[1500] Mechanised Infantry - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500] Mechanised Infantry

Well, trying my hand at a 40k list, so here we go...

Doctrines Taken
    Mechanised Infantry
    Close Order Drill

HQ
    Command Squad
    Heroic Senior Officer - Bolter
    Meltagun, Standard Bearer
    Chimera
    Multilaser, Hevay Bolter
    Extra Armour
    181pts

Troops
    Infantry Platoon
    Command Squad
    Junior Officer - Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon
    Chimera
    Multilaser, Hevay Bolter
    Extra Armour
    146pts

Infantry Squad 1
    Heavy Bolter
    Chimera
    Multilaser, Heavy Bolter
    Extra Armour
    160pts

Infantry Squad 2
    Heavy Bolter
    Chimera
    Multilaser, Heavy Bolter
    Extra Armour
    160pts

Infantry Squad 3
    Missile Launcher
    Chimera
    Multilaser, Missile Launcher
    Extra Armour
    165pts

Armoured Fist Squad
    Missile Launcher
    Chimera
    Multilaser, Missile Launcher
    Extra Armour
    Heavy support
    Leman Russ Demolisher
    Lascannon, Heavy Bolters
    175pts

Leman Russ Demolisher
    Lascannon, Heavy Bolters
    175pts

Leman Russ Battletank
    Lascannon, Heavy Bolters
    Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers
    173pts

1500pts on the nose

How's that?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

Its not bad, mechanized lists are rather hard to make effectively, most especially at lower point totals. You didn't go overboard on upgrades, so that saves me a lot of ranting and nitpicking.

A few suggestions, though:
    * This might not be the type of force you're looking for (and if not, feel free to ignore the idea), but a mechanized list can actually be made without using the Mechanized doctrine, and for fewer points. Rather than taking a standard infantry platoon and equipping the command section, minimum two infantry squads, and an additional Armored Fist squad with Chimeras, you can simply take the Grenadier doctrine and take two Grenadier squads mounted in Chimeras. Couple those with your Command HQ mounted in a Chimera, and presto, you've got your minimum requirements for fewer points, you've got better BS for most of your troops, better armor, and more special weapons. The special weapons is a definite plus, because troops scooting around the board in Chimeras won't be able to utilize their heavy weapons as much, making them a costly investment. Whereas you can pile out of a Chimera in rapid fire range and snap off 4 plasma shots per squad.
    * An idea for getting additional weaponry without too much expense, is to mount Hardened Veteran squads in Chimeras. That way you can have 3 plasmaguns or meltaguns (for tank hunting) that can rapidly deploy around the board where you need them. Plus they're BS 4 and cheaper than Storm Troopers. A bare bones squad could be nothing more than a Veteran Sarge, 3 vets with special weapons, and a vet with a vox-caster. After they are dropped off or die, you can use a properly equipped Chimera as a medium tank for fire support.
    * If you decide to stick with the mechanized infantry platoon, you definitely need to fit some special weapons into your infantry squads. They give your squad added punch and you can always use them on the move. The same can't be said for heavy weapons.
    * Finally, I'd suggest changing one of the Demolishers to a a basic Leman Russ (and maybe drop the hull-mounted lascannons on the regular Russes for heavy bolters). Two Russes and a Demolisher or Basilisk gives you good mobile, long-ranged firepower and gives your opponent a bigger headache by having to take out two of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

A couple of things I would change:

1> Add smoke launchers to all Chimeras. Most important tank upgrage IMO. If you aren't planning on driving up to the enemy, drop the Extra armor.

2> With the Chimeras, you have plenty of anti troop firepower. I would change the Heavy bolters and Missle Launchers in the troop squads to Lascannons. IMO all IG armies NEED 4 of these somewhere, especially if you don't take some DS Stormies with Melta Guns.

3> To make up the points for the Lascannons, I would change one of the Demolishers to a Bassilisk. That is my favorite Heavy Support combo: Russ, Bassie, Demolisher.
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

+ Reply to Thread