[2000] Deamonhunters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[2000] Deamonhunters

OK, my last DH list was terrible (I didn't post it here, but I got owned, hard). So, before I try to use these guys again, I am seeking your advice. Any input would be lovely.

HQ

[405] Grand Master - Psycannon Bolts, Holocaust
    5 Grey Knight Terminators

Elites

[76] Inquisitor - Power Armour, Teleport Homer, Bolt Pistol, Thunder Hammer, Word of the Emporer
    [120] Callidus Assassin

Troops

[165] 9 Stormtroopers - 2 Meltaguns
    Rhino - Extra Armour
    [198] 9 Stormtroopers - 2 Plasma Guns
    Vet. Sgt. - Hellpistol, CCW, Teleport Homer
    Rhino - Extra Armour
    [235] 7 Grey Knights
    Justicar - Teleport Homer

Fast Attack

[275] 9 Grey Knights
    Justicar

Heavy Support

[143] Dreadnought - T/L Lascannon, Missile Launcher, Smoke Launcher
    [128] Dreadnought - Assault Cannon, Incinerator, DCCW, Smoke Launcher
    [255] Land Raider Crusader

The troops unit of GK will be in the LRC and the Inquisitor will join the smaller unit of IST in their Rhino. The GM and FAGK, obviously, will teleport in where they are most needed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Phoenix Guard 1988's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless you know you will be fighting a demon-heavy army, I would just drop the Psycannon Bolts. Holocaust is only really good against horde armies, like 'nids and orks. If you decide to get rid of both, take Icon of the Just instead.
    Rhino - Extra Armour
    Rhino - Extra Armour
    [235] 7 Grey Knights
    For the meltagun squad, cut it down to just 4 guys and the sgt. and just keep them in the Rhino and use the firepoints. Also, you should drop the ccw and pistol from the sgt., if the squad gets into cc, your toast, so don't even bother.

The GK squad above can also be in the Fast Attack section, it doesn't have to DS and putting them out last will keep your opponent guessing. Instead of joining the Inquisitor to the IST squad, put them in with the PAGK, this will give him a higher survivability and take better advantage of his cc ability.

I would make both Dreadnoughts anti-tank and give the LRC smoke. (If you can afford it.)
    If you need any extra points, take out a few ISTs. I know it seems like a lot of stuff, but it's only minor tweaks.
    1500 years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe
    500 years ago everybody knew the world was flat
    5 minutes ago you knew humans were alone on the planet
    Imagine what you'll know tomorrow

Imagine-John Lennon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Myself, I don't like using Holocaust - it's just a personal thing, really. This unit'll tear through combat enough as it is. Psycannon bolts are handy, but I'd rather go all or nothing - give him a psycannon, or leave the stormbolter alone. Icon of the Just is a handy choice, but don't bother if you can't find the points for it. I'm also a fan of putting one TH/SS combo in GKT units of this size or larger. It's great for when you run into those random Dreadnoughts or TMC's.

[76] Inquisitor - Power Armour, Teleport Homer, Bolt Pistol, Thunder Hammer, Word of the Emporer
    Drop WotE. I'd drop the Power Armor & Hammer as well, and exchange them for just a power weapon, but that's just me.

[120] Callidus Assassin
    Nothing wrong here!

Rhino - Extra Armour
    Rhino - Extra Armour
    Nothing wrong here either. Smoke could be useful, and Searchlights, since these'll be close to the foe.

[235] 7 Grey Knights
    I'd make this unit FA as well - I'll explain below why.

[275] 9 Grey Knights
    Justicar
    Perfect.

[143] Dreadnought - T/L Lascannon, Missile Launcher, Smoke Launcher
    [128] Dreadnought - Assault Cannon, Incinerator, DCCW, Smoke Launcher
    [255] Land Raider Crusader
    Extra armor on both Dreads, and Smoke/Searchlights on the LRC (again, because it'll be getting up close & personal, and can spot for your long ranged Dread).

Here's an idea for ya:

Make both GK units FA, and DON'T join the Inquisitor to the IST unit. Instead, give the IST unit a Vet with Homer, and leave them alone. Put the lone Inquisitor into the LRC, and use THAT as a doormat for your FAGK. If you put the Troop GK unit into an LRC, that's a ~500pt target right there. Just the Inquisitor in there makes it a bit less devestating if it dies. Also, since you'll have just about all of your infantry sitting on the sideboard (due to being in Reserve or in transports), the enemy will never know that the LRC is a (comparative) waste of time.

Anyways, using the above tactic or not, the list is pretty good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice, guys! As far as Holocaust goes, I play against orcs about 50% of the time, so I imagine it will come in handy. I really like the idea of putting the Inquisitor in the LRC alone as a semi-decoy, but in friendly games my group makes it a habit to announce who is in what transport, so that wouldn't work for me. I'll try and make the points work out on the other suggestions, though.

+ Reply to Thread