[2500] Daemonhunters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[2500] Daemonhunters

Aaallrightee then, it's list time! yay! There are some changes that have been made as I post, so points may be slightly off (for example, I purged a GK squad and replaced them with Purgation)

HQ

Inquisitor Lord Hoffman
    MCThunder Hammer, Bolt P., Artificer Armor, Icon of the Just, Teleport Homer
    Retinue: Familiar, 3x Acolytes (2 BP, one Plasma P., come w/ free CCW) Combat Servitor, Veteran Guardsman (Plasma)
    Psychic: Scourging, Word of the Emperor (the BP is for the extra attack)
    258 pts

I know I have a shooty model (the Vet) in a CC-oriented unit, but... it just seems right.

Grand Master Constantine
    MC NFW, Storm Bolter, Bionics, Icon of the Just
    Retinue - Five GKTs, one Incinerator, one TH and SS
    440 pts (oof)

Elites

Inquisitor Laredus
    Power Sword, Bolt P., Power Armor, Digital Weapons, Purity Seals, Refractor Field (Represented by Tactical shield; he's a WH Crusader model), Unguents of Warding
    Retinue: Familiar, Heirophant, Acolyte (Bolt P.), 2x Combat-servitors
    Psychic: Scourging
    179 pts

Inquisitor Alarchus
    Psycannon, Power Armor, Psychic Hood, Teleport Homer, Unguents of Warding
    Retinue: 3x Gun-servitors (2 Heavy Bolters, one Multi-melta), 2x Sages
    205 pts

Eversor Assassin
    95 pts

Troops

Squad Derrick (ISTs) x 10
    Vet.Sgt with Power Sword, Bolt P., Melta Bombs
    Meltagun, Flamer, Krak Grenades
    Rhino (Pinlte-mounted SB, xtra armor, Smoke launchers)
    234 pts

Squad Thuris (ISTs) x 10
    Vet.Sgt with Power Fist, otherwise same as above
    Meltagun, Grenade launcher, Krak grenades
    Rhino, as above
    249 pts

Fast Attack

Squads Yuri and Artur (FAGK) x 10 each
    Incinerator
    Just. has Frag Grenades, Melta Bombs
    296 pts, 296 pts

Heavy Support

Squad Marcus (Purgation) x 5
    4 Psycannons
    270 pts

Revered Brother Matthais (Grey Kinghts Dread)
    Assault cannon (the new, shiny SM one! yay!), DCCW, heavy flamer (also new and shiny! not heavy, but assault! doesn't make a difference, tho),xtra armor, Smoke launchers
    128 pts

TOTAL: aargh! Damn! 2650 pts I am definetly cutting one of my Elite =][=s. I am rushed to post, so it might be too leet-speaky and wierd... will edit later, with one =][= gone.

=][=

A man's at odds to know his mind, for his mind is aught he has to know it with.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

You seem more radical with all those inquisitors than anything else but that's cus im a puritan and almost all other lists look radical . Anyways, why do you have so many inquisitors? IMO they are pathetic point hogs. If you really get your points back with them then I mean, keep them in, but I really see no point in having 3.

The flamer and grenade launcher in your IST squadsare an absolute waste, switch them for meltas so you have 2 in each squad.

For 2500 pts. you should have a GM with a 9x termie retinue. You have (by my means) not one hard-hitting-stand-and-fight units aside from your FAGK squad and that is only stand-and-fight. You need ATLEAST ONE SQUAD that will strike fear into your opponents.

If you do keep your inquis'. Atleast give them transports. Foot-slogging will get them killed.

This is an big comment that is small...YOU HAVE SLIM TO NONE ANI-TANK FOR BATTLES THIS LARGE!!!!!!! People can bring multiple LR's and you only have two tiny squads that can destroy them!!!!

Overall - I really don't think your list is balanced, it looks very broken and weak for the most part. In a 2500pt. game you need to think about what your enemy can bring to the table aswell. I honestly have seen 1500pt. lists that can shred this 2500pt. list apart. Think bigger!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

JustikarYuri, I can tell you right now that this list is WAY too top-heavy:

Quote Originally Posted by JustikarYuri
    Inquisitor Lord Hoffman
    MCThunder Hammer, Bolt P., Artificer Armor, Icon of the Just, Teleport Homer
    Retinue: Familiar, 3x Acolytes (2 BP, one Plasma P., come w/ free CCW) Combat Servitor, Veteran Guardsman (Plasma)
    Psychic: Scourging, Word of the Emperor (the BP is for the extra attack)
    258 pts
    I'd honestly drop this unit entirely. It won't be very CC-effective because of the retinue (too fragile, and not very combat-oriented), and the Lord's loadout is a huge points-sink. Drop it and use the GM as the only HQ!

If you feel the need to keep it: drop the mastercrafting (not overly points-effective), artificer armor (already has power, and the Icon), & teleport homer (no transport = not going to be in a place to use it). Lose one of the psychic powers.

Grand Master Constantine
    MC NFW, Storm Bolter, Bionics, Icon of the Just
    Retinue - Five GKTs, one Incinerator, one TH and SS
    440 pts (oof)
    Bionics aren't necessary - three wounds & 2+/4+ saves. Mastercrafting isn't points-effective - a power weapon to replace his stormbolter would be more useful.

Inquisitor Laredus
    Power Sword, Bolt P., Power Armor, Digital Weapons, Purity Seals, Refractor Field (Represented by Tactical shield; he's a WH Crusader model), Unguents of Warding
    Retinue: Familiar, Heirophant, Acolyte (Bolt P.), 2x Combat-servitors
    Psychic: Scourging
    179 pts
    Again, too fragile of a unit for proper combat. And again, the Inquisitor is waaay too loaded out.

Inquisitor Alarchus
    Psycannon, Power Armor, Psychic Hood, Teleport Homer, Unguents of Warding
    Retinue: 3x Gun-servitors (2 Heavy Bolters, one Multi-melta), 2x Sages
    205 pts
    Lose the MM servitor - the short range and different purpose from the HB's will make it ineffective. Power armor, a Hood, and Unguents aren't useful for a shooty unit. Teleport Homer, again, isn't useful without a transport. Snag a Mystic for the sixth henchman, and Auspex on the Inquisitor.

Eversor Assassin
    95 pts
    Dandy.

Squad Derrick (ISTs) x 10
    Vet.Sgt with Power Sword, Bolt P., Melta Bombs
    Meltagun, Flamer, Krak Grenades
    Rhino (Pinlte-mounted SB, xtra armor, Smoke launchers)
    234 pts
    Don't mix special weapons, especially when they serve completely different purposes. Take 2x meltaguns in this unit (if you must combine special weapons, mix the flamer & gl in the second unit), and make it a dedicated anti-armor unit. Don't bother with the extra stormbolter. A power sword on an S3 model, especially one who doesn't have the longest lifespan, isn't the best idea. Oh, and THIS is where you should put the Teleport Homer.

Squad Thuris (ISTs) x 10
    Vet.Sgt with Power Fist, otherwise same as above
    Meltagun, Grenade launcher, Krak grenades
    Rhino, as above
    249 pts
    Again with the special weapons. The powerfist is a better choice, but is fairly expensive - it'd be better suited in the anti-armor unit with the 2x meltaguns, since it can be used to pop tanks. Remember, though, that GK have S6 for FREE, and you're PAYING for S6 on this Vet - and slower too!

Squads Yuri and Artur (FAGK) x 10 each
    Incinerator
    Just. has Frag Grenades, Melta Bombs
    296 pts, 296 pts
    Nothing wrong with these.

Squad Marcus (Purgation) x 5
    4 Psycannons
    270 pts
    Targeter (if you want) and Auspex on the Justicar.

Revered Brother Matthais (Grey Kinghts Dread)
    Assault cannon (the new, shiny SM one! yay!), DCCW, heavy flamer (also new and shiny! not heavy, but assault! doesn't make a difference, tho),xtra armor, Smoke launchers
    128 pts
    Upgrade to an Incinerator - the ability to ignore Invuln saves makes it priceless vs Elites & HQs.

You've basically gone wargear crazy on this list, and there's no reason at all to do that in a DH army. And your three Inquisitors are just badly composed - they look to be multi-purpose, and all have too much gear. Too little anti-tank, and not a lot of staying (or hitting) power.

Quote Originally Posted by Emp.
    For 2500 pts. you should have a GM with a 9x termie retinue
    Eeep. I'd say that a GM + 4-6 is plenty, regardless of game size. A unit that huge is just a magnet for everything the enemy can throw at it - and lascannons still hurt!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, will change. I was going to drop the Shooty =][= altogether after seeing that points total...

damn, I'm going to have a LOT of xtra points...

-rushed- will post edited list in a bit. or tomorrow. or later. whatever.

=][=

++EDIT++ Hahahaha! 222 posts! soon i will have some REAL rep power.... a few rather helpful people will be getting a boost veery sooon....
    A man's at odds to know his mind, for his mind is aught he has to know it with.

+ Reply to Thread