized for something... lol that nobody payed attention too... Lol Goodbye all, BTW This is permanent goodbye so save some bandwidth mods delete this account :D :evil: :D :evil: :D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great list chaosbryn have to admit I am extremely tempted to play ravenwing (it just looks so fun :lol: ), just one point though looking at your 1500 list the points costs for the biker squads and the speeders seem to come in at the standard codex cost, I thought the ravenwing had to pay extra for their jink saves etc for all their units ?
    Also If you don't mind filling me In the master looks rather pricey for his points apart from his 4+* / re-rolling misses / and hit and run option could you possibly give me some sort of summary on the master?
    Thanks for your patience

Cadian 7th
    FLAME ON!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, I can't believe I missed that you have a good eye Cadian. And yes ar bikes cost more 40 points each actually, and they dont get frag grenades either..... But hey they look cool right?

And Chaos I'm interested to know how the master is so useful too.
    Qui est Mortis? Lol, the rep... neggatized for something... lol that nobody payed attention too... Lol Goodbye all, BTW This is permanent goodbye so save some bandwidth mods delete this account :D :evil: :D :evil: :D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast