[1000]Ultramarines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1000]Ultramarines

hi again...i have tweaked this list for hopefully the last time...although i still have 15 points left to add to my army...any thoughts on what i could use those last 15pts for and if my list would be good against..well any opponent really....my chaplain would most likely link up with one of the first two tac squads, or the 4th one w/ the plasma gun...not quite sure yet...any tactics to go along with this would help too

HQ-
    Chaplain
    MoS
    Termie. Armour
    Storm Bolter
    130pts

TROOPS-
    Tac Squad1
    Vet. Sergeant PP/CCW
    4 Bolters
    100pts
    Tac Squad2
    Vet. Sergeant PP/CCW
    4 Bolters
    100pts
    Tac Squad3
    1 Lascannon
    4 Bolters
    90pts
    Tac Squad4
    1 Plasma Gun
    4 Bolters
    85pts

FAST ATTACK-
    Assault Squad
    Vet. Sergeant PP/PF
    1 PP/CCW
    3 BP/CCW
    All Meltabombs
    160pts
    Assault Squad
    Vet. Sergeant PP/PF
    1 PP/CCW
    3 BP/CCW
    All Meltabombs
    160pts

Land Speeder Squadron
    LST (HB/AC)
    80pts
    LST (HB/AC)
    80pts

Total- 985pts

1 HQ, 4 Troops, 3 Fast Attack

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Why pay the extra points to put the plasma pistol on the assaultt sgts when you can buy another one for half the price for a regular trooper? Unless you think the Sgt's going to be the last man standing, and will make better use of it, I can't see wasting the points. The plasma pistol on a vet sgt in a tac squad is an interesting choice, though, since he can still shoot and assault, as opposed to using the points on a regular plasma gun, which has better range and can shoot twice at the same range as a pistol, but would prohibit assault. Too bad the PP doesn't actually help in assault!

Still, for the same price as a plasma pistol on the vet sgts, you could put a melta-gun in the squad, which has far more potential for killing tanks and instant-killing characters. And you wouldn't risk melting the Sgt if you roll a 1!

Lost the flamers and missile launchers, eh? Pity... I kind of like the idea of playing--and winning--with uncommon/unfavored units and weapons...like flamers!

I'd use the extra 15 points to drop some cheap heavy bolters on the tac squads. If you don't use them, no loss, but they might just come in handy!
    4 bionic bitz for Og "Da Boss" Grotstompa
    40 grots stomped
    400 boyz killed in action
    4000 light years of "Ere we go, Ere we go, Ere we Go" without a break
    $40K spent on GW

I'm a SM commander with about 20 service studs in my head.

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

I would not put termie armour on your chaplain unless you're going to give him a squad to deepstrike with.

I'd rather go with artificer armour, or if you can scab the points give him a jet pack to and let him accompany the assault squads.

Also I would combine the assault squads, yes I know it will deny you a power weapon, but give the points saved to the chaplain. THe main reason for this though is to allow the landspeeder squadrons to split up so a) they are more survivable and more importantly b) they can target different units.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph Of Man
    I would not put termie armour on your chaplain unless you're going to give him a squad to deepstrike with.

My Chaplain already has Termie armour so I have to keep him like that...unless i got another chappie and put a jet pack on him...anyways i figure i'll probably send my termie chaplain in with my tac squads while the LSTs flank from one side and the assault guys flank the other side

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph Of Man
    Also I would combine the assault squads, yes I know it will deny you a power weapon, but give the points saved to the chaplain. THe main reason for this though is to allow the landspeeder squadrons to split up so a) they are more survivable and more importantly b) they can target different units.

im basically new to this so bear with me...but if i combine my two assault squads (making it 1 vet sarge w/ PP/PF, 1 PP/CCW, 8 BP/CCW) then i wouldnt be able to have the PF on that sarge? or did you mean that since both of them would be vet sarges only one could be in the 10man squad so i would lose 1 of my 2 PFs? (i dont actually have the assault squad models yet, so i can change it up a bit) but i was originally going to wait until i played some games to move up to 1500pt and add 10 more assault marines (all BP/CCW...5 to one existing squad and the other 5 to the other existing squad) unless you think that i should change that and just make one 10man assault squad and add another later

s1lent

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

Because it becomes a single squad, ten men strong you can only have one sergeant in a squad so you would have to lose the second sergeant and make him a regular marine.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

right off the bat after a quick review of the list, I suggest you make your squads bigger especially the assault squads. Also, don't have your chappy as a foot slogger, plop him in an assault squad so you can effectively use the Liniants of Hate (sorry for mis-spell). Also your first two tac squads need some more fire power, put some heavy weapons in there. Also Plasma pistols on tactical squad vets are pretty much useless. Take those off and use those points elsewhere.

+ Reply to Thread