[1850] Blood Angels List: Has yet to be beaten - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1850] Blood Angels List: Has yet to be beaten

This is a list that I have modified from a couple of my other lists following similar strategies. I'm trying a new thing I've never tried before that I would like some input on (not using sponsons). Before you tear this sucker up: This army will be facing Marines, Imperial Guard and Eldar so please make comments relivant.

HQ-405pts
    Chaplain Lemartes+Death Company+Jet Pack-249pts
    Sanguinary High Priest+Term. Hon.+Jet Pack+BP+PW+Melta Bombs+Narthecium/Reductor-156pts (Joins Assault Squad "Heavy")

Elites-327pts
    Moriar The Chosen+Drop Pod (NOTE: Whether Moriar may be transported in a Drop Pod or not is still unknown as far as I know, but the groups I play with allow it).

Venerable Dreadnought+LC+Extra Armor+Smoke-153pts

Troops-303pts
    Scout Squad Assault Heavy-163pts
    Vet+PF+Tele. Homr.
    9x Scouts+BP+CCW

Scout Squad Assault Light-140pts
    Vet+PS
    8x Scouts+BP+CCW

Fast Attack-687pts
    Land Speeder Squadron-150pts
    2x Land Speeder Tornados w/ MM+HF variant (I realize some think this combo is bad, but I've found that once you've taken care of all tank threats you can go after troops visa versa).

Assault Squad Heavy-280pts
    Vet+PF
    7x Assault Marines
    2x Assault Marines+PP
    Melta Bombs

Assault Squad Light-257pts
    Vet+PW
    7x Assault Marines
    2x Assault Marines+Flamers

Heavy Support-128ptspts

Predator Annihilator+Extra Armor+Smoke-128pts (I'm trying a tank w/o sponsons because I've found that I normally never get both sponsons to shoot at one target because of their limited range, and the inability to move, to get a direct shot, and fire non-defensive weapons. Also I like being able to have a tank thats cheaper than a Dreadnought w/ a twinlinked lascannon AND have better front armor).

When played right this list is great. It has enough firepower for tank popping and pleanty of assault power. So far I've gone 4-0 against IG armies, Eldar, and SW. Questions, comments, critiques?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

It's a solid-enough looking list, but don't you think it's a little light on Troops choices?

Other than that, it's nice, all those Jump Packs would put you on top of the enemy by the end of the second turn...at the latest.

I'm a big fan of Moriar the Chosen.

Also, can you give the Sanguiniary High Priest the Exsanguinator? It's only five more points, but it allows you to ignore many more wounds. It's worth it, I think.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    222 (x7)

I agree, it's a little troop light. Against Eldar you may need numbers, and you may face a punding of firepower from IG. I think you should include at least another tactical squad.

But other than that, great list. Well done.!

+ Reply to Thread